The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live schedule? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
With that said, a lecture (whether this week or in the future) that focuses primarily on rubber band material would be awesome!

I agree. And I agree that whatever he does will be great. LOVED Dan's last lecture at Penguin.

Excited for tonight!

RevJohn
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Where can we sign up for today's lecture..?
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 15:16, Dan McLean wrote:
Where can you sign up for Dan's lecture? I can't locate it on Penguin.

Quote:
On 2013-01-16 10:04, RSchlutz wrote:
Acar.... How do I order Dan's lecture. I can not seem to find a link.

Ryan

Quote:
On 2013-01-16 13:26, dan the man wrote:
Where can we sign up for today's lecture..?

I think what's happening is that Penguin is responding to my earlier request, to keep magic a secret.

Or maybe the Harlan lecture is only for the customers who had already paid for Randall's lecture.

If that's the case, two very lucky individuals will get a real treat tonight, the rest of us are left out in the cold Smile

DD
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Don Dasher why so mean all the time?
P3
practice practice perform.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 15:59, ted french wrote:
Don Dasher why so mean all the time?

It's not ALL the time.

That's like saying, "Why is Latest and Greatest filled with Penguin Magic customer service requests ALL the time?"

DD Smile
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
So Harlan's link is up.....

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3173

Ryan
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Feel like I'm becoming a broken record on this topic, but

Is the first 20 minutes free like the banner reading

FREE PREVIEW First 20 minutes until 7:20pm EST says?

Because it is 7:05, it looks like the lecture has started and there is still only the background music.

In case anyone is wondering whether or not I'm just trying to get previews all the time, I bought this and know it will be great with Dan, but it's still annoying when I see something which says FREE 20 minute preview and then it doesn't exist.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
This lecture is soooo good. It might be my favorite yet and it's just getting started.
P3
practice practice perform.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Amazing lecture! One of Penguin's best. He must return for another.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Great lecture. Dan is a terrific creator, performer and teacher. Glad he was able to step in to do this "surprise" nearly three-hour-long lecture. And I'm also happy that it wasn't all rubber bands. Smile Hope to see him again soon for another one.

And Barts, if you bought this why were you trying to watch the free preview? The sound was fine on the live feed. (Though I agree that if they advertise a "free preview," they should make sure the sound works.)
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I bought it after I tried to view the free 20 minutes and couldn't.

Timeline:
6:55 start watching
7:00 wait for the sound to come on as I'm looking at a banner which says "FREE PREVIEW First 20 minutes until 7:20pm EST"
7:05 Realize that the sound isn't going to come on.
7:06 Buy the lecture
7:10 Get the confirmation with the link to watch the lecture. I actually had some issues with the sound, but closing and going back in fixed that.

I have a LOT of Dan's work, like it a lot, so was likely going to buy this anyway.

Some history - the past few weeks, I didn't know some of the performers, wanted to look at the 20 minutes to decide whether or not to purchase the lecture. I wasn't able to see the lecture while looking at a banner telling me I was going to get 20 free minutes, so wound up just not buying them, and being annoyed. The first week, messages to the twitter account, and a message posted in the thread about the live performance went unanswered. The second week, I got an answer saying that it is up to the performer whether or not to give the free 20 minutes. I presumed after getting responses a week later than I should, that issues with advertising the free 20 minutes would have been fixed.

As I said in the other thread where I complained about this, I have no issue with not having the free 20 minutes. I have an issue with false / misleading advertising which is far too prevalent and tolerated or even accepted as normal in the magic industry. I know this seems like a minor infraction compared to some things which go on, like demos which outright lie and show a performance which can't actually be done once you get the trick, but it's the one that's currently bothering me, so it's the one about which I’m venting.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Fantastic lecture Dan! This is the first lecture I seen you do and I loved it. I have watched some of your older VHS tapes but what a treat this lecture was.

Ryan
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Ryan--
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I tipped quite a few things that would probably be talked about more if I hadn't slipped them by on a Wednesday night! I guess it's hard for me to resist my magician's nature to hide the good stuff! That being said, I do hope that more people discover what I did as time goes by.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
I did your all seeing eye effect on my fiancé, who after 10 years of seeing my effects has seen enough. But after convincer her this one was different it blew her mind. I haven't seen her be that amazed in so long. That trick alone was worth it but you gave away so much more.

And I agree that watching you perform was also a great learning treat.

Thanks again!

Ryan
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I'm 63 so I like to challenge my memory. Let me see if I can remember what you performed without rechecking.

By the way, it was a fantastic lecture. And one you had to put together at the past minute.

Any Card at Any Number.
Restored Rubber Band .
Shrinking Rubber Band.
Snorting Rubber Band.
Linking Colored Rubber Bands.
Bill Penetration Through Rubber Band.
Out of The World.
Paper Match Restore.
Two Card Triumph.
Business Card Peek.
Two Bottom Deal Routines - one based on a Vernon routine.
And believe you performed your marketed necklace routine (which I must get!) and Stashed (which I have.)

You didn't explain the torn and restored match or your last effect, the impossible location.

How'd I do? Bet I'm close on this. Just don't ask me what I had for breakfast yesterday. I really can't remember.

Later,

D

P.S. You also explained the reasons behind your "interesting" look. You are a clever man.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Moved our discussion to a more specific thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0
Clever and Savvy.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live schedule? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL