The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mnemonic Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hi there I'm in the middle of learning the pegs and I'm changing some to fit things I prefer.

Have any of you got any good alternatives for 88? The usual peg is Fife which I don't really like but all I can come up with is Five and Fave...

Any Suggestions? Thanks...
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
Some suggestions from pseudonumerology.com...

Fauve
fief
Fifi
half-heavy
half-off
heave off
hoof off
huff off
huff-huffy
if-iffy
oof-oofy
viva
wave off
woof-woof
woof-woof-y

It is an unusual number to mnemonify...

Gregg Tobo
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Thanks for the suggestions Gregg, Fifi looks like the best option to me, picturing a poodle I guess...

Out of curiosity what do you use?
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
I went with "fife" (envisioning the fife player from the classic American Revolution-themed painting, "The Spirit of '76").

At the time, I couldn't think of anything better -- now I'm stuck with it.

Gregg
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hey I guess I could use Fifa and think of football.

Thanks again for the info Gregg
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Seth, I don't know if you're a fan of the old "Andy Griffith Show", but Barney's last name was Fife. You could link the item to be remembered to be in Barney's shirt pocket. You know - the one where he kept his only bullet.

Tate - lives near Raleigh, NC and every time I drive by the YMCA, I look up and wonder which window indicates the room Barney would stay in when he visited Raleigh.
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Remember that when you are creating "anchor" mnemonics, you can use whatever you want.

88 could be FLUFF.

Yes, I know that breaks the rules, but if you think of a huge ball of fluff your mind will know that it is a rule to be broken and get you to the same destination.

It's your brain. You make the rules! Smile

Blair

FREE Newsletter:www.Mental-List.com
Stuart Cumberland
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Like the band Foo-Fighters...if not, even better LOL

John
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Seth: I like five! Why not visualize a hand slap as in "gimme five!". Along with an exagerated sound ofthe slap! It works for me!
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
I thought about Fluff for a sec but I don't know if I might get confused later...

Hey JohnE, that's a great idea, using the peg FF and thinking of the foo fighters!

Shrink, that's another great idea, I discounted it at first cause I was thinking of visualising the number 5, but a high five sounds great!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Tate:

Love yer idea of putting the object in Deputy Fife's pocket!

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mnemonic Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL