The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » It's time for a new Tenyo Elite item! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thank you for all this information Peter - I do realize it's not easy to choose an item, get approval from Tenyo and produce it.

I agree with meridianfan and pierredan, pre-order sales gives an idea of how many you can produce and be certain they will sell. But it's all up to you guys of course Smile

I'm really looking forward to this item - I have the Elite Fortune Sticks and they are top quality, so we certainly can't go wrong with the quality of your tricks. Now the trick itself of course ... Smile

Kind regards
David
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I like the Pre-Order Idea as well for you guy's Peter. I think that would be a Win-Win for both those of us who really want and collect this stuff to be able to get one (depending on the effect you are going to make of-course)and you who will then have a very good idea on how many to make. I don't see how that would be a bad thing for anyone unless I am missing something? Hope you all consider it and thanks for doing what you do with Tenyo Elite.

Charlie
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
A second-hand, used Ultra Tube has just sold on ebaY for £190! Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Hope that an Elite Ultra Tube is on the table! Pre-order +1
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Elite Ultra Tube for me too! That's now a Pre-Order of +2 for you Peter.

Charlie
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Peter

Do you have any time frame on when a new elite item will hit the market? If there are a few past Tenyo releases up for consideration, would taking a poll here help with the decision?
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
So many really good items to choose from and a fair amount of stinkers too
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
One can only hope that it will be the Tenyo Lion (T-241) as it's so generic and something that everyone can connect with. However, if it should by chance happen to be Ultra-Tube, whether it be made of metal or wood, just be sure that the name "Ultra-Tube" is stamped on the side of it.

Only joking of course. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Mr. Peter Loughran,

IMO you should try to improve on the Tenyo trick, not just make the same trick out of a different material.

If it is an Ultra Tube you are working on then please try and have it made with a locking gimmick.

Future Sticks is a fantastic trick but very hard to perform do to the difficulty of seeing the gimmick. I think this trick would be more successful if it was placed into a container/case with a peak device.

For Moon Spinner the optical illusion works well, but the transition to a static coin is not good. If the coin could slowly spin down that would make it more convincing. Easier said than done, but something that is possible and would truly make a remarkable trick.

Also I think a focus group of Tenyo enthusiast would be a good idea for future products. There are a lot of talented people who hang around the Tenyo of Japan section of the Café and I think they would enjoy the opportunity to help create a Tenyo Elite product. I know I would. I think you could get a good handle on pricing too from the focus group. IMO the first two releases were too expensive for what they were. I have bought over 500 Tenyo in the past year but never even considered purchasing the Tenyo Elite items.

Best of Luck with your Future Endeavors
John Mazza
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi John,

We cannot make any improvements or changes to the prop in its working without concent from Tenyo. And in all honesty, I don't blame Tenyo, these tricks are their children, and I too would want to give permission before someone took one of my inventions and started making changes to it. But we are certainly open to suggestions that we may suggest to Tenyo themselves during the design process of an Elite item, but we cannot guarantee that there will be changes to the overall design or workings of the prop, as it is up to Tenyo to decide that. But again we welcome suggestions on any Tenyo trick.

We are not saying at this time which Tenyo Item we are working on.

Forutne Sticks has already been released, we will not be making changes to existing Tenyo Elite items.

For Moonspinner please see above.

This forum acts as a focus group, we love and encourge folks to come here and talk about Tenyo Elite. However just keep in mind that as we have stated numerous times, it is not just up to the Elite team to make these decisions. Ulitmately Tenyo themselves has the last say in any of our re-productions.

Tenyo Elite items will also be substantially more money then the original plastic versions. For one, not only do they cost a lot more to manufacture that it would be impossible to compete with the retail price of the plastic versions, but it is also in our contract with Tenyo that the Elite editions will be in a higher price bracket so they do not compete with their original plastic versions. And who can blame them.

I have tried to address your questions and suggestions the best that I could.

Thanks for the interest and suggestions.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Peter,

Thank you for taking time to respond to my posting.

After reading through this thread again I am guessing that your new business model might be very similar to Magic Wagon’s.

I personally was hoping for something more exciting as far as performing is concerned rather than collecting.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Unfortunately, there is no way Tenyo Elite can win here. They have bravely taken on an incredible challenge in that they are recreating the brainchildren of a beloved, and iconic magic giant...Tenyo. There is absolutely no way that everyone will agree with Tenyo Elite's choices of effects to produce, or the materials, or the production techniques employed to manufacture them. Sadly, there is no way to make everyone happy. But, let's look at what Tenyo Elite is really trying to do...take something that we all are fans of, and fond of - Tenyo magic - and elevate it to the next level of quality...making the best better.

Yet most of us on this forum really don't know what Tenyo Elite is up against. There are real concerns here regarding budgets (even someone with a basic knowledge of business will realize this is not a venture driven by profit), production vs. demand, and most importantly, the challenges inherent in dealing with a foreign entity - from both a cultural and legal standpoint. We are talking about a small group of fans, trying to work with a major foreign manufacturer. No easy feat, and certainly nothing that can happen quickly, or easily.

I don't know if I'll be 100% satisfied with the next releases of Tenyo Elite, but I can tell you that I am 100% grateful that they had the vision to make this happen in the first place. It's far more than most of us have done. So I'll give them the support they've earned and deserve.

With Peter behind the project - and knowing the pride he puts into his work - I have faith that Tenyo Elite is in good hands. And good magic in good hands, is a very good thing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
For those of us that don't know, which Tenyo Elite products have been made so far?
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Moonspinner and Fortune Sticks
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Wizard, you hit the nail on the head!

Update, New item is well into prototype stage....ooooh I'm getting excited.

Both the next two planned releases should please a lot of people!

And I can tell you that the next release will be made of wood. I can't wait to hold it my hands!

P
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 11:08, Peter Loughran wrote:
Wizard, you hit the nail on the head!

Update, New item is well into prototype stage....ooooh I'm getting excited.

Both the next two planned releases should please a lot of people!

And I can tell you that the next release will be made of wood. I can't wait to hold it my hands!

P

Perhaps Mini-Morphosis!
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Peter can you tell me if one of these is Ultra Tube before I spend too much for a plastic one? Thank you
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Pierre, Unfortunately I am under contract with my partners not to reveal the items until they are ready to be released.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Thank you Peter

Can you give me an idea of when we can expect an announcement?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

We are hoping to have the prototype for the next item appoved in the next 4-8 weeks. Then we can make the announcement, go into produciton, and take orders for the limited run.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » It's time for a new Tenyo Elite item! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL