The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Vase Routines (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Looking for any books or dvds that might have ball vase or passé passé routine ideas. If anyone can give me some leads, it would be appreciated.

Thanks CHRIS
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I think Michael Skinner does a good routine on one of his dvd's ?
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That same routine was just (re)published in the Nov-Dec double issue of Genii.

Also, Jim Riser was making sets for the Mike Gallo routine (ungimmicked), although I don't know where that routine is published.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Charlie Frye in his DVD Eccentricks 3 explains some interesting and novel routines with the Ball Vase.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1493

The Eccentricks material is also available in a book (if you prefer) by the same title from Charlie Frye's web site.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
The Mike Gallo is on a DVD along with a couple of coin effects.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Thank you very much gentlemen.

CHRIS
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Duraty has a book ready for publishing with H&R including a ball and vase routine with a liquisd finish
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I've got a routine with the plastic ball and vase that features a new move or two, as far as I know. It's supposed to appear in Genii someday, so if someone would just stalk David Acer relentlessly, we should see it. Spoiler: you'll need the ball and vase, an orange plastic snap purse, and a glass eye.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Well, Curtis, that sounds interesting. I'd love to see it.

Mark
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Me too
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Marlo has some work on it as well.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Now since we have moves to let the ball fall from the vase when it actually stays in it, I worked at stealing the ball when covering the vase with it's cover. With some vase where the ball is not too deep in the vase, it's pretty easy. It is also easy to sneak a ball in as the cover is lifted.
All of this to say that we are not at the end of the Ball and Vase potential both in terms of methods and in terms of effects
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Quote:
On 2012-12-05 07:12, Michael Baker wrote:

Also, Jim Riser was making sets for the Mike Gallo routine (ungimmicked), although I don't know where that routine is published.

The Gallo routine can be found in the November 1983 issue of Richards' Almanac (Issue 15). More easily found now in The Collected Almanac.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Here is a list of Ball Vase routines I've tracked down. This list was included with my Olive Bottle (a bottle shaped ball vase) which was produced by RNTII.

Fox, Karrell, “The Dwarf’s Bowling Trophy”, Clever…like a Fox by Karrell Fox (Supreme Magic Co. 1976), pp. 42-44.

Gallo, Mike, “i.e., Ball and Vase”, Richard’s Almanac by Richard Kaufman (Richard Kaufman 1983), November 1983 Issue 15, pp. 141-142.

Howie, John, “Ball Box Routine”, The Linking Ring by John Howie (The International Brotherhood of Magicians 1965), December 1965 Volume 45 No. 12, pp. 85-90.

Hurley, Roland, “Notes on the Vase”, The Hierophant by Jon Racherbaumer (Jon Racherbaumer 1969), Winter 1969 Number 2, p. 77.

Kingston, Charles, “Charles Kingston’s Ball and Vase Routine”, The Gen by Lewis Ganson (Harry Stanley 1956), September 1956 Volume 12 Number 5, pp. 105-108.

Mardo, Senor, “The Ball and Vase”, White Sorcery by Senor Mardo (Morcom’s House of Novelties 1951), p.15.

Marlo, Edward, “Duplex Ball and Vase”, Arcade Dreams by Jon Racherbaumer and Edward Marlo (Kaufman and Company 1997), pp. 74-76.

Marlo, Edward, “Marlo’s Pitch Routine”, The Hierophant by Jon Racherbaumer (Jon Racherbaumer 1969), Winter 1969 Number 2, p. 78.

Osbourn, Tom, “The Cup and Ball Vase”, Cups and Balls Magic by Tom Osbourn (Kanter’s Magic shop 1937), pp. 54-55.

Peterson, Allan, “Peterson’s Ball Box Routine”, The Magic Wand by Allan Peterson (The Magic Wand Publishing Co. 1952), June 1952 No. 234 Vol. XLI, pp. 88-91.

Skinner, Michael, “Bewildering Ball Vase”, Genii by Michael Skinner (William W. Larsen, Jr. 1969), December 1969 Volume 34 No.4, pp.183-185.

Skinner, Michael , “Bewildering Ball Vase”, Michael Skinner’s Intimate Magic by Jeff Busby (Jeff Busby Magic, Inc. 1982), pp. 15-22.

Spill, Steve, “A touch of Salt”, The Spill Bar and Grille by Steve Spill (Paul Diamond Gems of Magic Series 5, 1980), pp. 51-52.

Tarbell, Harlan, “Tarbell’s Ball and Vase Routine”, Tarbell Course in Magic Vol. 8 by Dr. Harlan Tarbell (D. Robbins & Co., Inc. 1993), pp. 232-234.

Victor, Edward, “Have you a Ball Vase?”, The Magic of Edward Victor’s Hands by Rae Hammond (Kaufman and Greenberg 1995), pp. 134-135.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Excellent list.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Great research and well detailed, thanks for sharing your work
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 02:43, Curtis Kam wrote:
. Spoiler: you'll need the ball and vase, an orange plastic snap purse, and a glass eye.

Crap! I just sold my glass eye to get a new set of Sherwood cups!
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Mitch...amazing list! I'm currently working on an italian essay on cups and balls & similar items and your list will be really helpful to my research! Well done!
DCURTHRABE
View Profile
New user
Burbank, IL
78 Posts

Profile of DCURTHRABE
Mr Kam's routine appears in the March 2013 issue of "MAGIC" magazine.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I have a nice Ball Vase from James Riser, but don't forget Eric Hanson. Eric makes a lot of nice stuff from all sorts of wood and I have a really nice ball vase made out of birds eye maple from him. At his web site http://www.magicnook.com/EricHansen/EricHansen.htm you can also get the Routine for Hansen's Egg Cup by Professor Spellbinder for $5. All though it says Egg cup I believe it also does regular ball vase. Trust me, Eric does very nice work, I love the ball vase from him and my two very unique chop cups that I believe handles chop balls better than my other chop cups.

The only thing about Eric Hanson's Ball&Vase was that it did not come with balls, so I ended up buying crochet balls from RNT-2.

Check out Eric Hanson's stuff and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Have fun folks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Vase Routines (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL