The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magnets and shims...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Does anyone have a good source for very thin magnets - that is as thin as a shim to go in a [ ? doesn't have to be super strong - just thin also thin magnets and shims that could be used to make magnetic and shimmed playing cards. I have a card spliter setup to make these if I can find the materials. Not a lot of luck on google and not sure what shim stock (I have seen this on ebay) I would need to get as to thickness or what type metal would be magnetic. Thanks for any leads
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
You might try this guy - seems to have every magnet ever made:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/categories.as......odCyMAoQ

Stuart
Stuart Foreman
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I think you'll find that it's hardly worth using a very thin magnet even if you can get one - it will be so weakly magnetic that you may as well use steel shim and have the magnet somewhere else.
Jolyon Jenkins
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a NGF flipper with a magnet in the flip part it will hold to 1 shell but I have a super exp shell that wont hold in the set with a shim in it so I want to try a thin magnet.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
This is my go too guy for anything to do with magnets and magic. Not only does he specialize in magnets but has some knowledge of magic methods. Good source of PK rings.
https://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
I don't have a NGF flipper, so I'm wondering, can the magnet be removed and replaced with a stronger one? or maybe it's embedded inside the coin where it can't be removed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magnets and shims...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL