The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Chasing a big company for payment,has this ever happened to you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Just wondering if anyone has ever been shocked that a big known company stiffed you on a payment of supplies you had shipped to them? I have been chasing a huge company for payment for 5 months and they don't seem to care that they are selling the product on their site and still no payment. Not to mention they had me make some other items, which I did and when I said they were ready, no reply.

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3231 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Maybe a phone call? "Who do I talk to regarding Accounts Payable?" That usually triggers events.

You've chased them. Have you invoiced them? A professional looking invoice often gets results.

Those two actions have helped me in the past.

Good luck!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I have sent 6 invoice via paypal. My company supply's gaff cards to several of the top North American sites, as well as Japan and Europe. I can see chasing a small brick and mortar should but on of the biggest companies in North American?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22360 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, the bigger the company, the longer you will have to wait for your money. I worked for an industrial company that sold wire to GM. Well, GM only paid their invoices on a certain month of the year, according to the alphabet letter in a name. So most invoices were only paid on a yearly basis.

As suggested, call the company, you may be on the phone for a couple hours, talk to Accounts Payable. Find out when you are scheduled to be paid. Don't surprised if they will only discuss one question, as in the GM instance, they only handled one question per call. If you had a 2nd question, you had to call back, and they would hang up on you.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I deal directly with the owner and the phone number doesn't work from Canada. Also all the email addresses have been contacted lol

J
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Do you have a contract?
If you have all the info on your terms and conditions and they aren't following them,then they're
in breach of contract and you're able to take action.
If you've no contract,then you've just learn't a harsh lesson.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Just contact a company that will buy your receivables. I do it all the time, it's super easy, and it works...but you may only get 85% of your revenues, as the receivables company will take a cut of the proceeds.

Regards,
Mike
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I have contacted their comp and they are willing to sell the other companys card gaffs in that companies specific stock. This should be interesting.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Just wish companies would be as trust worthy as Theory 11 and Murphy's....... such a pain in the arse seeing your product selling on the offenders web site with out payment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Chasing a big company for payment,has this ever happened to you? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL