The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver ' hands of las vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10697 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Evan does the best impersonation of Mickey , I wish he would put up a demo Even Mickey will get as chuckle
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Mickey does a great job with people. Imagine that Tommy Downs story but as a good thing. I've seen him engage a small group at a table just as well as a group in a room, never mind a hall full of magicians.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
LOL Vinny maybe someday soon! Thanks for the compliment old friend.

Jon: one of my most pleasant memories was of Mickey doing his coin through window surrounded, at the Bellagio in Vegas. Here is a clip of him performing some effects (the coin through window is the last effect). I agree, the audience management skills are out of this world.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/multimedia......magician

Evan
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Man, Mickey never ceases to amaze me.
His work is so inspiring, fluid, and fresh, never stale and boring.
Thanks for this excellent article and vid Evan.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks for the video footege evan.
I love the coin production.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4933 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
That slot machine is off the hook
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8624 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great video and article, Evan. Smile I never get tired of seeing Mickey do his thing and the section in the piece titled, "A Baffling Talent" is just spot on. Now, it's funny you never hear the big boys refer to Mickey as such, that sentiment is just from everyone else. Go figure!

And JT, I too remember being with Mickey some years ago now at a Magic Convention in NJ, having coffee in the restaurant there...Come to think of it, it was a young Eric Jones that pointed him out to me. Smile When we we're drinking our coffee, a guy happened by and recognized him, and asked him to do something and man did he ever. Smile

In a minute, everyone in the restaurant was delivering oohs and ahhs as coins were vanishing and appearing from everywhere. Everyone was watching Mickey all about us, as we were completely surrounded - that's how good this guy is. Smile While it was happening, I stopped watching Mickey and began watching everyone else there, and what I saw was his absolute captivation of every single person. I believe Mystre here on this forum was there as well, and even the great David Roth was in the building that day somewhere.

As a comparison, back in the convention, it could hardly compare to what Mickey had done in that restaurant. There was great appreciation for all the great magicians in the convention but in the restaurant there was pure amazement and wonderment, it was real magic. Smile

Mickey and I have been good friends ever since, and I have watched him go from those moments near a hotel off Rte. 17 to around the world with his magic, not as any disciple of anyone else but uniquely as himself, and it has made all the difference in the world as no one else that I've seen is Mickey Silver. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Wow, those videos are incredible. What a fantastic personality he has too! Smile

best
Sean
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
He is always just soooo much fun to watch!

He puts a smile on you everytime, and that's what its all about.

Chuck
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I find that Mickey Silver is entertaining as Luis Piedrahita in Spain, both are creative and fun to watch.
Leo61
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Leo61
He's definitively unique, which I really like. You could just see his hands moving and know it was him in a second.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
730 Posts

Profile of dduane
Mickey is the reason I do coin magic now. He's from my area, but is in Vegas mostly now. Seeing him in person is more amazing than the videos. I just wish he were performing more in my area. He loves to inspire others to think more about the elements of there performance.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
To the practice table- gotta learn that appearance move...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2012-12-05 14:40, vinsmagic wrote:
Once again Mickey shows why he is the greatest coin worker on the planet/
of course I would have to include Mano in that sentance
VINNY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo5qFz9nVSM
Awesome ,thanks Vinny for sharing .Mickey is the best !!!!!!!!
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
I really liked the video, the trick is just awesome, so I decided to show it to my non magic friends (they already know the basics after watching me for almost 3 years)
I showed the video for 3 different people, each of them saw the video once, and all of them knew how it was done.
In the second he did the moves (putting coins and showing they are really there) they told me what happened.
Is it just bad luck? or is this routine is really that obvious even to lay people?
the trick was really good, and my friends are certainly closer to lay audience than to magicians
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
I love it !
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Interesting Statement: Tkuiveuxo- Them being your friends and all, ask them to explain to you in detail how it was done and then tell us here on a post what they said , Thanks , Also you can tell us in your own words exactly how you think it was done ( If you don’t mind, as many would like to hear your friends and your thoughts including me, thanks tkuiveuxo…………………… "No secret session needed"

A most interestesting sleight of hand routine that did not fool anyone in your company. We would love to hear the reasons why no one was fooled and how they all new exactly how it was done. This will be interesting. Especially them all being non magicians!!

Thanks

MICKEY SILVER- “HANDS OF LAS VEGAS".
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I can't wait to hear this too mickey.
mickey your just awesome buddy.most could not practice
in a lifetime and do what you do.which is [MAGIC] my friend.
todd
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8624 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-12-19 11:59, tkuiveuxo wrote:
I really liked the video, the trick is just awesome, so I decided to show it to my non magic friends (they already know the basics after watching me for almost 3 years)
I showed the video for 3 different people, each of them saw the video once, and all of them knew how it was done.
In the second he did the moves (putting coins and showing they are really there) they told me what happened.
Is it just bad luck? or is this routine is really that obvious even to lay people?
the trick was really good, and my friends are certainly closer to lay audience than to magicians

Y'know, I knew this all sounded sorta strange??? Looks like we caught ourselves an interloper.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10697 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Tkuiveuxo, not even Magicians know what Mickey is doing if they did you would see all of tbhem performing his SUV
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver ' hands of las vegas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL