The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 12:23, mastermindreader wrote:

Payne-

I'm glad you added that last qualifier. I have lived near Seattle for just about twenty-five years now and it is indeed a great place to live. Eastern Washington is, however, like a completely different state. Fortunately, there are more voters in the western half.

I had to add the qualifier as I was born and grew up in Eastern Washington. So I know first hand what the unenlightened part of the state looks like Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"I haven't looked at data, but everything I'd heard suggested far fewer raids on medicinal marijuana dispensaries under Obama than Bush."

I'm not sure about that. Obama actually put a lot of "legal" medical marijuana businesses in California OUT of business about a year ago. I know a guy who consulted with these firms to help with their marketing and his customers literally went away over night.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I imagine the Seattle food trucks made good money in the early hours this morning.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 14:05, Al Angello wrote:
Critter
Did you by any chance hear that there was an election last month, and Marijuana was decriminalized in two states? So I fail to see any relevancy in your post.

1. My post was a direct response to something Lobo said about the current administration.

2. We've had medicinal marijuana legal in Washington (where I live- see it under my pic, one of those two states) for years, and we still sometimes get raids on the dispensaries by the Feds.

1+2= Relevancy.

Time for kippers!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Slide, I'm not sure either. I'd be interested in the data just out of curiousity. It's just what I've heard. Unfortunately I've no time to research it at the moment.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 13:31, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
The $500,000,000 figure is what the figure predicted by the Washington state officials that they expect to earn from taxing pot. If you disagree with them I guess you have better info than they do. When the DEA mounts the attack on pot use in Washington, and Colorado there won't be enough jail cells to hold the federal law breakers.

BTW
Both states are negotiating a hands off policy with the attorney generals office. Do you really want to go down with this ship?????

I don't know about better info, but they're not releasing "info," are they? They're speculating, and I bet I speculate better than they do. You don't have to fill the prisons to step on a revenue stream; you just have to go after a few of the big sellers. I guess we'll see how that "hand off " thing goes, but I'll see you in a year on the 500 million.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A Washington state official said an estimated $500,000,000 in additional taxes in 2013 on CNN about 8:00 am this morning. I'm not stupid enough to try to bluff you.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I will see your half a billion and raise it a billion. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Washington's new law decriminalizes possession of up to an ounce for those over 21, but for now selling marijuana remains illegal. I-502 gives the state a year to come up with a system of state-licensed growers, processors and retail stores, with the marijuana taxed 25 percent at each stage. Analysts have estimated that a legal pot market could bring Washington hundreds of millions of dollars a year in new tax revenue for schools, health care and basic government functions.
"

From Huffingtonpost.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 16:21, Al Angello wrote:
A Washington state official said an estimated $500,000,000 in additional taxes in 2013 on CNN about 8:00 am this morning. I'm not stupid enough to try to bluff you.

I believe you, Al. I just don't believe the official.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 08:23, Al Angello wrote:
With that kind of money to be had there will be lots of domino's fall in 2013, and the DEA will all have to go out and get real jobs. LOL

Was this written in jest? You realize the DEA does a lot more than bust people for weed, right?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 15:01, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I imagine the Seattle food trucks made good money in the early hours this morning.

I know I kept a couple of pizza drivers busy!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
What are you on, free range or Monsanto genetically engineered marijuana?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Andrew
The DEA is a government agency looking for a reason to exist. The FBI was failing at the war on drugs just fine, but now we have DEA failing just as bad as the FBI failed but now failing is costing us a lot more money. Give federal investigating back to the FBI.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I used live to live next door to a cop and he liked a smoke and they say they get the best. I guess the DEA boys would make the best dealers if they leave and get real jobs, after all they should have all the expertise and connections.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tommy
That is also an old line from a Chevy Chase movie.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I don't smoke it myself but the cop used to offer it to me over the garden fence. He was a nice fellow as it happens. Most people or least a lot I know have a smoke and I am an exception. Too much of anything can be bad for you and I would not encourage any one to start. I have seen kids get into debt with it and so on. There is a price to pay for every pleasure as they say. I have seen it alter many for the worse in there ways. I think only none smokers of it can see harm it does and there is telling people who smoke it that its doing them no good. I have seen it ruin peoples lives. However I would vote for it to be legal, I think, but I know it's not a good thing to take. So take my advise and do as you please. Smile

Tommy
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 19:19, Al Angello wrote:
Andrew
The DEA is a government agency looking for a reason to exist. The FBI was failing at the war on drugs just fine, but now we have DEA failing just as bad as the FBI failed but now failing is costing us a lot more money. Give federal investigating back to the FBI.

That makes as much sense as having metropolitan police departments get rid of their narcotics departments and turn everything they do over to another department.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When we no longer smuggle pot into our country the DEA will have lots of agents standing around with their hands in their pockets.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
So, all DEA agents do is bust pot smgglers, street level dealers and the mediocre citizens puffing away. Interesting. I had it wrong all these years.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL