We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
So when is Obama going to pardon all the pot heads in prison?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 12:27, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 10:10, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


The black market makes money off of cocaine in its various forms as well crank and heroin. So, should we just legalize them as well? Why stop at narcotics? Why not completely legalize prostitution? I mean after all every body likes to get a lil bit, so why stop at prostitution, why not just legalize rape? Afterall, everybody has sex? Why just let the blackmarket make a profit off of the sex trade, we'll just tax it. Why not just take the 2nd amendment to its full potential and allow everyone to own anything that can be fired from the shoulder? Why should the balck market arms dealers make a profit off of stinger missile systems? Let's allow anyone at a gun show to sell them and just tax them. Why should only contract killers make money off of murder for hire? Let's legalize it and tax them.

But, in all honesty, I do see your point. Legalize drugs, or at least marijuana, and the murder rate, burglary rate, assault, and theft rate will magically drop. WOW all it took was a few magicians sitting in front of their computers, typing and toking away, to figure out and solve all the world's problems.

Peace and Godspeed.


Legalize Marijuana since it is no more dangerous than the now legal drugs (alcohol & tobbaco) and decriminalize ALL drugs and treat it as a medical problem AND take the profit out of the black market.

Prostitution should be legal and taxed and regular medical exams for all prostitutes. Making it safer and take the profit away from the black market.

Rape is a violent crime against individuals (deprives them of their freedoms) and should be illegal and heavy penalty.

Guns, Yes but not fully automatic weapons and heavy equipment ie: flamethrower's, grenade launcher's etc... Guns for hunting game and target practice and self protection.

Your argument is very radical and silly. Apples & Oranges.
Iven Smile


And you're an idiot.

You have never seen the affects of prostitution or drug usage, even marijuana, up close, except toking away in your house or dorm room. You've never taken a walk on the bad side of town. And I don't mean just passing by or through the first couple of streets. I mean walking eyeball deep in hell. People talk about a zombie apocalypse, then screw your courage to its sticking place and go into the areas of town where white people are scared to go and you will see the walking dead. Legalizing it does not mean the low life players involved now are going to take a back seat, they will just have carte blanche to legally do what they are already doing.

I was a gang officer. Our unit was trained by LAPD CRASH. I am pretty sure I can arrange for you to take a ride along with them. I can personally take you into parts of New Orleans and Atlanta where there is a SWAT team on constant call just in case the police need help. I can take you to places where the fire department and emt personnel will refuse to go until the police have cordoned off the area.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"And you're an idiot"

"peace and godspeed."

I guess the words peace and godspeed have different meanings when you are big tough "gang officer".
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Boy comparing smoking a joint to murder is just the kind of BIZZARO talk that made it illegal in the first place 80 years ago. Dreadnought what the hell are you smoking?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Prove to me I am wrong. I've seen the affects. I have seen people in need of pot break into a persons house and steal just to get stuff. I have seen people shot and killed over the stuff. I guarantee you, those who are part of the problem now, will not bow out peacefully, just because it is now legal.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 12:50, Slide wrote:
"And you're an idiot"

"peace and godspeed."

I guess the words peace and godspeed have different meanings when you are big tough "gang officer".


You're welcome.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
" I have seen people in need of pot break into a persons house and steal just to get stuff."

must have been some *** good stuff. Smile

In prohibition we learned the simple fact that you can't legislate against 99% of people who have no problem with alcohol in order to protect society from the 1% that do. No one is saying that a person hasn't abused pot, just like alcohol. You can't protect the world from all danger. But to try and legislate against something that 99% of people don't have any problems with is wrong and unenforceable.

The fact that your experience is informed by your work as a "gang officer" disqualifies you since ALL you see is the worst case scenario.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
For a God fearing man you sure know a lot of scum bags.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 13:17, Al Angello wrote:
For a God fearing man you sure know a lot of scum bags.


You're welcome.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Was anyone thanking you?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 13:16, Slide wrote:
" I have seen people in need of pot break into a persons house and steal just to get stuff."

must have been some *** good stuff. Smile

In prohibition we learned the simple fact that you can't legislate against 99% of people who have no problem with alcohol in order to protect society from the 1% that do. No one is saying that a person hasn't abused pot, just like alcohol. You can't protect the world from all danger. But to try and legislate against something that 99% of people don't have any problems with is wrong and unenforceable.

The fact that your experience is informed by your work as a "gang officer" disqualifies you since ALL you see is the worst case scenario.


So the answer is to legalize it. Again why not leaglize all bad habits. And I don't think my experience disqualifies me. And what would be the greatest case scenario? Our youth start smoking legalized weed, injecting legalized heroin and all of sudden their science and math scores shoot through the roof?

As far as the 98% of the people go, that 98% is too stoned or blind to see the real problem.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 13:23, Slide wrote:
Was anyone thanking you?


You did.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Yes, like alcohol, the answer is to legalize it.

You must know some gang officers on the take. Should we make "gang officers" illegal because a percentage of you are corrupt?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"You did."

I thought so...you have a READING COMPREHENSION issue.

Perhaps you are dyslexic? Have you been treated? I hear a good hit of pot works wonders for dyslexia
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
No, legalization is not the answer. Because I ask you, where does one draw the line on the legalization of vice and other criminal activity?

No,being "On the take" is criminalized.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us.

What, exactly, is the law of supply and demand?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Ah, so maybe we should just make it illegal to do something criminal while high on pot and leave the rest of the law abiding citizens alone.

You can't legislate against vices. Why do you think all vices should be illegal?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 13:27, Slide wrote:
"You did."

I thought so...you have a READING COMPREHENSION issue.

Perhaps you are dyslexic? Have you been treated? I hear a good hit of pot works wonders for dyslexia


As a fact, I am dyslexic. But my reading comprehension scores are well above average. I told you thank you because you called me, "The tough gang officer." While I am not at all big, I was pretty "Tough." Considering I was attached to the outlaw biker section. But my real reason for telling you wou're welcome, was because I just took it as you thanking me for going places and dealing with people you are to scared to go into and deal with.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Should we outlaw Catholic Priests? Seems a lot of them have a few vices.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Considering I was attached to the outlaw biker section. But my real reason for telling you wou're welcome, was because I just took it as you thanking me for going places and dealing with people you are to scared to go into and deal with. "

See that would be you not comprehending again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL