We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
If they can't find a good reason to make it illegal that is as close as you are going to get to a declaration of pot being a totally harmless medicinal herb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Gay pot smoking peace loving killers make ideal citizens. Hail the chief!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:23, Al Angello wrote:
If they can't find a good reason to make it illegal that is as close as you are going to get to a declaration of pot being a totally harmless medicinal herb.

So, in short, they haven't declared it completely harmless.

Got it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:23, Al Angello wrote:

And yet, you've pointed out many times the harmful effects of tobacco and alcohol, which by your logic have been declared "completely harmless" in 50 states.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:19, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:04, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 21:00, Al Angello wrote:
Rockwall
They have declared marijuana completely harmless in two states so far.

Saying things like this doesn't really advance the claim that it doesn't impair your ability to think rationally.

LOL. Best response yet Lobo. Gave me a good laugh.

I guess we do agree on some things after all!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
What does completely harmless mean when as Bat Masterson said 'There are more ways to kill a dog than by choking him to death with a piece of custard pie.'
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 06:30, irossall wrote:
I would still like to hear a solution to the Marijuana "Problem" from those who are against it. All I hear is how bad it is and no body should do it and it should be illegal. Well, it is illegal and thousands if not millions are doing it. Anyone have a plan, an idea of how to stop the use of this evil weed? I would like to hear a solution, not just stories.
Iven Smile

Personally, I'm not against it. People do all sorts of things that are illegal, and lots of people do most of them. The fact that thousands if not millions of people smoke pot isn't much of an argument against it. One could just as easily say, "hundreds of thousands of people commit burglaries, so what's the solution to burglary? Criminalization isn't working. We should make it legal." And so on.

The question is whether fewer people smoke pot than would if it were legal, and the answer is certainly yes, which means that the illegality of pot does, to an extent, mitigate its harmful effects. It's hard for me to picture a rational, informed, intellectually honest person taking the other side of that one.

The further question is whether the (my) answer to the above question is enough justification for it to be illegal, and in my opinion, the answer to that one is no, and it's not very close.

But if one wants to do anything other than preach to the choir, one needs some sort of credibility with open minded people, and one doesn't get any credibility by asserting that there are no cons to legalization. Of course there are. It's pretty pointless to argue that one. On the other hand, I think it's pretty easy, and potentially quite useful, to argue that the pros outweigh the cons.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 23:17, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:19, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 22:04, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 21:00, Al Angello wrote:
Rockwall
They have declared marijuana completely harmless in two states so far.

Saying things like this doesn't really advance the claim that it doesn't impair your ability to think rationally.

LOL. Best response yet Lobo. Gave me a good laugh.

I guess we do agree on some things after all!

You guys are too kind to me for taking a chip shot.

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tommy
"Completely harmless" means that after over 80 years of spending multi millions of dollars in thousands of research projects to find evidence to prove that pot is bad for you all of the research has failed terribly. So the best cop out the losers of this battle can come up with is "smoke at your own risk". That is the definition of "completely harmless" that seems to fit here.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The main argument of those against legalisation appears to be the possible consequences of people smoking the stuff even though it would appear the majority of smokers are law abiding citizens in all other respects. Quite amusing from the country where so many insist the majority of gun owners should not be penalised for the actions of the minority. Bongs don't kill people - people kill people.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
It would appear the majority of rapists are law abiding citizens in all other respects. Smile

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Apples =/= Oranges.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Note: You can make much more awesome pipes out of marshmallows than oranges.

Tommy
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
When the laws against private use by adults possessing small amounts of Marijuana do greater harm than the drug itself, it is time for our laws to change and reflect the real harm done.

Washington has taken a great step in the right direction but still has a way to go to make it more realistic.
I think the best compromise at this point is to amend the law to allow the black market to sell small amounts of Marijuana (under an ounce) to adults, in the privacy of their homes or a non-public place.

Since the Fed's, State and the many people against the legalization AND control of Marijuana insist on keeping the black market in operation and reaping the profits from sales and distribution, this seems to be the best we can do.

As it is now, I can have small amounts in my Home and use it but I will go to jail if I get caught buying it. This makes no sense to me. So let's go on supporting the black market and let's keep throwing people in jail for something the state of Washington say's I can have and use in the privacy of my Home but I can't legaly get access to.
I guess that is the solution?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 10:19, Destiny wrote:
I do not know one person who says 'I don't use it because it's illegal.'

You may not know people who say it, but I bet you know people who do it. There are people for whom it's just a part of the internal calculus.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-10 06:30, irossall wrote:

As it is now, I can have small amounts in my Home and use it but I will go to jail if I get caught buying it. This makes no sense to me.

If it makes you feel any better, you can go to jail for those small amounts in your home, too.

NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I wonder if there's anyone out there who doesn't do it just because it's a rediculously stupid and useless thing to do.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
NicholasD
If it makes you feel any better my 90 year old parents don't understand why these kids today need to have different kind of fun that they did either. Does that make you feel any better grand pop?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2012-12-10 11:00, Al Angello wrote:
NicholasD
If it makes you feel any better my 90 year old parents don't understand why these kids today need to have different kind of fun that they did either. Does that make you feel any better grand pop?

I get it now, this is as harmless as Elvis' gyrating hips. Give me a break!
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
No one will convince anyone to think different.
Those that smoke will do so regardless of laws. Proof is in the pudding as they say.
Those that don't will continue to demonize it. Again proof is in the pudding.

The reasons Al has stated here and on other threads repeatedly that a plant, yes a plant, is illegal are factual. Those reasons have nothing to do with any harm to the user or anyone else.
People getting to know other people that smoke and are leading productive lives changes minds.
People realizing that prohibition is prohibition and it didn't work with booze and it's not working with drugs, ALL DRUGS, will changes minds.
This process takes time and the time is here now in several States.
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL