We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Umm... I don't know all, or exact, information on who was coming down on the California dispensaries....

But... There were some TV shows awhile back on the whole thing, and according to them it wasn't necessarily Obama or the DEA, it was the IRS closing them down.
But then again, that was a TV show... and a reality TV show.
You can't trust any of those any more.

Randi
Image
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 23:06, Al Angello wrote:
When we no longer smuggle pot into our country the DEA will have lots of agents standing around with their hands in their pockets.


Not really. They'll just have more agents available to focus on meth and designer drug manufacturers and distributors, along with cocaine and heroin smugglers.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 23:28, randirain wrote:
Umm... I don't know all, or exact, information on who was coming down on the California dispensaries....

But... There were some TV shows awhile back on the whole thing, and according to them it wasn't necessarily Obama or the DEA, it was the IRS closing them down.
But then again, that was a TV show... and a reality TV show.
You can't trust any of those any more.

Randi


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28......290.html
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bob
Even though pot is a very large part of the DEA's duties, it is good to know that they will be forced to spend our tax money going after real criminals in the future instead of preying on the low hanging fruit.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
So, Al you assumed that pot is only drug out there that the DEA was worried about?

Peace and Godspeed
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


The black market makes money off of cocaine in its various forms as well crank and heroin. So, should we just legalize them as well? Why stop at narcotics? Why not completely legalize prostitution? I mean after all every body likes to get a lil bit, so why stop at prostitution, why not just legalize rape? Afterall, everybody has sex? Why just let the blackmarket make a profit off of the sex trade, we'll just tax it. Why not just take the 2nd amendment to its full potential and allow everyone to own anything that can be fired from the shoulder? Why should the balck market arms dealers make a profit off of stinger missile systems? Let's allow anyone at a gun show to sell them and just tax them. Why should only contract killers make money off of murder for hire? Let's legalize it and tax them.

But, in all honesty, I do see your point. Legalize drugs, or at least marijuana, and the murder rate, burglary rate, assault, and theft rate will magically drop. WOW all it took was a few magicians sitting in front of their computers, typing and toking away, to figure out and solve all the world's problems.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
The real facts are:

1. People will always do heroin as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of heroin, people will still use heroin (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If heroin is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?

..

I guess we won't really be progressive until we legalize all drugs. Wouldn't you agree?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Dang! Dreadnought beat me to it!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When the DEA has to choose between arresting a crack dealer who carries a gun, or arresting a couple college students smoking pot, and playing bongo's in the park they always go after the bongo players over the gun toting heroine dealers. The DEA is more interested in getting publicity, and safe arrests than they are in cleaning up the drug problem. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Brother you need to get out more.

The DEA does not bother with some hippie in the park banging on the bongos and toking on some happy weed. Chances are that was campus police or some local LEA. If the DEA was involved it is because said happy weed toking hippie was part of the bigger picture.

All the DEA agents I knew were involved with outlaw biker gangs, who control the meth trade, or looking into the cartels, not some snot nosed, 18 year old punk or washed up 60 year old hippie reliving the good old days.

Put the happy weed down and breath the fresh air.

Peace and Godspeed
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My friend
This thread is about the decriminalization of pot in Washington state, and changing the subject to crack, heroine, speed is just your attempt to steal the thread. God has nothing to do with this subject.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I'm not thread jacking anything. I'm just responding to you, saying that you are wrong in your assumption on how the DEA works. And I never mentioned God in my argument.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


People will always commit murder, too, but it's probably a good idea that it remain illegal.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 10:10, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


The black market makes money off of cocaine in its various forms as well crank and heroin. So, should we just legalize them as well? Why stop at narcotics? Why not completely legalize prostitution? I mean after all every body likes to get a lil bit, so why stop at prostitution, why not just legalize rape? Afterall, everybody has sex? Why just let the blackmarket make a profit off of the sex trade, we'll just tax it. Why not just take the 2nd amendment to its full potential and allow everyone to own anything that can be fired from the shoulder? Why should the balck market arms dealers make a profit off of stinger missile systems? Let's allow anyone at a gun show to sell them and just tax them. Why should only contract killers make money off of murder for hire? Let's legalize it and tax them.

But, in all honesty, I do see your point. Legalize drugs, or at least marijuana, and the murder rate, burglary rate, assault, and theft rate will magically drop. WOW all it took was a few magicians sitting in front of their computers, typing and toking away, to figure out and solve all the world's problems.

Peace and Godspeed.


Personally, I think legal prostitution is a no-brainer. The distinctions between it and rape & murder are too obvious to warrant elaboration.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
If we are going to legalize one vice, and murder, for some is a vice or a way of life, then we should just legalize it and collect the tax from it, it's not that big of a leap, people are going to do it anyway. And again, if we legalize pot then let's legalize all drugs. Might as people are going to do them anyway. Then that way we don't have to worry about lawyers.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 10:10, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


The black market makes money off of cocaine in its various forms as well crank and heroin. So, should we just legalize them as well? Why stop at narcotics? Why not completely legalize prostitution? I mean after all every body likes to get a lil bit, so why stop at prostitution, why not just legalize rape? Afterall, everybody has sex? Why just let the blackmarket make a profit off of the sex trade, we'll just tax it. Why not just take the 2nd amendment to its full potential and allow everyone to own anything that can be fired from the shoulder? Why should the balck market arms dealers make a profit off of stinger missile systems? Let's allow anyone at a gun show to sell them and just tax them. Why should only contract killers make money off of murder for hire? Let's legalize it and tax them.

But, in all honesty, I do see your point. Legalize drugs, or at least marijuana, and the murder rate, burglary rate, assault, and theft rate will magically drop. WOW all it took was a few magicians sitting in front of their computers, typing and toking away, to figure out and solve all the world's problems.

Peace and Godspeed.


Legalize Marijuana since it is no more dangerous than the now legal drugs (alcohol & tobbaco) and decriminalize ALL drugs and treat it as a medical problem AND take the profit out of the black market.

Prostitution should be legal and taxed and regular medical exams for all prostitutes. Making it safer and take the profit away from the black market.

Rape is a violent crime against individuals (deprives them of their freedoms) and should be illegal and heavy penalty.

Guns, Yes but not fully automatic weapons and heavy equipment ie: flamethrower's, grenade launcher's etc... Guns for hunting game and target practice and self protection.

Your argument is very radical and silly. Apples & Oranges.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 12:24, Dreadnought wrote:
If we are going to legalize one vice, and murder, for some is a vice or a way of life, then we should just legalize it and collect the tax from it, it's not that big of a leap, people are going to do it anyway. And again, if we legalize pot then let's legalize all drugs. Might as people are going to do them anyway. Then that way we don't have to worry about lawyers.

Peace and Godspeed.


I agree that "people are going to do it anyway" is a poor justification for legalization. However, insufficiently justifying why something should be legal doesn't demonstrate that it should be illegal.

On the other hand, we could be just as silly as this post in the other direction. Heroin is bad for you; so is table salt. If we're going to put people in prison for heroin, why not out them in prison for salt?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 12:27, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 10:10, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 06:38, irossall wrote:
The real facts are:

1. People will always smoke pot as long as it is available.

2. No matter what penalty is put upon the user's of pot, people will still smoke pot (death penalty would probably be the exception).

3. The law of supply and demand will always be with us. So the question is, who should make the profit from sales? The Government or the "Black Market"?

4. If pot is so bad a drug (worse than tobbaco or alcohol) does jail cure the problem? or is it better to treat it as a medical problem and render medical help instead of incarceration.

5. The "War on Drugs" has not and is not working!!! Maybe it is time to try something else. What do we have to lose that we are not already losing?
Iven Smile


The black market makes money off of cocaine in its various forms as well crank and heroin. So, should we just legalize them as well? Why stop at narcotics? Why not completely legalize prostitution? I mean after all every body likes to get a lil bit, so why stop at prostitution, why not just legalize rape? Afterall, everybody has sex? Why just let the blackmarket make a profit off of the sex trade, we'll just tax it. Why not just take the 2nd amendment to its full potential and allow everyone to own anything that can be fired from the shoulder? Why should the balck market arms dealers make a profit off of stinger missile systems? Let's allow anyone at a gun show to sell them and just tax them. Why should only contract killers make money off of murder for hire? Let's legalize it and tax them.

But, in all honesty, I do see your point. Legalize drugs, or at least marijuana, and the murder rate, burglary rate, assault, and theft rate will magically drop. WOW all it took was a few magicians sitting in front of their computers, typing and toking away, to figure out and solve all the world's problems.

Peace and Godspeed.


Legalize Marijuana since it is no more dangerous than the now legal drugs (alcohol & tobbaco) and decriminalize ALL drugs and treat it as a medical problem AND take the profit out of the black market.

Prostitution should be legal and taxed and regular medical exams for all prostitutes. Making it safer and take the profit away from the black market.

Rape is a violent crime against individuals (deprives them of their freedoms) and should be illegal and heavy penalty.

Guns, Yes but not fully automatic weapons and heavy equipment ie: flamethrower's, grenade launcher's etc... Guns for hunting game and target practice and self protection.

Your argument is very radical and silly. Apples & Oranges.
Iven Smile



Apples and lawn furniture, I think. Of course, it's not a real argument that Dreadnaught believes in. On thhe other hand, nor are the comparisons reasonable enough to marginalize others' points by way of analogy.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 10:26, Dreadnought wrote:

All the DEA agents I knew were involved with outlaw biker gangs, who control the meth trade, or looking into the cartels, not some snot nosed, 18 year old punk or washed up 60 year old hippie reliving the good old days.

Put the happy weed down and breath the fresh air.

Peace and Godspeed


"Washed up 60 year old hippie"

You truly are a peacful and tolerant person aren't you. We need more people who think the way you do. America would be a real nice place to live Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There was a big party at the Seatle space needle last night » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL