The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I need single firework sounds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Hello,

During the summer, I began working on a fun project for the Fourth of July. Using a program called GameMaker, I made a very simple firework show simulator and released it on July 4th to the public. It's pretty fun to mess around with. For firework sound effects, I downloaded something called Anvil studios. It allowed me to modify existing sound effects to make terrible firework noises. It was good, but not great.

I released the sequel, Firework Bonanza 2, on Memorial Day. It was improved over it's predecessor in multiple ways. However, I still used the old sound effects that I used in the first game.

Now, for December 31st, I am making FB3 which will be GREATLY improved on the previous two in many, many ways. There is a lot more features on this game than the previous two COMBINED. However, I want to upgrade the sound effects to make the game that much better.

If anybody has any suggestions on where I can download sound effects, please reply. However, I can't use a string a sounds, I need SINGLE EFFECTS, like a single explosion sound, a single sparkler sound, etc.

It would be GREATLY appreciated if anybody could help. Also, I could throw you in some credits if you want me to.

Here's what I need:

1) Regular explosion
2) Spray (like spray fountain)
3) Whistler (like bottle rocket)
4) Fireball
5) Star sparkle (the crackling noise fromt he firework stars)

And anything else you guys can find.

If nothing else works, I might have to use some old effects.

Note that I don't have Anvil anymore.

Stay tuned, download the game on Dec. 31!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Why not just buy some fireworks, set them off individually and record the actual sounds? Even if the recordings aren't perfect they can easily be cleaned up and enhanced in a good audio program and then saved to whatever size and format your project requires.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I know one the worlds leading forensic sound experts and I could ask him on Monday if he has any ideas perhaps but I don't know. There is this:

http://www.ghengisfireworks.co.uk/blog/p......t-2.aspx
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Try the Freesound Project http://freesound.org/
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
You need single firework sounds?

How do you know whether the firework is single or married?

Smile

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I need single firework sounds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL