The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glance by Steve Thompson and Vanishing Inc (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
Hey Brett. I received the email today and downloaded the added content but I haven't looked at the add'l magazine deal. Do you know if the magazines are the same as we already have?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim -

My guess is yes (same) as there were basically only 2 possible magazine covers as far as I ever knew.

I changed my covers when I got them to Time, The Economist and the New Republic.

The thinking here with the refills is to make the Magazines less precious - use them, abuse them, and get some more if they wear out.

I definitely plan to order the extra set of 4 as the deal is too good to pass up.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2012, lucavolpe wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 15:52, Olympic Adam wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 15:38, lucavolpe wrote:
Right...refills will be great for the owner of GLANCE!
I am waiting mine...and I know will be a great addition to my show (especially fly on on cruise ship with the magazines is more easy than books!)
will be great also to have the chnace to purchase a bulk of magazines where you can use by ripping the pages...so they can chose a magazine, tear only one page and keep tearing until a little square remain...then they chose the long word...nice Smile

This was a clever idea from Luca some time ago - never tried it but I may now with the great refill deal!
I think you mean Tru Test Luca Smile

use them both together for that effect, or Tru Test on its own, plenty of refills for that one

No Adam, I mean GLANCE. They can chose ANY page,tear it and keep tearing until a little square remain and then they chose a word. The only problem is that everytime you do this the magazine will loose pages, this why I was asking if was possibile to make some GLANCE special price (like for 10 or 15 sets) to use in this way.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
I bought this when it came out, but can't for the life of me remember where from! Hoping that proof of ownership might be enough to get a copy of this new handling.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2014, hornet wrote:
I bought this when it came out, but can't for the life of me remember where from! Hoping that proof of ownership might be enough to get a copy of this new handling.

Drop us an email and we'll be happy to help!
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Do we simply contact our supplier and they will send the PDF?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Thanks Vanishing Inc!

Great service as always!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Thank you.. I got the PDF and love the TOD idea.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just a tout once again for GLANCE.

It is essentially a version of MOABT is a wonderfully produced magazine format.

I have been using this in strolling performances weekly since it came out and I keep ordering new sets as the magazines wear out over time.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION - grab a set a Vanishing Inc - this set is priced far too low for the power and quality of the materials.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I purchased this at a lecture from Joshua Jay about 6 months ago. It's one of the best magic products I've purchased. It's probably the strongest magazine test you can perform.

I work with professional writers, and the method even flies by them. I recommend this, even if you are only hobbyist or semi-pro.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I performed this last night for the first time at a party for colleagues. Jaw dropping reactions. But try and resist calls for another person from the same group to "have a go", or at the very least make sure that you know all the different methods for finding the word. Believe me, when you've done it once for a group, they all will want to "have a go". Incidentally I pre-planted the magazines at the party host' house before the party and started off by asking to borrow a magazine. The fact that they are not your own magazines just increases the amazement. Thoroughly recommended
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I think doing this a second time is AN ABSOLUTE no-no. There's no way it can help at all.

Literally dozens of other ways to divine a word. Don't ruin this by doing the same effect twice!!!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have Glance also and really love it..
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm now on something like my 6th set of Glance. Once they get too beat up I just get new - and mine get used constantly.

One of the finest and strongest effects that I perform. Excellent.
robholladay7
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of robholladay7
I like Glance too. Just one word of caution. I don't want to give too much away, but in the instructions for the effect it says to instruct your volunteer to choose any word.If you have Glance you know what I mean. If you have Glance, look very carefully through the provided magazine and you will see text and images that could be mistaken and give your volunteer the wrong answer. I know by experience. I do school assemblies and it is very embarrassing when your volunteer picks the wrong word and you have 1200 high school students watching you. OMG!

If you would like to know exactly what I am talking about, message me privately and I'll tell you what I'm talking about. I have to tear those pages out to make sure didn't happen again.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
I'm doing the "tossed out" version of Glance next week as a closer... Have six magazines ready to keep it quick and easy. Really interested to see what the reactions are... It should really stun them. Some concerns but honestly, hard to see how it could fail.
Magic McKing
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic McKing
I am a sucker for megazine tests. Hope this one is a worker for me.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It's so good.
Jesseb
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Jesseb
Great effect, if time misdirection is applied I find, it appears so strongly like real mind reading as to just leave people absolutely speechless. I close my show with it.
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
I haven't searched every page, but I looked around and couldn't find a good way to force a magazine on anyone. I would like to put my Glance magazines in with others as a "free" choice. I thought of a few ideas but I'm curious as to what others think.
Sanukk
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sanukk
Quick question for those that swap the covers, are you not concerned a word from the newly added cover may be picked instead of something from the rest of the mag? I know it not a huge chance, but if magic has taught me anything, if something can go wrong, it bloody well will LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glance by Steve Thompson and Vanishing Inc (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL