The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glance by Steve Thompson and Vanishing Inc (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 12:33, hornet wrote:
Can this be used with magazines from countries other than the US? I'm in the UK, Time and Newsweek are readily available, but just curious whether this could be used with homegrown publications?

I have been using this with the UK version of Time magazine and it fits perfectly. A few other magazines also fit.

Quote:
On 2012-12-11 15:40, BatsMagic wrote:
Can the magazine hold up to repeated attachment of covers? And what are the supplied dates and covers of the two magazines?

You have to be careful, of course, as it is printed just like any other magazine (in fact, we specifically sought out a magazine printer that print similar magazines to what Glance mimics). There are no dates on the standard magazine covers. Everything else looks exactly as you would suspect though.

I hope that helps

--Andi
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 15:48, IAIN wrote:
I am paraphrasing the mighty john riggs here, but he said on the subject of allowing people to examine your goods (so to speak)...he asked "would a samurai warrior allow a passerby to examine all of his equipment?"...

I have ordered a set of these, just waiting for my order to update to "shipped"!

Well I beat you to it - ordered my set yesterday.

I also have NK's TruTest and honestly it never really blew me away - hoping and believing that this will be superior.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I must be blind as I can't find the demo? Smile anywise, I'll most likely be ordering as this sounds really promising. It's nice timing as I'm currently working on a new act, New year = new act and this may work well with the mother.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 22:23, Darren James wrote:
I must be blind as I can't find the demo? Smile anywise, I'll most likely be ordering as this sounds really promising. It's nice timing as I'm currently working on a new act, New year = new act and this may work well with the mother.

Darren

Darren-

Your not blind, just click on the arrow surrounded by a little circle at the center of the "Glance" graphic - center of the graphic with the eye.

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/mentalism/glance/
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Ahhhhh........ Thanks so much Brett Smile

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
I am very interested but would like to know if the method is similar to MOBAT and/or Area Book Test ?

Please PM if the answer is to much to expose

I would really apprecaite it
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Read the top portion of the thread...
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Will there be a supplier of this in the UK?
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Grr! two things I bought elsewhere this week are now on Penguin (which means they would be with me in the uk in < 3 days)

nothing against the places where I bought them like Vanishing inc Smile just Penguin are so fast and I would have saved on shipping costs

Almost ordered this again to make sure I had a copy with me over xmas to play with

hornet - I'm in the UK and it's hard to beat Penguin even from the US, I ordered something from a UK based site at the weekend and still don't have it, with Penguin it would have been £10 cheaper and here by now Smile
I've ordered from Vanishing Inc to the UK, pretty reasonable price for shipping, looking forward to getting this

Anyone know how long Vanishing Inc usually take to the UK?
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Although I order from penguin and they have been good to me, part of me wishes this would have stayed a bit more exclusive. Seems like it has great potential.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
LobstaJohnson
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of LobstaJohnson
Ok, I couldn't stand it...I had to order this as soon as I read about it.

LOOKS PERFECT!
--
<BR>credo che tutti gli uomini siano fratelli
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 14:46, Darren James wrote:
Although I order from penguin and they have been good to me, part of me wishes this would have stayed a bit more exclusive. Seems like it has great potential.

Darren

part of the reason I bought it immediately from Vanishing Inc was that I thought it would stay there for a bit longer
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Just ordered the 2 magazine version of this. One of my only purchases this year. Seriously can not wait to perform this!

I'll post my thoughts on it when I get it but before hand, I have no doubt in how amazing the quality is going to be on this.

Thanks Andy and Josh for working so hard on this!

Cheers,

Lloyd
gmindmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of gmindmagic
Did anyone get this yet, and if you did what are your thoughts. I do have it in hand.
Thanks
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I especially appreciated the privilege to get the second magazine for an extra $10. Very nice.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-12-14 12:05, gmindmagic wrote:
Did anyone get this yet, and if you did what are your thoughts. I do have it in hand.
Thanks

not yet - what are your thoughts so far?

are the 2 books the same inside or different?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-12-14 12:05, gmindmagic wrote:
Thanks

If you can, any thoughts would be appreciated. I think I will be putting my order in tonight but would love to hear some honest thoughts.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
gmindmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of gmindmagic
Well I actually hate to give reviews and feel sometimes the guys who do get persecuted for giving their opinion. Remember I am looking at this from a mentalist perspective, not just performing a trick. I use and love MOABT and the thinking behind the Long W*** principal. I tried another magazine test out recently using the same principal and did not like the production value of that one. Now Glance...they do look like magazines. (However the layout to me and remember this is my opinion is not realistic).

I tried Time and Newsweek covers they do come up about 1/4 inch short from fitting correctly.(this bugs me) I also tried Business Week, the same. But what bothers me the most is there are only 8 words so the repetition of the words appear to close together on the same page. With MOABT the words appear in rotation pages apart. There are also some typos, such as word spacing etc.

Now remember I just received this and my hopes were high, my goal was to pack a smaller even more organic show. This is workable, and maybe it's just the perfectionist in me. Remember your not really giving the spectator time to examine the magazine, and you should have the ability to manage the spectator.

Well these are my thoughts and just my opinions. I know Ted K. gave his blessing to this product, however I wonder if he was consulted in the production.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just received today - beautiful package.

I can tell you that the ECONOMIST magazine perfectly fits the supplied magazines.

I don't have MOABT - looking forward to working this.

Great job Vanishing Inc - looks to be a worker.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-12-14 17:07, gmindmagic wrote:
There are also some typos, such as word spacing etc.

I woud lik too be a speling end laout konsultent four anywon hoo wantz too printt anythin majicel. Itz relly badd too hav typos end missspellled wurdz on theze thingz, becuz a profesionel magasine wood nott hav theze thingz rong. Itz veri frustratin too mee!

I'm still looking forward to getting mine, though. Should have it on Monday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Glance by Steve Thompson and Vanishing Inc (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL