The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Intercessor knock-off? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I bought G. Bloom's "Intercessor" off the big auction site. It was advertised as the original. Only problem is that the tear will be a perfect quarter circle! Anyone familiar with a knock-off bring made? You can get a knock off of just about everything these days, but this is pathetic!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
The magic community are big on knock offs, that's why they stay in business. It's the cheap ones people usually complain about.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
After some research it appears that the product I received was produced by King Magic from China. Very poor quality. You might be able to make out the almost perfect one quarter circle tears in the photo! I hope the seller will refund my money, as I thought I was bidding on the original product!

Click here to view attached image.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Talk about the "Too perfect" theory.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Good news for me in that the seller was very apologetic and immediately refunded me. Seller bought it from Madhatter Magic and was surprised that this company would sell a knock off. I did some research and found the following article from The Daily Deception about Madhatter: http://www.thedailydeception.com/2012/05......comments

It does appear that since this article, the Dean's Box knock off has been discontinued. I also cannot find Intercessor on their web site, so maybe they have changed their ways!
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 09:21, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Talk about the "Too perfect" theory.

Yes...it looks like they took a hole saw to a piece of plastic, made large circular holes, and then cut the plasic appropriately to make the template. A knock off is one thing, but an extremely poor knock off is another! Especially when it is packaged as Gaeten's "Intercessor".
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
D'oh... I think I may have gotten one of those too - how can I tell if it's the real deal?
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2012-12-10 00:50, Engine wrote:
D'oh... I think I may have gotten one of those too - how can I tell if it's the real deal?

The tear should look more like the photo on the cover of the instruction booklet:
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
India is also making a "Poor Man's Intercessor" (my name given to it) from Magic Goods. It only cost $5, with no instructions. It is metal, but it is wider then a poker playing card. It is the smooth part of a circle idea. It works fine if you cut the excess metal off the plate and make it playing cards size.

Works great for Card in Orange. So it is not an ripe off copy, as it is not trying to imitate the Intercessor, but offer an alternative to the torn corner device.
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
I no longer have the instructions, I bought mine from paperineck. Does that ring any bells?

or can anyone post a pic of what the tear should look like?
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Just found some photos online - looks like I got taken too Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have the real thing. Its nice and works great. I got it from Kevin James.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I am the guilty one. As I mentioned to Engine, I got this from ebay from a US seller and it ended up in the drawer without me even trying it. I am fully refunding Engine as we speak.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
That's true - Thanks for taking care of it man Smile
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Hey Engine & All - you can tell if it's a fake; because the real deal of Gaeten Bloom's gimmick has a engraved image of him and the name & no.
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
And for sure it is not in plastic but solid iron
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Hi All,

Just to make things alittle more confusing. I had concerns about purchasing a knock off version of intercessor and contacted Gaeten for advice. He was nice enough to get back to me. He told me that with his permission, the recent batches of the intercessor are produced directly by Kevin James and Murphys as per his own exact design, unfortunately, as part of the production process, the printing of Gaeten's image on the plate was not done. So based on this, just because the image of Gaeten does not appear engraved on your intercessor does not immediately mean it is a fake. The best way to ensure that it is genuine is to ensure that your magic dealer got it supplied to them from Murphys, and knowing the price of the gimmick, if you are buying it for well below and recommended retail price, then most likely it is not genuine.

Though it has been out since early 2000, I only recently purchased one late last year, the demostration that Gaeteb gave on EMC 2012 was what really convinced me of how powerful this ultility gimmick can really be. Best purchase for afew years, and with the UCCU, I can ring this in and out of a deck fairly easily.

Thanks

Baobow
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I rarely use mine, as I mainly work kidshows, and close-up magic. I see it mostly as a device for stage shows - but it's just the most awesome piece of kit. When I first got it, I really couldn't believe it was possible to d*******e two apparently random tears.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Baobow, thanks for the great idea about using it with the UCCU!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I too have been had, got mine from kigmagic in china. Also a trick with a little battery powered car,, it didn't work. Unfotunately my emails have gone unanswered for several months now. don't suppose I will hear anything now.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Intercessor knock-off? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL