We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » BEST SIGNED COIN TRANSPOSITION EVER!! No gimmicks, no sleights, REAL MAGIC? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yesopunk
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of yesopunk
I`ve been practicing some coin magic for a couple of years and I know how to perform some vanishes using sleight of hand or gimmicks, but what I've just come across it's just so amazing that looks like somethiong taken from an x-men movie

This guy is able to vanish a coin in the CLEANEST way possible (no gimmicks, no pulls, no sleights, no sanada gimmicks, no sleeving, just looks like REAL magic), and then he makes it appear magically in a cup which has been held by the spectators the entire time!!!.... I mean you have to watch the video to believe it. The coin is signed.
I had to pause the video and to download it to check if there is some CGI or video editing involved but not,or duplicate coins but I took frames of the signed coin before and after the effect and they are the SAME COIN,also the cars in the background keep moving as he vanishes the coin in his fingertips and makes it materialize inside the transparent glass which makes video editing impossible
So, please if you know a book or a source where I can learn a coin vanish like this, please let me know, Thanks a lot!

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVB9rGOGq2Q
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
That was awesome yesopunk.
he does it in such a magical presentation too.
todd
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
182 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
First off, I'm not sure what he did. But I do know this guy uses camera tricks sometimes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJH5rCoR5s So, I wouldn't put it past this. He's probably got good editors. I've also heard he hires actors, so that could explain the appearance - that guy in the blue shirt reminds me of someone, I can't say he isn't an actor I've seen somewhere, so take that for what it is worth. If it is sleight of hand, I have no idea how he does the appearance.

As far as the vanish goes, the nearest thing it looks like to me is Ben Seidman's Alchemy: http://www.theory11.com/tricks/alchemy-ben-seidman.php

Definitely worth the money for this effect, in my opinion.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 00:37, bobthemagicdoerguy wrote:
First off, I'm not sure what he did. But I do know this guy uses camera tricks sometimes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJH5rCoR5s So, I wouldn't put it past this. He's probably got good editors. I've also heard he hires actors, so that could explain the appearance - that guy in the blue shirt reminds me of someone, I can't say he isn't an actor I've seen somewhere, so take that for what it is worth. If it is sleight of hand, I have no idea how he does the appearance.

As far as the vanish goes, the nearest thing it looks like to me is Ben Seidman's Alchemy: http://www.theory11.com/tricks/alchemy-ben-seidman.php

Definitely worth the money for this effect, in my opinion.
yesopunk
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of yesopunk
I also thought it might be the "ACLHEMY" effect, but this effect has a lot of issues with angles, can be performed only if the spectator is in front of you, neither behind nor next to you,and in this performance the camera is located in such a way that you can see if the principle of "Alchemy" is being used, but sadly it is not....
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
182 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
Actually, it could be. The move is angly, but it is not as scary as it seems. His right hand was angled right and he could have used it. He could have also been using a raven, a pull, or any number of things. I just listed Alchemy because its the closest sleight of hand effect that I know of, which is what I thought you were interested in anyways.

Plus, I'm not sure it wasn't staged throughout anyways. Maybe the spectators were able to see it so as to leave the camera fooled.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I saw a movie where a guy was flying.
He had his underwear over leotards and nobody was laughing... A cape too

Gotta love movies. But they're not reality.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
The real magic in the YIFartofmagic videos is in the amazing editing and video technology that is being used. Other than that it is a disservice to the art of magic and real magicians.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Ya... that coin trick is pure BS. the vanish is probably real... but it's not possible to make it appear in a normal borrowed cup in the spectator's hand the way he did in that video.
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Great movie but not real magic
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-12-12 17:39, Gary Kosnitzky wrote:
The real magic in the YIFartofmagic videos is in the amazing editing and video technology that is being used. Other than that it is a disservice to the art of magic and real magicians.

I feel the same way, Gary! Smile

Doug
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
I can't help myself: YIFartofmagic? Hard for me not to read that as Ye Fart of Magic.

Happy new year!
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 00:33, jpleddington wrote:
I can't help myself: YIFartofmagic? Hard for me not to read that as Ye Fart of Magic.

Happy new year!

Have you seen the guy who ends his routines by saying "complete" and doing an "L" sign over his forehead?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The question is not if it's tricked photography or not. The question is how would WE produce such an effect in real performance situations or at least get very close to that effect.

For the vanish when you are sitting, it's easy: read Tony Slydini.
For the appearance of the same coin under the glass there are several possibilities... which ones do come to your mind?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 00:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 00:33, jpleddington wrote:

Happy new year!

Have you seen the guy who ends his routines by saying "complete" and doing an "L" sign over his forehead?

No, but I'm sure I'd love it.
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Definitely camera tricks. The beginning of the vanish is from the first Appollo & Shoot DVD using the J.B. Grip.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Not real .. editing
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » BEST SIGNED COIN TRANSPOSITION EVER!! No gimmicks, no sleights, REAL MAGIC? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL