The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FAX by Loki Kross (386 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 19:16, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 18:32, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 18:18, nanaswan wrote:
The price puts me off as too cheap IMO for a miracle .

Interesting... just what is the going market price for a miracle these days? Smile

From prenatal until they get through college, about $600K.

… and then some! Smile

I just can’t fathom what price has to do with anything, and or the relationship of what it has to do with something being good, let alone it being a ‘miracle’ or not. I’m 65 and I fear that perhaps some have forgotten what books are. Average cost... $15.00 to $30.00 (back in the day), and I’ve found plenty of ‘miracles’ within those pages throughout the years. A ‘miracle’ does not lie within the cost of something, but in its idea/inception/perception/originality and nothing more. For what it’s worth, I don’t have this trick, nor do I have any interest in it, but that is a whole other story and nothing whatsoever to do with this particular trick as I’m simply speaking in generalities here.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Got this today, and will agree it is not what I had expected. Will I do this after some practice, most definitely! As the local pub magician, this will play great between band sets or whatever. Would I say ballsy?? Not really, they give great tips and teachings. Although I don't do an ambitious routine, I can see this working into some other effects.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
66 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 19:51, M Sini wrote:

Gaffed,

He's not replacing the insides of a Sharpie. He's using a Sherpa pen which is basically a fancy pen shell that you may put a sharpie or other compatible pens in. They are really sharp looking and only take a few seconds to replace the pen when they go dry.

It was a surprisingly significant difference in reaction when using a Sherpa pen. Finding a Sherpa compatible, non-sharpie pen is hard in my experience. Target sells "Write Dudes Color Sharp Metallic Permanent Pens" that are the only ones I have found. The blue metallic looks awesome on a card (really pops) but takes ~6 seconds to dry (unlike the almost instant dry of a Sharpie). I bought a 10 year supply assuming they will disappear any day.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6996 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Wow. A lot of supposition here. Just because I said I haven't done it doesn't mean I have any reservations about it. I think it's a really cool method. I simply have not had time to work on it as I am working on a ton of other stuff magic and non magic related.

And, yes, I can offer my opinion on something even if I haven't worked it. Man, you guys really try to read a little too much between the lines sometimes. Smile

Also, I don't get the argument about the price... Magic producers price things differently now. It's a whole different world than it used to be. If you want to sell, you have to be competitive. The days of $500 videos are no more... Unless you are a mentalist selling a "revolutionary" routine that has one minor tweak from an effect in Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. Then you can sell a PDF for $200.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
66 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 19:05, gaffed wrote:
There is nothing written in stone that a Sharpie must be used when performing a magic trick that involves something being signed. With that said, save yourself the time and trouble and use whatever pen/marker you wish to use as a spectator could care less.

I have had some problems with some folks assuming my odd "Ticonderoga" markers were somehow part of the method. Even though I like them, I still avoid effects where the ink is transferred to a different card (different colored back).
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 18:32, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 18:18, nanaswan wrote:
The price puts me off as too cheap IMO for a miracle .

Interesting... just what is the going market price for a miracle these days? Smile

This is why I said earlier that I consider it is worth twice the price

As some times you just can't win

I still maintain that this is a worker !
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Got this today. Practiced for a few hours and it did not pass the girlfriend test. However, that is probably for two reasons - 1) I did not do my best at performing the technique, but; 2) I think she would have figured it out even if I had performed it flawlessly. I obviously have not had enough time to test this extensively, but my initial impressions are that it is an interesting idea that will probably work with a spectator who is not skeptical/familiar with magic. And, if the technique does fly by them, you will have a very strong effect. On the other hand, if you perform for friends/family that are familiar with magic/skeptical of your tricks, this will probably not work. Given that I perform for friends and family, I will be selling this. PM if you want to purchase.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
Put the time into this because it is worth it. Most wont need much practice but some like myself will need to give it a day or two before trying it before an audience. I was at the shoot for the DVD and the reactions were incredible, like REALLY strong. Even after the camera stopped rolling the spectators were having really strong reactions. Think about what happens, their signed card, they place it in the middle of the deck and they turn over the top card. Incredible.
P3
practice practice perform.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is this a penguin exclusive or will other vendors world wide have this at some stage?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The demo does not show those moments I am interested in, so I can't judge yet; however, considering that the name FAX derives from 'facsimile' (="make similar") this alone gives some food for thoughts.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6996 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You can't practice this for only a couple of hours and expect to do it really well. You need to live with it for a little while.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-12-23 10:02, Cameron Francis wrote:
You can't practice this for only a couple of hours and expect to do it really well. You need to live with it for a little while.

Well said Cameron.

I think your line should be added to every trick sold, a bit like the health warnings on cigarettes.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
What Cameron says is on the money...anyone expecting to get FAX and do it the same day to skeptical girlfriend or your pals at ther pub should look elsewhere.

The method is not complex - getting good at it will take practice.

Like I said a few times already, real workers will find this to be pure gold... Weekend hobbiests looking to hit and run should go buy a Sven or stripper deck.

FAX is a pretty remarkable concept - new concepts don't come around often. Hats off to Loki for sharing this with the community.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And btw, I don't see how this is original at all. I learned this exact technique about 5 years ago in "Seamless TNR" I'm pretty sure its also taught on Huron Low's "Fire in the Hole

I hope this is not the case. Otherwise Loki has some explaining to do.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I've PMed Glen, the creator of seamless.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi Everyone!

I have been busy working over the holidays and wanted to drop in and Thank You for taking interest in this product Smile
I will be out all day, but will be back tonight, and will try to make myself more available.

Just a few points of response to some questions/concerns.

The method is original. It is not on Seamless , nor FITH. As I have them and cannot understand how that connection could be made.
This has not been applied to magic until now.

The publisher of this product is P3, or "Practice, Practice, Perform." Not "Perform, Perform, Maybe Practice."
I have taught this to 12 magicians/hobbyists prior to release, they all could do it, and I have not heard of anyone being caught.
It is easy to do, but I would not suggest doing it on day 1.

On the DVD I say to try it with a family member as soon as you learn it. But I did not mean, "try and fool them." I wanted you to see that it works.
As anything that works good in magic, you have to practice and work it.

I do not believe people like Garrett Thomas and Francis Menotti would be backing/performing in this if it was not that strong. Smile

I have heard the phrase "Interesting Thinking" used a lot on this thread. Thank You, I appreciate that. Smile It is the greatest compliment IMO.
And with anything that is interesting, or new, you should take some time to get to know it.

@Rasmus: Berk must have shown you something else. As he and Chris Rose are filming me in 2 weeks, I would know if I had shared this method with him. I also do not think he would do that to me, if he could. Smile

@ Maddy: I saw the post you made before you started this thread. (Thank you for starting this thread by the way)
It was on that other site. :$

You said and I quote:
"To me, it looks like you have a dupe which you sign the date on in the middle then scribble along the line at the top to fake their signature. Then they take the card out and flip it over (Without actually looking at their signature) and boom, it's on top"

Ok. if it was that simple, you would get caught almost every time. Unless they were extremely drunk, or blind.

If I had to hide their signature from them, why do I leave the card face up? I want them to look at their signature.

Also, I do not date, or draw lines. It is just their signature (Watch the last 2 reactions on the demo).
That was something Francis did. It is optional. (He does a ton of awesome teaching in here too, so I am thankful for that).

Also if this was some rehash of "Drawing Room Deceptions" then I would call that method a "Bicycle".
In comparison this method is a Bugatti Veyron that can submerge in water to avoid sonar, and fly in the sky above radar.

I love Guy's work, but this is not even similar to what he has put out. His methods are great for other reasons.
This method is the only version of its kind in magic. Period. It has not been released before, and you will not find it in an old magic book.
The technique did not even originate from a magic idea.

Finally, this was priced appropriately. I am not trying to get rich with this, I am trying to give something new to the magic community.
To give back to other magicians. Is that not what our fraternity is about?

I thank everyone again. I am humbled by the response this has received.
I will try to keep an eye on the thread, and answer any questions that are sincere.

Your Friend in Magic,
LokI
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yeh he's gdw on the Café. I'm sure he'll chime in here and defend Loki.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi Loki, I really appreciate your contribution here, this has legs, I don't think methods for the signed card will ever be the same after this. I predict the method will eveolve through time and eventully find other uses for example in mentalism or impossible location effects. Thanks again.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm assuming the folks at P3/ Papercrane/Ted French and Mandy + others also did their own research on the history.

These folks have been around the block a couple of times ya think?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Jeff McBride even told me it was original. I will take his word on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FAX by Loki Kross (386 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL