We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
@Lawrence O & funsway
this trick is part of a routine that I'm still working, I was sharing with you that I finish.
the concept of routine is to travel three coin a classic as all know, with visual way and more magical
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
tarwe
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of tarwe
Really pretty, very magical!
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Thank's
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of evikshin
I'm late to the party, but excellent work buddy! Very creative. This is an improvement over the usual method of dropping a coin from classic palm into a glass.
Thanks again for sharing,
Evan
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Thank's a lot Evan Smile
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
917 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Great idea! David Harkey has a four coins to glass routine in Simply Harkey that has the coins entering the glass from a rear finger clip. Might be worth studying for your own routine.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, that's what I think scott..."Great idea." Smile It's a nice effect just by itself IMHO. Smile It can always be connected to a larger routine but if you don't need all that, then it looks good just the way Mehdi initially showed it here. Again, very well done...as is IMHO. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Thanks scott0819 & MB
I apperecie your engouragement
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
That was very nice. My suggestion is to structure the routine to justified the sleight used.
You have to justify why you are holding the coin that way. Also why you have to transfer the coin to the other hand.
I would not place the cup in the middle of the table. Not enough justification to transfer the coin to pick up cup with right hand. If you place the cup right of center that will justify why you picked up cup with right hand and why you transferred the coin.
Ill leave why you are holding the coin in that position up to you.....lol
Thanks for sharing.
You have a keeper with a little more structure.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Hey feher
I'm agree with you, I'm still working on the routine ... I'll take your comments into consideration, thank you Smile
Mehdi
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1077 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Great job Mehdi !
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Oh thank you Mr Lawrens I'm a big fan of you.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5188 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think it is technically great. I don't believe I could pull the move off. You are very talented and I respect that - the only thing that I just cant get my head around is (from the view of the spectator) it looks like you quickly tossed a coin in the air and caught it in the glass. We as magicians know full well what a great move that was and what you are going for, but maybe if you show your left hand actually empty (for a second or two) and toss the "invisible" coin - it would look more magical to the spec. Just a constructive critique, keep it up you are very talented.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5188 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I will also say- I am much more a card guy who is diving into coins headfirst so with my lack of coin knowledge and not being as comfortable with my coin skill as my card skills yet, I can only give a "non-biased" spectator point of view. I had to watch it a dozen times before I figured it out

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Now, I think PD makes a good point here as to the better show of the left hand empty upon the toss. Makes sense to make an already nice effect even more magical. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Yes I agree and your critici are very consructive I will take into consideration thank you .
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t agree with showing the left hand empty. I believe that it is better the way it is now - lead the spectators to think they saw the left hand empty... maybe... but not certain. Keep them guessing.

IMO, once you make it exceedingly clear that the left hand is empty, you are screaming that the coin must then be in the right. Easier to deconstruct.

Thanks!

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5188 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
"Easier to deconstruct" - maybe as a magician, but as I said - I had to watch a dozen times to realize he didn't just throw it up and catch it (which is un-magical) just a skillful toss and catch.

I think a "quick flash" fingers up palm out (like you are about to give a high 5)then the invisible toss with the visible and audible catch would be stronger.

More to my point, after figuring out he wasn't really just tossing it - it took a few more views to take a educated guess (again as a magician with some coin knowledge) as to the method used which impressed me very much as to his technical skill.

Sometimes it's hard to step back outside the box and look in with our spectator goggles on, I know because I am very critical of myself with cards, yet I blow people away all the time. ( I hope now that I am concentrating more so on coins that I can reach that level also ) not arguing the point J-Mac, just detailing what my train of thought was. I almost didn't post because I didn't want to sound critical, I just wanted to post a good critique from my point of view.

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I think often times we do certainly look at these things as magicians, when it is laymen who we will much more likely perform for (Thank God) Smile , and they will not have a clue as to what in the heck we're doing until they see the magic of it all. And really, that's what they see most, that's what they remember of the collection of large and small actions. While I can clearly understand my friend Tim's suggestion above, I'm sure that sorta specific instruction, based upon what Mehdi did, would not effect a spec's more general taking in of the moment. I'm just sure of it, though I always appreciate Tim's magical eye to things. Smile

I don't know, a lot of times beyond the general notion or intention of things, I just don't think specs notice all that much or at all most times. It's like the dates on a set a coins, do they really have to match for the magic to be any more authentic? Smile I was watching David Roth explain his Winged Silver and Chink a Chink the other day and it was great instruction from a real Master that knows the little things mean a lot, and he wants you to consider those things when performing. I get it and I suppose that's what's being discussed here really, just not sure you have to dot every little "i" every time out for the message to be read effectively as put. I'm just sayin'. Smile I liked it the way he first did it but can see PDs look touch of salt making it a bit tastier as to clarity. Either which way would totally fool specs, which is the purpose of all this really. Smile

Have a great day all. Smile

vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Showing the hand empty before the toss is regressive. it take away from the effect. If you're gonna 'change things up' Reach for the glass, do the toss, pause and say something like, "when the coin turns invisible, it tends to fall slower..." Now do the catch. You've established that the coin has 'vanished' you give the audience time to absorb that fact, and then they begin to wonder where it could have gone. Now look at the glass and when the coin appears, that moment is clearer. All you need to do is modify the pacing.

As for being easier to deconstruct? I disagree. A CLEARLY empty hand is seen, fingers spread and not curled with the complete palm exposed to the audience picking up a clear glass with no etching or other way to obstruct vision. THAT hand it KNOWN to be 'EMPTY' There's nothing to deconstruct there, nothing to hang a hat on. All the audence can do is wonder where the coin went and then wait for the magician to answer that question.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to glass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL