The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "Ouija Deck" Pretty interesting! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I have mine ordered! Just waiting for it to come in.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
My deck arrived today and I think it will prove to be a good tool. After looking it over I think I should have bought two decks instead of one because I think I might get some use out of this deck.

-Max
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Mine arrived today also. This is my Very Simple Review.

I love the artwork and the cards are stiff but good. The oujia motive it's mesmerizing Smile

What I don't like is the box, which feels cheap because of the finish.

It is worth almost 30 euro?
I don't know. If you strip the disputable collector's value of the limited edition the answer, for me, is no.

If the price had been 10 euro/deck I would have bought five at least.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mine arrived a few weeks ago, two decks, only one number. So I guess I can number the second one as I please. Smile

I heard mention of an ebook associated but don't know anything about this.
The link above isn't IPad friendly.

I did open one box. And found the cards also wrapped in plastic, this I have not unwrapped yet.

What it appears that Xizzy has neglected in his/her assessment is that the decks are also marked (I have not looked for the marks and there is no documentation, so this may have been an easy something to miss).

But a custome deck, in the veign of the Gypsy Witch deck, and marked, is easily worth the asking price.

I will post more thoughts after I have had a chance to properly examine the cards.

Tony
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2013-01-22 15:20, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

What it appears that Xizzy has neglected in his/her assessment is that the decks are also marked (I have not looked for the marks and there is no documentation, so this may have been an easy something to miss).

You can find the instructions on decoding the marks on one card. They are clever and well disguised. I have hard time to see the marks with the riffle trick.
Another card has a simple way to fortune telling.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I had a marked deck and actually wrote the meanings of each card on its face. Is this similar?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Ordered, and on it's way!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Quote:
On 2013-01-22 23:49, Slim King wrote:
I had a marked deck and actually wrote the meanings of each card on its face. Is this similar?

Yes
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
And 52 ouija boards.
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Thanks for supplying the link. I have downloaded the PDF and received pack #3. They are a little pricey but they are nice. I agree about the box and do not like it as there is a "cheap feel" to is as there is a flap at the bottom that will catch the cards as you return them to the box. Other than that, I like them.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Yes they are not cheap, but I think I will order a second package of cards if there are still some available to purchase. I think I may get a a lot of use out of thess cards.

-Max
Vanderballs
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Vanderballs
Thank you very much for your comments guys. In regards to the box, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the gloss finish either, it's the only thing I was disappointed in when I got the consignment from the printers. That said, it's only ever going to be you who handles the box so that won't impact on a spectator's experience with the cards. From feedback I'm getting a lot of people are putting these cards into wooden card boxes, velvet bags etc. to store them in - it certainly adds something to the mystique of the cards!
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
These cards are special enough to warrant a wooden box or velvet pouch. Thanks for the heads up on this idea. I will go for the wooden box and place the numbered card on the inside of the lid of the box.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Personally I plan on putting mine inside a velvet bag when they are going for a work out,I think that adds to them than puling out the box the way these cards look, but I will store them in the box when home. As to the gloss box, you could always dust it with a satin spray to dull it down......

Still waiting for my 2 decks though......airmail must be slowing down due to the weight of all these cool deck coming state side....LoL

Curious how many decks have been sold to date...?
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered another deck. I really should have just bought two to start with, but they are a bit expensive.

I think I may get more use from these than I do my Medieval Tarot deck.

-Max
Vanderballs
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Vanderballs
I'm currently experimenting with some wood printing techniques (mostly for another idea) and as soon as I get them to a condition I'm happy with, I imagine I'll be selling some 'official' Ouija Deck boxes, standard wooden card boxes with the deck design on the lid. Might as well add an upgrade option to a magnetic card box too.

Merlins, we're just coming up to the halfway mark as of today. Some of them have gone out to dealers of course.

Max, you have a very kind wife!
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 09:33, Merlinsmagic wrote:

Curious how many decks have been sold to date...?

I'm curious too, if we can ask Smile

Did you print in Carta Mundi?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Xizzy

He answers that question (Merlin's) in the post above yours.

Tony
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I'm convinced. I'll be putting in an order next week.
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 12:07, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Xizzy

He answers that question (Merlin's) in the post above yours.

Tony

Thank you Tony, I missed the "halfway mark" note.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "Ouija Deck" Pretty interesting! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL