The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reviewers for TIBPS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I'd like a few people to review an effect of mine. TIBPS is a utility effect that allows one to do predictions in the same vein as the Master Prediction System other multiple prediction/"confabulation" methods. As an added bonus, its handling is a lot easier than an expensive system and costs very little in money or energy to set up, allowing the performer to focus on the presentation. It can be done without an accomplice, and the prediction itself can be strung up, locked away, held by an audience member or passed around, and lends well to a variety of performance types. I have been using it for about 3 years and can vouch for it as being well-tested and versatile. Atlas, who is the only one to have used it in a show besides myself, said that it was "...stupidly good. Incredibly cunning and impressive."

Please post or PM me if you are interested in reviewing it. If you want to make my day, you can include a joke for my 8 year old niece. She laughed on and off for 3 days at the "Panda eats shoots and leaves" joke and I have never been even close to matching it. Might just take a miracle.

-Aaron.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
PM Sent
Sorry I can not include any joke for your Niece
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I was just browsing and saw this thread.

As Aaron has quoted me in the initial post, I thought I'd take a moment and more fully express my perspective on TIBPS.

Anyone looking for an engaging, interesting and entertaining means of revealing a prediction ought to look here first (I think I saw a thread a few weeks back that was looking for a great way to reveal a prediction - whoever started it, you should PM Aaron).

This method is easy, clean, extremely deceptive, very fun and (due to the nature of the thing - can't really say more) passively engages a lot more of the audience in the overall effect, helping them to become invested in the result and revelation at the end. You will not lose their attention.

I've long admired Kennedy's knack for taking something humdrum and mundane and making the final reveal wildly unexpected and pleasing. Aaron has something here that, in my opinion, follows in those footsteps - and in a way that has very broad application. It works for stage, parlor, or one-on-one.

I've not seen anything like this, and am truly enamored with it.

My advice is to blow up his inbox and try to get this little darling before it has a price tag.

Best,

Atlas
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Inbox blown up. I'll try to reply to everyone, but don't have time tonight. I'm sending a couple copies out now, and a couple in the morning. Thanks, everyone!

-Aaron.
scottyocean
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of scottyocean
Im interested.

Joke: So Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar and the bartender says so why the long face.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm also very interested. Here's my offerings

What do you call a sheep with no legs......A cloud
What do you cal,a fly with no wings.....A walk
What is a TWIP ?....A wide on a wailway twain.

Steve
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hi.

I'm in the middle of puting together a new show, which should open in May. I'd be interested in reviewing your TIBPS utility. PM sent.

And for your daughter...

Q: What did the frog order at McDonald's?

A: French flies and a diet Croak

Q: What do you call cheese that’s not yours?

A: Nacho cheese!

Q: Why did the girl smear peanut butter on the road?

A: To go with the traffic jam!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
PM'd you

Here's a good joke for your niece...

Man walk into a library and shouts "Fish & chips please!"

The librarian whispers back "I'm sorry sir but this is a library"

The man leans forward and whispers gently back "Sorry, fish & chips please"
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
She offered her honor, I honered her offer and all night long it was honor, offer, honor, offer. Whcops, not for your niece!

There is a daddy mole, a mommy mole and a baby mole. All of a sudden, daddy mole smells something wonderful and starts crawling out of the mole hole. Mommy takes off after him and Junior follows. Mom says, "Hurry, can't you smell the pancakes?" Junior replies, "No, all I can smell is molasses!

Ok, that won't work either. How about, "What is a cat's favorite color?" Answer: "Purrple." Or, "What is a cat's favorite song?" Answer: "Three Blind Mice"

Q: "What do snowmen like to eat for breakfast?" A: "Frosted Flakes." Q "Why is it so cold at Christmas?" A: "Because it is Decembrrr!"

Q: Knock, knock----Who's There?----Tank----Tank Who?
A: You're welcome!

Q: Knock, knock----Who's There?----Who----Who Who?
A: Is there an owl in there?

I hope one of these makes here at least smile! Not the first two, of course.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I woke up to 20 or so requests for a review copy. I have sent out all but one of the review copies that I will send for now. I'll still try to answer everyone, and am open to making a trick-for-trick trade or two for a copy of TIBPS.

After reading a few of these messages, I can see that I have little choice but to offer a discount to people who sent me jokes for my niece. This does not apply to future messages, though anyone who gives me something that rivals the panda joke gets a free copy and a hi-five.

Thanks for all the interest. I'm excited to hear what people think.

-Aaron.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm interested and will happily trade...

a joke - a dog goes to the job centre, walks up to an assistant and says "i wanna job"

the assistant is shocked "that's amazing, a talking dog...you can make a fortune in a circus..."

dog says "no use to me, I'm a plumber"
I've asked to be banned
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I love things like this. I have done the Steinmeyer', Carlyle and Kngiht versions and this one is really cool. Simple, inexpensive and very clever with lots of applications for a range of styles....

Clever, clever man.

Dr Todd
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
A joke not for your niece...

A bear and a rabbit taking a sh#t in the woods, the bear says to the rabbit "do you have a problem with sh#it sticking to your fur?"
The rabbit replied "no",so the bear wiped his ass with the him! Smile

Kieran
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Five minutes non-stop laughter. Good one Kieran.
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Another one not for your niece...

A penguin is driving through the desert when his car breaks down. He manages to push it to the nearest town and takes it to the garage. The mechanic says 'I'll have a look at it for you but it might take a while, call back in a couple of hours'.
The penguin wanders off and thinks what am I going to do for two hours? Then he spots an ice cream parlour and thinks 'That'll do nicely! It's hot out here, ice cream is cold, I'm a penguin, I like the cold, sorted!!' So in he goes and for the next 120 minutes he's stuffing himself with ice cream. He loves it, can't eat it fast enough and it goes everywhere...on his flippers...down his front...on his chin...he's covered in the stuff.
Eventually he heads back to the garage and says 'How are you getting on?' The mechanic says 'I think you've blown a seal'. The penguin wipes his chin and says 'No, it's just ice cream'.

Sorry.

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Over thirty requests now. And nobody will see the actual reviews or any of my pleas to stop sending requests in a sea of children's jokes...

No regrets.

For the record: I've sent all my review copies. If you sent a joke for my niece before my other post, you get a discount for making my day. If you still want a copy, give me your email address and I will send you an email upon TIBPS' imminent release. If you'd rather trade trick-for-trick and not wait, send me a PM.

I gained a lot of love for this site today. Thanks, everyone.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,

Here is my review of TIBPS.

This is a routine that I feel will add greatly to anyone's act. This will look and feel totally unbelievable to your audience as there is no back tracking to be done. It plays exactly as it looks. Straight forward with a one two punch at the end makes TIBPS an amazing piece of mentalism. This routine accomplishes the same effect that cost over a thousand dollars elsewhere.

No assistance is needed in this breath taking effect. After reading this, I guaranteed that your audience will have no idea how this is done. Everything looks so fair and easy to follow along. The main idea isn't new but it is how Aaron places everything together that makes this routine a smashing success.

I have been doing a routine similar to this but will now start using TIBPS as written! This is going straight into my act!

Best
Ray Noble
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I can only echo what Ray said.

Steve
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
On page 2 I was thinking "beautiful," on page 3 "brilliant" and by page 5 I was already getting inspired with my own "twists," if you'll pardon the pun. There is some really clever thinking gone into this idea and it strikes me as a true worker upon reading it. Thanks Alexander.

And I'm betting your niece will laugh at the knock knock jokes. 3 year olds go crazy for them and your biggest risk is having to hear the same joke over and over for a few days!
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I hope this doesn't come across as disparaging to those that have written about this so far... but as Aaron asked for people to review this product in exchange for a copy of it is it possible to get an actual review?

An overview of the product, an idea of what the prediction involves (boxes? envelopes? pouches?) it's pros, it's cons the applications, the restrictions, originality in method or procedure or look and how it compares to other similar products such as the Master Prediction System, Confabulation, and others. You know... a review.

Thanks Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reviewers for TIBPS (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL