The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reviewers for TIBPS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
It's resolved. Sorry for the wall of text, but for those interested this will tell you what TIBPS is, why I was vague, what the crediting issue was, and how it's resolved:

In TIBPS, a prediction is sealed in a clear balloon and can be hung, passed around the audience, or what have you. The key move in TIBPS is a switch, but the switch is done in plain sight at the climax of the effect when all eyes are on the prediction. It opens a number of possibilities and routines, which are discussed in the text.

A prediction (there goes the mystery from P in TIBPS) in a balloon is not new, and as Luca and other reviewers have mentioned, many thinkers and performers have used it. Luca's video on doing a card-to-balloon effect, he mentions the possibility of doing the classic "prediction in balloon" with a transparent balloon. A particular innovation in his handling of the classic effect makes it possible to do so. Even if it was not the focus of his video, his thinking is very clear in the video. It would be nice to just say "great minds think alike", but Luca has published some good work that I was unaware of that very clearly bears on my own. We've spoken and worked things out.

How I will proceed:

1) If you have Luca's DVD already, you can have TIBPS for free. I have gotten very positive feedback about TIBPS, including from those who have also seen or reviewed Luca's video. Among other things, TIBS will give you an excellent way of applying Luca's innovations to the classic effect. If you feel that it adds nothing to what Luca has already given you, I will eat my hat. (So will John C. Right, John?) Ownership will be determined by a simple question about the DVD.

2) Anyone who is unsatisfied with a trade that they've made can just let me know and I will give them a different effect.

3) To anyone who is uncertain: Those who have asked about price already know that the effect will be quite cheap. Anyone who feels like it is a gamble will not be gambling much.

As anyone who reads this forum knows, a very simple idea, applied well, can take you a ridiculously long way. I think comments so far confirm that TIBPS is not a wild breakthrough, but a simple idea, applied quite well.

One way to find out just how far this particular idea can take you will be to pick up a copy of TIBPS. Then, not only will you have an answer, but it would be an answer that could quite astoundingly find its way into a clear balloon that you inflate right now. Sort of. Alternatively, have a look at the reviews and use your wildest imagination.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to PM me.

-Aaron.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
OK ! I,have a question ?

Did your niece, like any of the Jokes ? Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12227 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes Aaron, I will eat your hat. Most indubitably
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
So Aaron is going to be in hospital with hypothermia for wandering around this winter with no hat.
John is going to be in hospital suffering from gastric complications, brought on by eating headgear.
And I'm going to be paying for it all!

And there was me trying to help.

Ste
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3194 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Lol........
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
So...did anyone die as a result of all this?

anyone's trousers combust in sheer rage and despair?

these things happen, sometimes stuff gets overlooked, misremembered - all kinds of things...

actually - if you'd read a few pm's between me and mr young recently, you'd be laughing at some of the similar thoughts we'd been having, that have lots of overlap... but we just talked and laughed at the synchronicity of it all...we didn't have to whip out our muskets...
I've asked to be banned
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I wasn't aware the whipping out of muskets was an option. I might have gone for that.
Though in my case it may have been closer to a derringer than a musket.

Steve
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Any excuse!
I've asked to be banned
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3426 Posts

Profile of Looch
Sausage fest
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Godzilla: It was a tossup between "What is brown and sticky" from you, and "A dog walks into an employment agency" from IAIN.

Other than that, her favourite joke (sort of) of late is from when I was trying to explain some work I was doing on perceptual priming. She'll talk to someone and then pretend to hurt herself and say "ouch ouch ouch... hey, name a piece of furniture". Then she has something ready for when they say "couch".

She will be a wizard someday.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-12-15 21:31, aalexander wrote:
Godzilla: It was a tossup between "What is brown and sticky" from you, and "A dog walks into an employment agency" from IAIN.

She will be a wizard someday.

Con-grats,Iain!
Best,of wishes on your niece, becoming a wizard!
And, the best to you,on your release... Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I just thought I'd update this thread by saying that TIBPS is now released. It will cost only $15, and can be delivered by email.

More information, including feedback from those who have already used TIBPS, can be found here.

-Aaron
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-25 10:41, aalexander wrote:
I just thought I'd update this thread by saying that TIBPS is now released. It will cost only $15, and can be delivered by email.

More information, including feedback from those who have already used TIBPS, can be found here.

-Aaron

I would like this very much! Confabulation prediction effects right up my alley!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reviewers for TIBPS (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL