The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Ekuth / Chris and Kim. More is needed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
As many of you will know from the thread here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=180 Chris (Ekuth) and his family are going through the mill. Hi beloved wife Kim, mother of his children has died despite heroic efforts and Chris has asked for money to help with the funeral. It is not enough.

From the same thread it is clear that he is currently financially up the creek without a paddle. This will not finish with the funeral and it would be nice if we could help provide a financial breathing space to gather himself, his head and his family together without the need to worry where the next bowl of soup is coming from. I don't know about the US but in the UK Christmas is a time of great generosity and January a time when people give very little if at all. I doubt the busking in January will be good.

Money for the funeral would be lovely, but I believe not enough. We need to give him something to get him past the funeral to February at least. His paypal is chris-davis@q.com and he did not ask me to write this. I do not know the man so if you want to throw rocks at someone about this post, aim them at me. If you want to throw love then throw it at Chris and his family.

Danny
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have sent Chris a small sum but I would like to make an additional offer. I have a copy of Scheherazade by Borodin I have seen this go for over $200 in some places that I would like to offer for auction to the highest bidder.All proceeds will go to Chris, with payment to go directly to his paypal account, I need to contact the administrators to see how they would like to handle this. Thanks Tom Boehnlein
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Tom,

What a fantastic, kind and generous idea!

Danny
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have sent an email to Steve Brooks on how he would like me to handle it but have not heard back from him yet. I could place it on ebay but I just thought it would be nice if it was a green board effort.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Indeed!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
This offer has since been removed by the administrators, it will soon appear on the big auction board, kind of a shame, we can get marketing notices in our our PMs but can not do an auction as a fundraiser for one of our members.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I would like to voice my protest to Steve Brooks and other Café Admins. Chris/Ekuth is a great contributing member and has suffered a great tragedy. I AGREE that removing an offer to sell a book and give the proceeds to a member in need while regularly sending advertising emails to us is !@#$%^&*. Is it because the seller didn't cut you on the sale?

I fully expect this to be deleted as soon as someone realizes I posted it but c'est la vie, right?

I love the community here but question many of the practices of the moderators.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
My understanding was that the administrators are going to be hosting this....just on "the big auction board"....or am I being dim and this is ebay? In either case the assertion regarding "cutting in on the sale" is unfair since many people buy and sell things privately on the site commission free.

That said it would be nice if we could have an auction page (if one does not already exist) on here or even a "magician in need" section and that removing the post is a ***ed shame and definitely NOT in the spirit of Christmas!

Danny
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
NO THE ADMINISTRATORS WILL NOT BE HOSTING THE AUCTION, IT IS BEING PLACED ON EBAY SOLELY BY MYSELF,LOOK FOR THE POSTING TO BE THERE FRIDAY.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Guess I am being dim ;o)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-12-24 16:20, djurmann wrote:
My understanding was that the administrators are going to be hosting this....just on "the big auction board"....or am I being dim and this is ebay? In either case the assertion regarding "cutting in on the sale" is unfair since many people buy and sell things privately on the site commission free.

That said it would be nice if we could have an auction page (if one does not already exist) on here or even a "magician in need" section and that removing the post is a ***ed shame and definitely NOT in the spirit of Christmas!

Yes, the 'getting a cut' comment was exceptionally low.

There is a section here called "Looking Out for Our Own" that would probably cover 'magician in need' types of things.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 19:47, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-24 16:20, djurmann wrote:

Yes, the 'getting a cut' comment was exceptionally low.

There is a section here called "Looking Out for Our Own" that would probably cover 'magician in need' types of things.

Thank you for the heads up. As for exceptionally low, Chris is well liked and tempers can run high when those we like are threatened...and I know that in similar circumstances I too can be unfair. I would still argue that removing the post was unnecessary and therefore unkind.

Tom's offer is extremely generous so when he posts the link can I suggest we all facebook it? Let's get it out to as many people as possible.

Love Peace and Playfulness,

Danny
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I am so sorry to hear of this sad news and the difficulty you are having auctioning off something to help a fellow member. I, unfortunately have just been through a traumatic accident and am recovering from a shattered shoulder.. I am not currently in a position to help Chris but my sincerest thoughts and condolences go out to him.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Ekuth / Chris and Kim. More is needed! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL