The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Chop by Craig Petty. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
So I started to research this because it looks really interesting, and after all the reading, (Especially reading some really dumb reviews that pretty much give the secret away) Iv come to realize one question, and owners of this might have an answer.

What happens when you misplace the gimmick? You gotta buy a whole new dvd set? He does not sell replacements? (Assuming that I'm correct on the method)

Curious if anyone has an answer to this. Cus from what I seem to understand, if that gimmick gets mixed up with all the other non-gimmicked things you have that looks the same... your pretty much screwed? - Which seems like a big possibility seeing you technically use the gimmick, all the time (Even if your not using the gimmick)... that should make sense without giving anything away.

Not to mention the other smaller gimmick that you need to make the main gimmick work... Do you get extras in the set? (This comment should also throw off anyone thinking they might know)
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I just keep mine separate from others and always know where it is. I believe it came with one spare of the other bit but I'm not positive.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-16 21:00, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I just keep mine separate from others and always know where it is. I believe it came with one spare of the other bit but I'm not positive.

Still going to pick this up, seems too good to pass up, very organic. Might have to rip apart the gim and see how its put together, Not worth loosing right before a show not to have backups of stuff. and not worth buying 3 dvd's either.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Have you tried contacting World Magic Shop?

The special something is not an off the shelf item as far as I am aware...
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 11:14, puggo wrote:
Have you tried contacting World Magic Shop?

The special something is not an off the shelf item as far as I am aware...

Ill have to send an email and see if the gimmicks can be sold separate, Id personally would like the dvd and 3 of the gimmicks as backups. as I know this effect will become an instant worker for me.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2012-12-16 22:11, Derek Castillo wrote:
Might have to rip apart the gim and see how its put together.

It is fairly easy to make your own backups if you have an original gim in hand. What you need can be bought easily on Amazon.com.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Just look after it & file it away after use. It's not that hard is it?

And I wouldn't say making your own is fairly easy either!
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 05:19, Russell Davidson wrote:
And I wouldn't say making your own is fairly easy either!

It is true that building things is one of my hobbies and I am known for building insanely complicated things. So, I may not be the best guide of what is fairly easy. Smile

Chop is hard to find now (although ebay has one this morning for $30). In a few years when it is impossible and you are still doing it, I think you will be able to get/build what you need. Having one to work from is very useful.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
EBay. Just watch time to time and someone sells their used copy. Great trick BTW.
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
I, too, wish that World Magic would market replacements. I love this effect, but know that the gimmick will wear out at some point. I'm pretty confident I will be able to manufacture my own at that point, but what a hassle that will be.
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Cluckdini,

Have you disassembled yours to better understand what is needed to make another? I have one, and intend to disassemble once it's dead to make another. That said, I would actually like to have several. Problem is, I'm afraid to take apart my "new gimmick". Could you tell me in a PM what "size and kind" of "stuff" you need to fit inside the new gimmick. Also, where did you find them to purchase?

Thanks for your help (I hope).
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Hey guys, let's not give the trick away. To give away the gimmick is to give away the trick with this. If anyone is worried about doing this without a gimmick, they are worried without a reason. There is another gimmick which many or most magicians have which could replace the gimmick (starts with pk...). But Chop is all about the routine, and the ingenious moves, which are incredible and can be adapted to make it shorter or longer. The bonus of this is one of the best bill in lemon effects (THE FINALE WITH THE CUSTOMERS SIGNED BILL) out there. So Chop is a great effect--highly recommended, and you can shorten it for street magic, etc...
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
By the way, the internal part of the gimmick does not wear out--it is permanent.
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
I know when I first purchased chop they was an issue with the gimmick. They sent out an email and I promptly replied. My new gimmick arrive din the mail in a timely fashion. Im sure if you sent an email you could probably get one. Otherwise I am pretty sure there is a dvd on how to make your own, not by craig though.
Nick Portella
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Chop by Craig Petty. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL