The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When Is The Earliest Possible Moment for 12/21/12? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Alright, according to the Mayans............

Friday, people. Friday! Smile

When in the world could it happen earliest? Like, when will it be 12/21 first?

Let's drink to our deaths.....or not......
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
According to Nostradamus, we're continuing on to 3797. So, no worries.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
I suppose that depends on whether the Mayans accounted for leap year.

If they didn't, then the earlier would be like...7 months ago?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I've always remembered Fiji as the first place to see the new day, as indicated in the first link if you read through it. However, you can find a variety of other places in the second link where 12-21 will occur first, second, third, etc. in accordance with who sees the new year 2013 and in what order....

http://www.fijisfinesttours.com/about-fiji

http://www.worldtimezone.com/newyear.html
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
You do realize that a) they've discovered Mayan calendars that go well beyond 2012,and b) even the Mayans are getting sick of this **** now, right?
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I think we're all getting sick of this **** right now!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
To all of those who I may have offended or crossed swords with on this forum over the last two years:

In view of the impending end of the world this Friday, I would like to make amends with all of you.

If, however, the sun should rise on Saturday, you may all go **** yourselves once again.

:eek:
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Smile

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 22:46, EsnRedshirt wrote:
You do realize that a) they've discovered Mayan calendars that go well beyond 2012,and b) even the Mayans are getting sick of this **** now, right?

Yes, some of us who took the time to check things out know this. The Mayan's had at least 17 Calendars for different uses. The one that everyone is now talking about is the Calendar that is commonly refered to as the Long Calendar.

There is no Mayan reference to the end of the World. This is just poppycock and makes for good fun (and bad movies).

Listen in to Coast To Coast AM on the evening of the 21st at 10:00pm PST http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
It should be a fun show because some of the guests are the ones who claim that this is the date of the end of the World. Should be a lot of eating of crow that evening.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 06:25, irossall wrote:

There is no Mayan reference to the end of the World. This is just poppycock and makes for good fun (and bad movies).

Iven Smile

All faith based belief systems that talk of Armageddon is poppycock... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Pakar Ilusi wrote "All faith based belief systems that talk of Armageddon is poppycock..."

Those are your words, not mine. I'm not sure what your meaning is.

I asked for some evidence that the Mayan's have made claim to the date of the end of the World. I have never seen or heard of such evidence.
Iven Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 06:38, irossall wrote:
Pakar Ilusi wrote "All faith based belief systems that talk of Armageddon is poppycock..."

Those are your words, not mine. I'm not sure what your meaning is.

I asked for some evidence that the Mayan's have made claim to the date of the end of the World. I have never seen or heard of such evidence.
Iven Smile

Yup, my words...

All faith based systems claiming to know the end of the world is just self delusional is what I meant. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 23:01, mastermindreader wrote:
To all of those who I may have offended or crossed swords with on this forum over the last two years:

In view of the impending end of the world this Friday, I would like to make amends with all of you.

If, however, the sun should rise on Saturday, you may all go **** yourselves once again.

:eek:

Up yours too ..... And by that I mean .... May the sun rise up on your life on Saturday morning!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I look forward to the end of the world, every single time it comes around.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I've lost track on how many times it has come during my lifetime...though this one has gotten the largest attention.

So far I havent seen a single believer (and I know a few personally) that thinks the world was created some 5000+ years ago...on the first day of this calendar that is now coming to an end. I pointed this out to one guy and he thought that was a ridiculous idea...his explanation on the reason was so complicated I lost track after first 10 minutes.

Happy end everyone!
Sent from my Typewriter
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The next predicted end of the world is sometime between 2018 and 2028 which I find very bloody wishy-washy. I prefer some exactness, a nice firm date for such events - it's very difficult planning for it otherwise.
David Marcus
View Profile
New user
3,375.97 miles outside of Paris, France.
81 Posts

Profile of David Marcus
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 22:46, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Quote:
On 2012-12-17 22:50, Bob1Dog wrote:
I think we're all getting sick of this **** right now!

EXACTLY!

That crap was debunked immediately when the movie came out. At the end of the Mayan calendar, the Mayans simply flip it over and start with their "New Years Day" just like everybody else.

Unless you believe the world will end on 12/31/12.
“Next to music, beer was best.” - Carson McCullers
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Actualy the World as I know it will end on 12-31-12. That is when taxes will go up and new taxes thought up. Social Security will either have the COLI reduced or eliminated. Some social programs will be reduced or eliminated all together. I know for a fact that my paychecks will be a little smaller due to increase in medical insurance and once again, I will not get a raise or COLI in my pay.

On the bright side of things, I will now be able to smoke pot in my Home to ease my financial pain (if I could only afford it) but I still need to be careful because I will go to jail and lose my job if I get caught purchasing this now "legal" herb.

Happy New Year Everyone.
Iven Smile
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When Is The Earliest Possible Moment for 12/21/12? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL