The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » School slates (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello
Does anyone still use old school slates in there show ?
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Yeppers they rock in the right settings
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Yes, and I agree with Michael...in the right settings. They work particularly well in a seance setting (storyline) when trying contact a spirit that lived in a period that school students would have regularly used them. It gives the slates a certain relevancy and charm. I have used both g*******d and non-g*******d within the last couple of years. There's a great series of moves published in Seance mag. (and probably elsewhere too) for revealing spirit writing using non-g*******d slates. It is elegant and it works (even for an amateur like me).
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I personally use Docc Hilford's Corvus Slates.
The sound they produce is marvelous.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2012-12-19 19:48, Stoltz wrote:
I personally use Docc Hilford's Corvus Slates.
The sound they produce is marvelous.

I agree. Also Docc's Book Count As taught on the Doccinar is so deceptive that I don't bother using the f..p on my small slates anymore.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
JessicaSilver
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of JessicaSilver
Juan Tamariz and Eugene Burger both do great slate acts. I think Jim Callahan uses slates as well.

Tarbell's also got a fair section on slates. (Volume 4, I do believe.) Worth a look.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I had a great custom set of large and small matching slates made by Pete Macmillian. He does awesome small slates and way under charges for them.
Erick Machamer
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
39 Posts

Profile of Erick Machamer
I've been using school slates in my show for 10 years or so. I made a pair for Eugene years ago. They are hard to find, but so worth it! The ones I use are bound. Like a book. Micheal Fraughton actually has my original ones that he refuses to send back to me after 10 years, but that's another story...lol Smile
I have a move I came up with for showing them blank without having to use a flap. If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll let you in on it.
When all of Your Wishes are Granted, Many of your Dreams Will be Destroyed...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » School slates (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL