The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HOW TO CONTROL YOUR SHOW SOUND FOR $1.99 (Crossfade, AutoPause) WITH YOUR IPHONE/IPAD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Thanks again Gothick. Don't know why I didn't try flipping the IPad upright. Works perfectly with full artwork. Very happy with this set up.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Rich,

If you have an IPhone I would also set it up for a show. Buy an extra Ijet. Just in case some kid accidentally borrows the IPad...

G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
This app is really good ! I will definitely use it.
It's useful too with Guitar's app Ampkit for the backtracks. With Zephyr app to quickly switch between apps, it's almost perfect to play live.

Thank you very much gothike and Michael for your help.
twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

Profile of twisted balloons
Gothike
Just purchased the app. I would like a song to fade when paused.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Hi,

It's possible, read the first page of this thread and follow the directions. It's easy to setup.

My concern as addressed in the other thread is your hardware. What iPhone are you using 3GS, 4, 5?

I'm asking because Apple changed the bottom dock from 30pin to lighting connector. The IJet remote control people have not released a lighting receiver for their remotes. Yet as of this date. They will soon.

Let us know what you have and we can advice you.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

I have an iPhone 4gs an I use an ijet when I had the free version of the app the pause fade worked great, however now that I have the cross fade the pause fade does not work. I will double check my settings and let you know.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Twisted,

Cross fade only works with the paid version or PlayMyQHD. It's only $1.99 and the fade feature works. The Free version has some features disabled...

Eventually if your happy with the App you might want to buy a preowned IPad on Craigslist.

Good luck
twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

Gothike,
I bought the paid version of PlayMyQHD and like it alot. I have the settings set to what you stated the first post of this thread. A song will fade when I hit the button for the next song, but will not fade when I hit the pause play button. Am I doing something wrong? Can you help?
Mark
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Mark,

Fade on Pause is a requested feature that the developer said that he would include.

It's a $1.99 app to add auto pause, que to next song and fade out.

Not sure when the next update is coming.

G
twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

I used PlayMyQHD app yesterday in a show I had. It was awesome. Everything I needed it to do it did. I recommend this app for any one man show that packs small and plays big.
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
My only frustration is I am a bit overly cautious. So when I set up my Que and then go to play the first song to test the audio, it removes it from my Que and I have to re-add it and reorder it. Any way around this? Any way to get it to refresh and not list a song as played and start fresh?
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
You have to hit Pause and then back a track. PlayMyQ is a music player that the developer add features per my request for our purposes.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Just a note of thanks. I'm a hobbyist so $1.99 fits my budget. I bought the app for my iPad and was happy that (thanks to the magic of iOS and the Apple App Store) I got it for free on my iPhone. I may never use it on my iPhone but it's nice to have a backup.

I wasted no time in following the clear instructions for the app settings (in the first message here) for both devices so that I'm good to go on a moment's notice. I also followed the recommendation for which remote device to buy.
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
I don't know if anyone else will find this useful, but I use this app to help me learn my lines when I'm in a play. I just record everyone else's lines then use Audacity to chop up the file into individual blocks of lines. Each of these becomes a cue. Then when I'm checking to see how well I know my lines the auto-cue feature is invaluable, as I don't have to worry about timing my line against a blank space in a recording. I can say my line at whatever pace I want, and when I've finished I just hit play again to hear the next line(s).

For me it's a great tool for rehearsal!
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Frank,

Never imagined using this App for a actor dialogue prompt. Keep up the good work and Thanks for sharing.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Still $1.99
CSimmons
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CSimmons
Have any of you heard of the iCue2? I've seen some other posts where Virtual soundman is out of business. Is there something out there that replaces it? I'm looking for the level of control described in here but a better transmitter.

Chris
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Chris, Virtual Soundman did go out of business. I am using OneTrack with an iPod Touch and get more options than I did with an iCue2 for a lot less money. The remote has never failed me but I keep my iPod on stage with me. I use a direct box to patch into the PA system using a microphone cable. (If it's a big show where someone else is running sound, they're bound to have a snake running to the stage.) Here's a direct box like I'm describing: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AVDirect/

If you absolutely want more range, there are two options I know of. The first is the MP3Tech:
http://www.promystic.com/mp3-tech.html (the remote is supposed to have at least a 100' range)

The second option, which is less expensive than the MP3Tech is the Ultimate Control with the extended range remote:
http://happieamp.com/other-product.html (The extended range remote is supposed to increase the range from 60' to 200')
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Chris, be sure to check out the Show Cues iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App. Kelly, formerly of Virtual Soundman is working with our remote control team on an extended range remote for Show Cues. The current remote lists 150 feet range and should be extended soon. http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
CSimmons
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CSimmons
Michael and Carl, thank you so much for the information. I have one of the old iCue2's from Virtual Soundman. It worked well for years but I'm down to my last iPod Nano and I definitely need something new. The MP3 Tech is interesting but a friend of mine has one and he hates the multiple steps it takes to get music into the system. After using it for a year, he recommended against it.

There are a lot of great posts out there about Show Cues. My concern is the remote. Does the iJet remote work with it? What would happen if someone in the audience (or another performer) had one? Could they control my music? Even if it’s not malicious, it could be disastrous. I’ve worked some places where the sound booth is in the back of the house but they did have some microphone ports in the wing but I didn’t have a direct box to do the conversion… good idea Michael. In that case however, it didn’t matter… I couldn’t see the display from the wings.

I really need something where I can put the iPod in the sound booth and be 100% confident I can control the music. I’d also like the ability to instantly know whether or not the music is playing so I believe there is a visual aspect to this as well. The MP3 Tech won’t work because the display is so small. A big red flashing light indicating it’s playing would be helpful. I’ve been part of some large shows and even though there is a sound guy, unless he’s seen the show two or three times, it’s never as good as me controlling it myself. I’m interested to hear what others think of the Show Cues remote.

Thanks again,

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HOW TO CONTROL YOUR SHOW SOUND FOR $1.99 (Crossfade, AutoPause) WITH YOUR IPHONE/IPAD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL