The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wallet by Shawn Farquhar (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Quote:
Examination is overrated.

So true Cameron. I used to work at a magic shop, back in the day, and it drove me crazy the number of times I heard things like "can it be examined", "does it end clean" and other great lines that were their way of asking... "will I get caught doing the trick". My reply was always the same. If one doesn't present magic as a challenge or puzzle, rarely will anyone ever care to examine the props. The exception is an ending with an impossible object that just by it's nature is a puzzle meant to be questioned.

Libertus, welcome to the Café. You will find that reading through the threads is worth your time, most of the time. You will soon learn who's posts to ignore and who's posts can help to guide you on your journey.

-shawn
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
262 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Shawn, your site says this is sold out. Any idea if you're going to have more made?

Thanks,

Jeff
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Hi Jeff,

I am sold out and there are no plans at this time to manufacture more due to my schedule. The good news is that Penguin Magic bought a limited supply from me as soon as I announced C2W. They now basically have a worldwide exclusive on C2W and will soon be releasing it to their customers. Best I can tell you is to contact Penguin and ask to be notified when they begin sales. They have a limited stock and if my sales were any indication, it won't last long. I sold out in 28 hours! Wasn't expecting that, I can tell you... I wasn't expecting to pay nearly $300 in stamps to ship them today either!!!!

-shawn
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
262 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Shawn, thanks for the update. I'll keep a watch on the Penguin site.

Best of everything in 2013!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1124 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Wow, I never meant it should be handed out for examination... Smile But nice to have stirred some nice thoughts!
I am sorry I didn't realize it was already for sale... how much was it selling for?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Hi paperinick,

Although I have sold out on my stock of C2W, it is going to be offered again via Penguin for a limited time for $99.95. As an added bonus I have prepared a special extras package for them to give out to the first few buyers. It will include a CD-Rom of my lecture notes "Bread & Butter", a bonus sleeve insert for the wallet to use for an additional routine, a download video of a cool idea and the chance to be entered in a draw for an hour Skype session to learn the ins and outs of the C2W wallet.

Happy New Year to everyone here on the Café...

-shawn
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1124 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Thank you Shawn!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Just ordered. Anything from Shawn is gold..
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 02:54, AaronishMagic wrote:
Just ordered. Anything from Shawn is gold..

Don't know how you "Just Ordered" as Penguin do not have it listed yet

Must be Magic !
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Great question Martin.Lester. He may have been on my special list. I allowed a few folks the opportunity to order them from a limited supply, in advance of the Penguin release, to say thanks for their support over the years. Not sure though, as he's using a pseudonym. Penguin customer will be happy to know I am giving them a few bonus items too. I made up a few bonus packages that are worth over $40 to say thanks for my first ever release with Penguin. I couldn't make a lot of them, but I did just mail them enough to make a few folks happy...

-shawn
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
Just received! Great wallet! ....but not the cd ROM with the lecture. Snif snif snif ;-)
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Still anxiously waiting for the postman to deliver my post Xmas gift Smile
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Penguin Magic just told me they will go live with their C2W launch tomorrow, January 15th. Lots of extras included for FREE to make it even more exciting. So for all my friends and fans who missed out on the first batch... here's your chance. No excuse if you email me next week complaining that you didn't get a C2W! ... and now back to sleeping on the couch, as I am so sick...

Randy, I hope your delivery by dog sled has arrived by now...

-shawn
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Was hoping that my "Slicker than snot on a doorknob" quote would get used in advertising so I might get tossed one. Now I have to order. Looks fantastic.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Pepka,

It was certainly a great quote.
In fact they asked me to obtain a number of quotes from well known magicians and I said I already had great quotes from great people:

"This wallet is just gorgeous --- I want to marry it" - Daniel Ulin
"The Wallet is the Best" - Ali Nouria (creator of Steam)
"Slicker than snot on a door knob" - Pepka
"Freaking awesome" - Sean Bogunia (creator of … well you know…)
"Well worth the price!!!" - Chris Yuill
"Best Close-up/Parlor trick to come along in years!" - Eric Bedard
"Very slick!" - Ryan Pilling (author of Finding the Funny)

Ok, most of you will know some, others will know all, some may know none ... but when it really comes down to it... a wallet is one of the most personal things a man can buy for himself and it's all about personal taste.

I sure wish I could have just tossed you one, but I don't even have a spare one!
Thanks again for such a wonderful quote that put a huge smile on my face...

-shawn
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Only teasing Shawn! I'm just glad you liked the quote. Best of luck with the wallet!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Well the one legged dog sled mail delivery finally got the wallet here...WELL worth the wait. EXACTLY what I wanted. I have done magic for 20 years and unlike most magicians I don't have a drawer full of wallets because I didn't find one that fit what I wanted...until now. C2W was worth the 20 year wait for me, can't wait to add a card to wallet that suits me and will blow the socks off my audiences! Thanks Shawn!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Looks very different than the other ones out there. I like it!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1080 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I just got this recently mostly out of curiosity and because card to wallet is one of my favorite routines. I've got the Forbes Portfolio, Barry Price, Escolano, etc. Shawn's wallet is very nice. One can tell upon first glance and opening it that no expense was spared in creating a high quality wallet. The handling will take a little practice to get down smooth, but it's nothing knuckle-breaking. I really like the compact size of the wallet, so I've been carrying it in my front pocket. It won't replace my larger card to wallets which I use during gigs, because I am already set with my Mullica and card-to-envelope routines; but I may carry it around daily in order to have the option of doing card to wallet when I am out and about. I prefer a standard pocket for cash with my daily wallet, so the clip for the bills in this wallet will probably be the perfect place for my Extreme Burn to live, instead of my "real" money for daily expenses.

Best,
MJ
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Randy, great to hear the Canada postal system finally delivered your C2W wallet! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. Twenty years is a long time to wait but I totally get the principle. I have an illusion I have been developing for more that 20 years and just the other night I had an epiphany ... it's back into the shop this week to get working on prototype number 10.

MJ Mars, Thanks for the review too. I am happy to read it will find a place in your magic too. Yes, it will take a bit of practice but like you said it's not a knuckle buster.

Pepka, I knew you were teasing...

-shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wallet by Shawn Farquhar (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL