The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wallet by Shawn Farquhar (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received C2W. I really like it! Top quality wallet, top quality instruction.

Yes, the wallet is a bit different from most standard wallets, but many people use different types of wallets. It is not uncommon for some people to use a money clip, and this wallet just looks like a combination wallet and money clip. I have no issue with the wallet, and the quality is superb. I also found the DVD to be very well made. After seeing the DVD, I would think that one might find a different wallet that would do the job if you don't like the money clip portion. There are wallets that have a similar extra flap for ID.

I would certainly recomment C2W to anyone as the wallet works well and the DVD concept could be applied to different wallets if they are designed correctly. I have seen wallets on the market that would also work. I really learned a great deal from the DVD.

As for participants questioning any part of the wallet, I really don't think so. I think performers who perform a lot realize that if an effect is well thought out and well rehearsed, spectators/participants aren't going to care about the wallet itself. It is just a fun moment. No need to get caught up in such scrutiny. I think this whole thing shouts of running when not being chased.

My package came with a card to wallet bonus and a bread & butter bonus that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Anyway, nice work, thanks Shawn.

KJ
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
I'm only involved in the magic community a couple of years and I virtually never post anything on the Café. I usually just read what the more experienced have to say. I just received my C2W by Shawn Farquhar and I think it is one of the best investments I've made in magic for the time I'm involved (and I've spent quite a bit). The wallet is incredibly easy to use, it's handling, I find, is totally natural. It is well designed with proper placement of pockets and can hold and easy 2 hours of performing if it is loaded correctly. Not only are there pockets for a number of credit card and photo type effects (I put in Shawn's "Extended Stay", and "Torn to Pieces"), but there are vertical pockets behind as well. The taller "Powerball 60" cards fit perfectly in one and you can put in a number of Paul Carnazzo's mentalism cards without the wallet even feeling overloaded. A number of bill effects can be placed under the flap for where the cash goes, however at least for me, "Extreme Burn 2.0" had a tendency to flash the hidden bills every time the flap was opened. That doesn't mean though that it may not work well for another bill change routine. This isn't the only wallet I own. I have 2 Outlaw Effects wallets and those are great for what they are designed for, Versa-dex by Larry Becker, the Aleph wallet and the F1 Nitro, so I'm not unfamiliar with what is out there. The C2W is perfect for carrying around without much bulk and having on you more than you would want to perform at one time without feeling loaded down. For me,and what I do daily, this is the one wallet I would have with me all the time. In addition, it can be used as an everyday wallet but in the New York - New Jersey area, I would rather keep my money hidden in a bill fold and carry this exclusively for what I've discussed. By the way, it looks just as normal as any other wallet I've mentioned if not more so. I hope this review clarifies it for some, thanks for taking the time to read this.

SS
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi KJ1 and lands10,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the C2W wallet. I just saw Penguin has some nice reviews too. Kind of makes me happy to see folks who have bought the C2W are using it and not putting it in the "magic drawer"... I have a huge drawer full of stuff I never used that I thought would be grand. In fact I have a garage full, lol. Anyways, thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

-shawn
WesleyBryan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of WesleyBryan
Saw a bit of the video. Just wondering if the lefty/righty thing might be a problem. In other words, I'm right handed, but I handle the deck with my right hand also, unlike most other right handed magicians.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Can I use the wallet transformer with this wallet? Or would that just create a rip in the space / time continuum?
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hi WesleyBryan, sorry I didn't see your question sooner. There is a local pro in my magic circle who is a lefty when it comes to cards. It was a bit of a challenge but he was able to make it work for him. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but he does it well, but it did take a bot of reworking his handling. Great question.

barst185 I'd not seen Cameron Francis's Wallet Transformer before tonight. It's a beautiful effect and if I am correct on his method, wow, good idea. I think Cameron will have to answer your question, but I think it is possible, and if your concerned about the space/time continuum... maybe it's better not to... ;-)

-shawn
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 13:47, barts185 wrote:
Can I use the wallet transformer with this wallet? Or would that just create a rip in the space / time continuum?

I don't think so. Shawn's wallet ( which looks GREAT from the photo/demo ) has the credit card slots going vertical and for Cameron's WT, they need to go horizontal to where the paper money is kept.

Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hey Zombie Magic,

In the demo Cameron showed the card also being revealed from a vertical slot at the top of the wallet and as you can see by the photo you included, there is one of those on each side at the top. I'm not saying I know for certain and will hope Cameron will contribute to this thread and let us all know... because if it can be used... I'm adding it for fun! I have attached the image as seen in his trailer: (at least I hope it's being added...as I have never done an attachment in the Café before, fingers crossed)

-shawn

Oh Wesley, I hope the video I sent you helps you with the handling.

Click here to view attached image.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
See the power of showing a photo! A picture is worth...

Shawn, marrying Cameron's WT and your wallet would be fantastic. The beauty of Cameron's effect is that you can open the wallet and NOT see the playing card. So you could do your routine and while putting the wallet away, instantly set Cameron's WT for a a second reveal. The same card, or do two different spectators.

Shawn, I really like the look of your wallet.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hey Zombie Magic,

I wasn't aware that with the Wallet Transformer you could open and not see the card and set while putting the wallet away. That's a bonus. Glad you like the look of the C2W wallet. I am really happy with the response it has gotten from those that bought it and have started to use it. The cool comments that keep coming in make my day. Wesley question above was interesting with the left hand challenge, but I made him a short video of an alternate handling that will make it work for him too. Wait till you see the new item to add to the wallet that I will release next called Clean Swipe... with C2W, Extended Stay, T2P and Clean swipe I'll have an evening of walk around in my hip pocket... just add cards, lol.

-shawn
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-20 03:50, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hey Zombie Magic,

I wasn't aware that with the Wallet Transformer you could open and not see the card and set while putting the wallet away. That's a bonus.

That's the way I've routined it. I take out the wallet and open it and there is no card, put it down ( you set it easily as you close it ) and then when it's reopened...THERE IS A CARD! It overcomes an obstacle Joseph Bemelman wrote about introducing props ( card to wallet ) later in the routine. Now it's on the table and has been shown empty before a card has been chosen.

Shawn, I'm known as one of the great creators/performers in the magic world, but the jealous "political machine" of the more powerful have kept me unknown. But, like Dracula, I will one day rise!

Count Alucard
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Ha, love your reference to Tommy.. When I created C2W it was to overcome the introduction of the prop late in a routine too. Hope one day the sun will shine brightly on you "Count Alucard".

-shawn
Hunterdrago
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Hunterdrago
Does anyone know if it is possible to carry a bill packet trick like extreme burn 2.0 or prophet by Tom Isaacson in the C2W?

---
Dante
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I just put my Hundi 500 in the wallet and it fits perfectly. I've got way to many wallets and I'll let mine go if anyone is interested.
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
Anybody here know if this trick that Shawn perform at 1:44 in this video: https://youtu.be/OjqbHEngjOA?t=1m44s use the C2W? Did you explain this on dvd? Work with any card?

Thanks!
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Rodrigomc2000 said
Anybody here know if this trick that Shawn perform at 1:44 in this video: https://youtu.be/OjqbHEngjOA?t=1m44s use the C2W? Did you explain this on dvd? Work with any card?

I think this is the effect 'Photo Cell' by Paul Gertner accomplished using the 'WOW gimmick'
see here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=40
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Rodrigomc2000, this is not 'Photo Cell' by Paul Gertner. This is a commercial effect that I have bought and placed into my C2W wallet. I will share this idea with all registered owners of the C2W who will be given an opportunity to buy the gimmick at below retail price to add to their wallets as well. It's my way of helping those that own my products. It's pretty cool, yes?

Cheers,

Shawn
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
@Shawn Farquhar this is awesome Smile did you know when it will be available ?
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

I am away on tour in Spain until March 15th but continue to negotiate the price with the supplier. All C2W owners will get an email soon so most will have it before the end on March, 2018.

-shawn
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Cool! I was on the video from the Magi-Fest!

At the Magi-Fest, I bought the commercial effect (actually 2 of them) that Shawn used in the C2W in the video above and watched him perform it live at Magi-Fest. As soon as I got home, I ordered the wallet. I now have it and use it as my daily wallet, but haven't have watched the video yet. I know the basic handling, but I need to practice to get more comfortable with the handling before actually performing with it. I think watching the video will help too.

It is a really well made wallet that I'm sure I will use for many years. Heck, I am considering buying 1 or 2 more just so I have spares years down the road when/if this one wears out.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wallet by Shawn Farquhar (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL