The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Coin Bend by Rasmus (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36..37~38~39 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10597 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well I'm stoked - I'm in!

This sounds like a real head scratcher...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Stop teasing us Rasmus... When is this going to be out?
DEMO PLEASE..
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
The demo will be filmed immediatly after we finished TCB, promised Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Sorry to bother to mention it... but you really know how to work the Hype machine. Making a demo nowadays takes less setup than it used to be. Webcam, MovieMaker and you should be done and have it uploaded to YouTube within 20 minutes. The fact that there is no demo yet, makes it seem like part of a marketing strategy. Reminds me of the Little Man disaster. I hope otherwise.

Congrats to your strategy.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6990 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very intresting rasmus.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 21:44, Roland Henning wrote:
Sorry to bother to mention it... but you really know how to work the Hype machine. Making a demo nowadays takes less setup than it used to be. Webcam, MovieMaker and you should be done and have it uploaded to YouTube within 20 minutes. The fact that there is no demo yet, makes it seem like part of a marketing strategy. Reminds me of the Little Man disaster. I hope otherwise.

Congrats to your strategy.

thanks for your open mind my friend. the demo will follow soon as I mentioned before. thanks bowers for your nice comment.

and one more time: a happy magically wonderful and awesome happy new year to all of you Smile))

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 18:39, rasmus wrote:

* what I can tell at the moment is, that this system will be pretty expensive and intended for professional use.

Hmmm!!! Smile

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
aceofspades71
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of aceofspades71
Pretty expensive ... ok
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
2 weeks since the original post and we are all still none the wiser...
What a load of b*%%$+1t!!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Without wishing to get into a whole debate about QB or CV2 or whatever.
I have not found a method to successfully (for me that means without going red in the face and looking like I'm about to turn into The Hulk)) bend Euro coins.

1 and 2 euro coins separate inner coin from outer ring and jam.
50c are too thick and strong
10c and 20c too thick and small.
only 5c coins seem to work for me.

Will this be able to cope with that?

Steve
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10597 Posts

Profile of saysold1
As a sidline note Steve...

... QB creator John Sheets said recently that his new QB3 being completed now should be capable handling those coins.

Of course looking forward to Rasmus's new take on this.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 11:03, Stephen Young wrote:
Without wishing to get into a whole debate about QB or CV2 or whatever.
I have not found a method to successfully (for me that means without going red in the face and looking like I'm about to turn into The Hulk)) bend Euro coins.

1 and 2 euro coins separate inner coin from outer ring and jam.
50c are too thick and strong
10c and 20c too thick and small.
only 5c coins seem to work for me.

Will this be able to cope with that?

Steve

I know what you mean stephen:) thanks for mentioning that. what I can say is, that with this system
you are able to bend us quarters and 50 cent coins (or similar coins from other countries) without problems.

I'm still working on 1 and 2 euro possibilities. that's why it takes a little while to put out the demo. on the
demo I want to show the effect with different coins.

to saysold1: this system will be more like an addition to existing principles, not a replacement of them. just
a new way.

if you don't feel comfortable to hold a bending gimmick or bending tool in your hands, this system can be perfect, espacially because it's very visual.

you see how the coin bends at your fingertips.

www.rasmusmagic.ch
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I like the idear but I already achive the same effect in the spectators mind with convexed I'm also a litel confused do you or do you not need a coin bending device to to your routine.

I look forwood to the demo and will this bend pounds and 2 pound coins in the uk thanks for your time

Kieron
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
A spectators signed coin cannot bend at your fingertips without a gimmick. It can appear to bend but that's a totally different thing and the basis for many existing routines.

I don't mind hype, it's the world we live in but BS is getting way too prevalent in demo's and descriptions.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 05:13, kieronthemighty wrote:
I like the idear but I already achive the same effect in the spectators mind with convexed I'm also a litel confused do you or do you not need a coin bending device to to your routine.

I look forwood to the demo and will this bend pounds and 2 pound coins in the uk thanks for your time

Kieron

there is no coinbending device involved, as I mentioned before. I'm still testing euro coins and pounds at the moment.

will let you know soon if it works.

to sean giles: a coin can bend at your fingertips without having
the coin allready pre bent.

that's why I am releasing this concept. the coin that the spectator signs is
the coin that bends.

thank's for your interest

www.rasmusmagic.ch
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 19:56, rasmus wrote:

* There is no coinbending device involved, as I mentioned before.

* A coin can bend at your fingertips without having

* The coin that the spectator signs is
the coin that bends.

With the above given impossible sounding conditions the "Real Coin Bend" has made me curious - And curiosity does kill. Smile

Awaiting a full performance demo as seen by the eyes of the spectator.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sounds like the murphys twist. A bending system that can be done with keys, coins and anything metal really http://youtu.be/ZgI44pjzjrw
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 20:15, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Sounds like the murphys twist. A bending system that can be done with keys, coins and anything metal really http://youtu.be/ZgI44pjzjrw

not bad alan. looks pretty nice. can the twisted key be handed out and signed before the twist?

and can the key be a borrowed one?

thanks for your message Smile

www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 20:13, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 19:56, rasmus wrote:

* There is no coinbending device involved, as I mentioned before.

* A coin can bend at your fingertips without having

* The coin that the spectator signs is
the coin that bends.

With the above given impossible sounding conditions the "Real Coin Bend" has made me curious - And curiosity does kill. Smile

Awaiting a full performance demo as seen by the eyes of the spectator.

Smile

it's not impossible my friend, if you are superman Smile demo will follow soon

www.rasmusmagic.ch
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I’m going to sound a tad critical here, but in my opinion, I feel that this ‘hype’, as it were, was brought here much too early. If it were me, I would have first made absolutely sure that all of issues/concerns being posted here were first ironed out, i.e., being able to use a Euro, etc. Also, I would have made sure that I had a good demo in hand albeit that does not necessarily mean that I would post it right away, but that I simply had it ready. Maybe I’m nitpicking, but personally, this is not the way I would handle a trick/effect that I was contemplating on releasing until I absolutely knew, without any doubt whatsoever, that every anticipated issue, and concern was fully ironed out. But, that’s just silly old me.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Coin Bend by Rasmus (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL