The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Coin Bend by Rasmus (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19..23..27..31..35..37~38~39 [Next]
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Speculation is so much more pleasant than sniping.

RNK, even though his hand, with the coin, went out of frame for just a second, it occurred right before each bend, twice. I don't think it was accidental. It was just long enough for someone, also out of frame, to switch the coin for him.

I think Bond19 may be right, expecially if there is a precedent in the form of a key.

We can only wait and see.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I might very well be wrong, but I certainly hope that it is not a heat sensitive metal (can't for the life of me remember it's scientific name) that bends depending upon the temperature. Most, if not all of the various effects that used this methodology, i.e. keys, nails, etc. were, for the most part, failures what with ensuing problems given there respective temperament. A few years ago someone came out with such an effect using a quarter and it fell flat on it's face (or was that on it's tail). This might possibly explain, as rasmus pointed out, it's high cost. Like I said, I might very well be wrong.

Other than that, a lesson well learned, hopefully, by any prospective person who comes up with an idea for a 'new', and or alternative methodology/effect. As the old adage goes; Don't count your chickens before they are in the coop! If by chance I came up with something that I thought would be of interest to the magic community I'd make d**n well sure that I had it all sorted out and was simply waiting for a release date to give everyone. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
I don't think its anything all that complicated. Just look at the coin properly before the bend, nice subtle bend Smile
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Nexz week I will post a demo with a us quarter, and show exactly how the quarter kooks before the bend.

stay tuned Smile)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
smurf
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of smurf
We love you rasmus
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-02-23 05:25, smurf wrote:
We love you rasmus

Yikes... speak for yourself! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Here is a little private video showing a us quarter that bends in my hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMWMiOdDq5E&feature=youtu.be

a 50 pence uk coin will follow very soon. release will be hopefully around april.

more infos very soon:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 19:43, rasmus wrote:

Here is a little private video showing a us quarter that bends in my hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMWMiOdDq5E&feature=youtu.be

The demo video looks too good to be true. In the one shot demo video the coin bend looks very neat & clean and in real time. No fumbling and no unnecessary movement of the hands as well as the coin is seen. As seen in the demo video, I see no switch or any kind of bending tool in use. Also it doesn’t look like a pre bent coin was in play.

This is something new and different. IMO, the Real Coin Bend looks very promising.

Smile
P.S.

Quote:
On 2013-02-21 20:18, gaffed wrote:

I might very well be wrong, but I certainly hope that it is not a heat sensitive metal (can't for the life of me remember it's scientific name) that bends depending upon the temperature.

Nitinol. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank you very much my friend. no heat sensitive materials. the spectator can handle the coin without any problem or you can leave the coin a couple of days on the table and nothing happens.

you will love it, I'm sure:)))

X-RAY Stage Version
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Wow! That does look too good to be true.

Can't wait for this one!

Thanks Rasmus!

Jim
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Rasmus, When did you say you were releasing this?
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 22:11, J-Mac wrote:
Wow! That does look too good to be true.

Can't wait for this one!

Thanks Rasmus!

Jim

thanks my friend:)

the handling is so simple that it hurts:) no more worries about spectators spotting the method, because they never see the bending tool, because there is no bending tool at all.

just the coin, your fingers
and the power of your mind, that's all:)

X-RAY Stage Version
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I loved the video rasmus.
I want one...
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
That quarter looks weird. Especially the edge...
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
It's hard to tell for sure from the video, but it looks like it lacks the milled edge real quarters have.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
It will be released around april hopefully.

thanks bowers for the compliment. it's just an impromptu video shot.

the quarter does look so real, that you can hardly tell wich is the real one compared
to.

the milled edge is just a detail. this is a prototype. no one spotted that difference and I showed it
to a dozen of people.

this quarter that I used is a newer samoa quarter, the milled edge is not so noticable as in the older ones.

X-RAY Stage Version
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
Still believe the coin is pre-bent in some new way. The light shining on the coin makes it hard to judge though. Is it possible with this technique to achieve a much more severe bend?
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 23:08, bonesly wrote:
Still believe the coin is pre-bent in some new way. The light shining on the coin makes it hard to judge though. Is it possible with this technique to achieve a much more severe bend?

thank you for the compliment, but no, the coin is not pre bent. it bends in real time in front of
the spectators eye, promised my friend:)

X-RAY Stage Version
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
So, just to better understand the product, the bent coin can be 'borrowed', bent, then handed out for keeps back to the spectator??
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
Hi Rasmus,

Let me clarify what I mean so I can understand what is your selling. I was assuming you have found a way to bend a 'borrowed' coin using a bending tool such as the QB2, and secretly bend it in such a way subtle way that it doesn't actually look bent, upon certain angles. The bend is really subtle that's why I am assuming this, however, if you can create a much more severe bend then that would have me completely fooled.

And if the above scenario is not the case and there are no chemicals involved I think you will have a best seller. So how severe can the bend be?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Coin Bend by Rasmus (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19..23..27..31..35..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL