We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls from a sitting possition? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Keith... take any routine, work on it, do it do it do it.. and soon it can become your routine. Main thing? Have fun with it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Fred Kaps did his cups and balls routine seated. Peter Biro's book 'Fred Kaps' cups and balls & more' detailed the whole
routine. I believed that Fred used a set of Monti cups and three 1 1/2-inch sponge balls. Fred's routine is very interesting
and still can be found on youtube.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
But the Kaps routine has no final, large loads, correct?
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of sadhu
According to Peter Biro's book 'Fred Kaps' cups and balls & more' , For the final loads, Fred used real fruit. And when real fruits
not available, he would use larger contrasting color sponge balls. A fourth load normally would be something like tomato or
potato. All four loads in the left jacket pocket.
Oberon_Puck
View Profile
New user
The Berkshiers
28 Posts

Profile of Oberon_Puck
I originally learned the cups starting in a sitting position and moving to a standing one for the final loads. I want to say that Dai Vernon came up with that routine but don't quote me on it.
Anyways, it’s pretty easy to do the final loads while sitting, just keep moving, keep it smooth and stay confident.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I was thinking of another routine with no final loads then, Johnny Paul's maybe.
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of sadhu
According to the DVD 'The greater magic video library on Johnny Paul", his cups and balls
routine ends with the final load using a lemon. It was under the last cup with a lady audience
pressing her hand on the saddle of the cup.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Nick Trost's? I remember reading somewhere somebody's routine where there were no final loads.
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of sadhu
May be you are right. I remember someone told me that the
Nick Trost's cups and balls routine requires no sleight of
hands, therefore, no final load.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Dominique Duvivier must use a chop cup, right?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If sitting, can use a six or more cup set - swap them in as you need. Heck I used a three cup set for a version the Ramsay routine (okay it wound up closer to Hofzinser's) at one point Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls from a sitting possition? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL