The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Guastaferro - Discoveries & Deceptions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
John!

I just saw this quote from Bannon about your book.

“I am a fan and thoroughly enjoy examining how John puts together his refined card magic. He obviously strives to go beyond clever and, in my opinion, his constructions hit the mark of ‘elegant’ more often than anyone else around. His latest set is no exception—a cool variety of excellent card magic. Highly recommended.”

Way to go.

Ryan
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
This is one fantastic compilation of magic. I predict that X-FACTOR, MULTI-MENTAL and ZEN BEND will be classics. MULTI-MENTAL will seem like the Egg of Columbus for multiple selection routines. I hope people remember who cracked this one.

/Tomas
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Received my copy of this today. First, I have to say this is a nicely put together book. The X-Factor is one of the routines I was interested in. I like it. Just looking through it I like Blackjack Transpo, Book of Clues, Here, There & In My Pocket, Stock Exchange and Multi-Mental.

John, if you are ever going to be lecturing on the East Coast let me know would love to have you lecture for one of my clubs.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got swiftly in the mail. I can see myself using the majority of the things here. All practical anytime-anywhere workers.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Thanks to everyone who picked up my new notes. Hope you enjoy exploring the contents. Although it hasn't gotten much mention, I particularly enjoy performing Match Game (page 35). Only two pages to describe, and such great reactions. Give it a try.

John G
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Hi John

Thanks for the two freebies with my order, very nice. The project reminds of Bannon's Mega 'Wave book but yours has much stronger and more commercial magic.

One quick question about the Solomon finesse in Blackjack Transpo. The way I read it means there is a discrepancy in the move, is this right?

Thanks

Jamie

Ps The Zen Bend impromptu self bending straw is the best impromptu trick I have ever used. It floors people.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Jamie, thanks for the comments.
Yes, the discrepancy is intentional. It's part of the move.

Glad you like the book. I just lectured for 500 people at MagiFest. Zen Bend is a hit with everyone. And I closed with MultiMental, which just killed.

Enjoy discovering.

By the way, here is a nice review from Wayne Kawamoto on About.com.
http://magic.about.com/od/bookreviews/fr......erro.htm

John G
delta
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of delta
I ve received onre bonus "mixed personality" what is the other ?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
It's a little piece of inspiration. A bookmark with a quote on it.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
REVIEW: Discoveries & Deceptions

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......st281075

Tom Frame
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Picked up my copy after watching John at his Magi-Fest lecture. Have been a huge fan since the Brainstorm dvd set which I still say contains some of the strongest and most unique magic to come out in years.

Haven't made it through the book yet but can attest to Zen Bend being a winner. Even I was surprised when I was practicing it. Personally I find multiple card revelation routines to be incredibly boring but John has a nice variation that kept me awake longer than most. Looking forward to diving into the other routines.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I also ran, not walked to grab John's new book last weekend at Magi Fest. Book of Clues is going to be one of my new favorites. Thanks John.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Hope you didn't trip over all those lemons while you we're running.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
While the majority of effects are cards, I'm excited about the two non-card tricks.
I posted a quick clip of Zen Bend frim the book here (scroll to bottom):

http://www.magicjohng.com/products/discoveries-deceptions/

You can also read about all the effects too. Enjoy.

John G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Guastaferro - Discoveries & Deceptions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL