The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scotty York passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4153 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
For those of you who haven't heard the news, Bill Wells reported that Scotty York passed away today after being transferred to hospice. he was a legend in the field of close up magic, and his booklets, Scotty York On Coins, were a joy to read. I had the pleasure of meeting Scotty for the first time at our New York Coin Magic Seminars. He was very eager to share his knowledge with the guests, and everyone who spent time with him was touched by his friendly and humble demeanor. He will be missed.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8844 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So sorry to hear of this Doc. I have always enjoyed the magic of Scotty York, always so dynamic and interactive. He was just a wonderful bar magician and closeup man. Loved his work and masterfulness of his audiences. Much respect. RIP.

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6014 Posts

Profile of motown
Scotty had such a creative mind.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
This is very sad news.

I remember the first time I met Scotty.I was 19 maybe 20 at the time, He had set up a small table in Al's magic shop in DC. He was selling his items, I picked up his set of card for the Poor Charlie routine. They were $30. Al's said $30 bucks! and no instructions??? Scotty said well I'm sure he has my book...lol

He'll be missed for sure.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea My best to his Family ! R.I.P. Scotty! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Rest in Peace !
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Sorry to hear this.
R.I.P. Scotty.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sad loss for the magic community for sure.
todd
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
So sad. I was fortunate to spend time with him when I lived in the D.C. area and he worked at Casey's doing magic, and he was always very nice. Condolences to his family and peace to all.
I j
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Rest in Peace Scotty! Thanks for the Magic!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Sad. Thanks for letting us know, Doc.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5184 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Wow, One of the greats, R.I.P.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10786 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Scotty was one iof my heros this is so sad,
rest in peace Scotty
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Sad news. I learned a lot from Scott York: he was truely a creative genius.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
It's always sad to hear that someone who contribute to our art, won't be there anymore... RIP Mister York!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2687 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Very sad to hear of any of our fraternity passing over to the other side.

I wish his family well at what is unquestionably a very sad time for them.

Not sure about Scotty resting in peace though - not once Ken Brooke meets him!

Ken will have him performing non-stop, with his original spin on coins, and the cups & balls. Although Ken didn't carry many books, Scotty's booklets on these subjects were always sold by Ken - he raved over their content. He also used to dem The Chinese Bit, using Scotty's routine with the little tin of mints.

Clearly, here was a guy with quite an innovative imagination, with ideas gleaned from countless performances that bought many smiles to people's faces. I'm sure that how he'd like to be remembered most is by us continuing to use his magic, so that it lives on in his memory.
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
R.I.P. Scotty :/
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Condolences to his family and friends.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
For those of you in the Washington, D.C. area or who wish to attend:

There will be a Scotty York Memorial Service

on Saturday, January 26

It will be from 3 to 6 pm at the:

Old Hickory Golf Club
11921 Chanceford Drive
Woodbridge, Virginia 22192

This is the golf club where Scotty spend much of his time during his last few years enjoying his second passion - golf. His family welcome all of you to celebrate Scotty's life and to remember the good times with him.

Bill
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I won't be able to make it there but I'm Keeping Scott York alive by presenting, the way he was doing it, Chink A Chink and every Matrix effects (even the one I learned from Armando Lucero), in Diamond Formation rather than the Square formation, making sure that whatever travels ends up on the spectator's side. This infers that magic is generous as Scott has always been with his ideas.

Scott, have fun with the Hofzinser, Robert Houdin, Nate Leipzig, Sam Leo Horowitz, Dai Vernon, Charlie Miller, Al Baker and some others wherever you end up... You have at least one eternity to devote your spirit to improving magic to perfection and another one to find how to let it sink in human imaginations. Thanks for what you alreasdy did during your too brief passing through our restricted time.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scotty York passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL