The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David De-val (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Hi, Im still looking for film footage of David De-Vals escapes and TV appearences. I know the BBC have his York and Rochdale Escapes which he did in in the Hot-Line TV show in the 1980s but they wont release them, (Ive tried many times)
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Either Mick Hanzlik or Chris Gower sent me my copy. York is the packing crate in the prison cell(?) Rochdale, was it the Hamburg eight from the women who own the local pub (?)

Ian McColl
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Ian, Thanks don't have the packing crate one in the cell think that's the Rochdale one?, The Hamburg eight was the roller coaster escape which Mick Hanzlik uploaded.

Forgot to add that I can convert VHS tapes etc and return any items as well as cover postage costs. As I would like to feature his escapes on his tribute site.
as well as credit / Thank on the site.

Andy
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 06:46, Darkart wrote:
Hi, Im still looking for film footage of David De-Vals escapes and TV appearences. I know the BBC have his York and Rochdale Escapes which he did in in the Hot-Line TV show in the 1980s but they wont release them, (Ive tried many times)

What did the BBC say to you? That they have them but you cant have them ?!
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Hi, Yip they wont release any digital copys etc unless you actualy were in the shows or as part of the staff.

"If you've made a significant contribution to a BBC TV or radio programme (for example, if you were a performer or a member of the production team), you can request a contributor's copy of the show if it is held in the archives"

I also wrote to the producer of the show personaly asking and as yet no reply. So its only going to be if someone some where has it recorded on VHS? (I recon). Its not easy at all to deal with these big TV companys,It took me three months to secure the digital photos and licence rights from the USA allowing me to use the screen captures of David De-val from the Houdini DVD on the site, Yet here the BBC wont even compromise at its all very disappointing.

I don't want these escapes to be lost forever!

Andy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi I will start looking thru my vid collection as I would hate it to be lost as well, no need for postage or credit, the credit goes to whoever was kind enough to send it to me in the first place.

Ian
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Ian, Thanks.
Keep Escapology Alive Smile

Andy
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Ian, the woman who had the pub, brought the Hamburg 8's to Blackpool for the Roller Coaster escape. He also did a Cell Escape on live Saturday Moring TV as well, not sure if this was one of the ones mentioned, possibly Rochdale, but not sure. Riley might have som info, so over to you, Roy.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, I cannot locate my copy, do you still have the master copy? I would like to see it all again.
You were so much younger then.

Ian
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
My master copy is on an old computer Ian, so not so easy to locate, byt it's on Youtube by searching for David Deval. Also there is the York Cell Escape.

Her's the link to the Roller Coaster escape, when I had twice as much hair!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu......oa0eo0s8
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, and what nice hair it used to be (LOL) The roller coaster is the only escape I can find. It seems you and your computer 'are our only hope.' (sounds like a scene from Star Wars)

Ian
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Use the force Smile
If its on an old hard drive I can most prob retrieve it if its possibe?
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
No, it's just an old computer in a cupboard somewhere. I need to dig it out and hook it up. I'll have a go at the weekend
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Well, all is not lost. I have David's personal VHS tape, but it is presently
in my storage unit and would not be easy to get to it for some time :-(

The Roller Coaster escape is certainly on there, and other stuff too.
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Great Riley! appreciate you & everyones help. So so glad this is there and can be featured. I know it may be a while before you can get it as you say, but if you need it transfered over etc or personaly collected Il be down your way in March Smile

Andy
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Riley do you have the kit to convert VHS to digital? If not I can bring my bits with me to UKEA and if you bring the tape we can make a nice shiney DVD together ....... Oh er misses!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Yes, I have the VHS to digital stuff - but it will be a long time (ie., not this year). It's in a 200 square feet
storage unit that is full of boxes.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sounds like the next venu for UKEA then Smile we can help you look ....... You may want to search us on the way out!!!! Smile
JBD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of JBD
I have got David Devals 7th Key padlock. Is there anyone who has a scanned copy of the original instructions for this fantastic padlock.
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
125 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
JBD - Drop me a message at info@de-val-magic.co.uk and Ill send you something over - cheers -Allan
Buy the new updated Cell Escape-The Real Secret http://de-val-magic.co.uk/store/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David De-val (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL