We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ánima by Michel & Vernet Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
724 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
People who are thinking no T****d may be a little disappointed. I got a chance to look at the gimmick. (Mind you I don't own it and haven't used it in performance.)

While its not traditionally what one would think in terms of set up - I remember being overwhelmed by the demo and underwhelmed by the gimmick.

BUT - perhaps actual usage of the effect would change my mind. Just thought I'd chime in and help those waiting.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Apart from the selection popping out, you can do a gimickless haunted cut, which looks just as good. And it's free.

Also, loops are fine with borrowed decks.... IMHO the effect done with loops looks far better.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It flashes like crazy in the demo
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
I guess thread means different things to different people.

A nylon fishing line isn't a thread. But a clear nylon sewing thread is.

A seamstress would tell you this uses threads, while a fisherman would tell you magic is a sissy sport.

DD
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 14:26, paperinick wrote:
Waiting for reviews.... From the constraints described only real magic would work. Smile

Just opened the box and first impressions are good! This solves a lot of problems with effects of this kind and it very well designed.

It will be on next week's show after I have looked at everything guys and if you’re interested here is this week's review: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/Wizard_Pro......r135.htm

All the best to magicians everywhere for 2013

Dave
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Hi Dave, I am summarizing the claims here:
1. same effect of the classic
2. borrowed deck
3. give it immediately for examination
4. any light conditions
5. always ready
6. no hookups
7. no setup
8. angle proof.

Of course the claims must be valid in a single version of the trick (I hope). It's very common nowadays to see ads that have a list of claims but they come in two or three versions of the performance, where each version takes care only of some of them. Smile Thank you, your reviews are great, still waiting to see the one about Alone. (I know, you are still looking for the deck)
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Watch today's WPR, paperinick: your dream has come true Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Off topic: Yes! Smile I see Craig spoiling the discrepancy that doesn't exist in B52 I believe. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Any one have a solid real world review of this effect yet? All the mixed feelings and reviews on previous haunted decks has me guessing which is really the most reliable, long lasting version? I personally think Chill by Tom Wright was far more intriguing, because of the 'in the specs hands' factor which I personally prefer much more. But again, the mixed reviews and thoughts were a bit disturbing. Anima looks cool, but to me, the body movement hits to the method a bit. Doesn't matter if its the arm or the body moving forward or backward or sideways, anything like that derails my interest. Alas, the never ending debate on which is the supreme 'haunted deck' continues....
Posting ever so slightly.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
94% & 93% from Wizard Product Review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wu0FGgHVl8
Seems like this is the One. Smile
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
If this is their Phantom Deck repackaged as it appears to be, I'd have to say it's not that great and will end up on your shelf.

The feature that is supposed to take care of certain issues ends up just making things more difficult.

If you like collecting interesting gimmicks, or want to own every variation of the Haunted Deck out there... it fits the bill. It's an interesting gimmick. I can't say it's good, it's really hard to do well.

DD
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 14:28, Don Dasher wrote:
If this is their Phantom Deck repackaged as it appears to be, I'd have to say it's not that great and will end up on your shelf.

The feature that is supposed to take care of certain issues ends up just making things more difficult.

If you like collecting interesting gimmicks, or want to own every variation of the Haunted Deck out there... it fits the bill. It's an interesting gimmick. I can't say it's good, it's really hard to do well.

DD

I do appreciate you're honest input here Mr. Dasher. Thank you!
Posting ever so slightly.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Ready for an honest review?
------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD. What have I done. I've just spent £65 on yet another piece of plastic on a thread reel. I feel sick.... really sick.....

For this amount of money, I was expecting something high-tech... something mechanical, something with batteries..., I don't know, a remote control... something flash. What I've actually got is something that must have cost £3 to make... There is absolutely NOTHING new here, nothing inventive - NOTHING high tech - NOTHING to justify the whopping price tag on this thing. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS £65?>??????? It should be £25 MAX.... I have been so stupid.... so so stupid... so naive.

The fact that the gimmick looks like a remote control is totally THE OPPOSITE. It might be disguised as a remote, but there is nothing remote, or control abount it. This is a glorified, generic t***** r***.... I'm just absolutely gutted by the price, and what you get.....! Here I was thinking HAUNTED was expensive for what you get... this has got to be the most unfair price tag ever, and yes, I was a total suck to fall for it.

I've been 'playing' with it for 2 hours, already got it down to a satisfactory level, but it's nothing special at all. And no, you cannot control the speed... In fact, the whole thing seems very clumsy... and, it is far, far too easy to flash the gimmick. AGAIN, maybe this takes practice, but I am posting this review based on just 2 hours. Like it or leave it. The DVD is quite annoying, there is nowhere near enough explanation on the moves, and, they are only from one angle facing the camera - so you end up having to do THE OPPOSITE....

As for the ad copy.... a bit misleading. It sates NO SET UP - what exactly classifies as 'no set up'?? By no set up - they obviously mean -NO PRE SET UP to the deck before the audience tough it... you still have to SET IT UP in your hands as you do the trick under a little misdirection (but obviously there is always something, si I'm probably being picky here) - Next... they state "you'll not be hooked up" - What the?? Not hooked up? I think having a big thread reel coming out of your pocket and wrapped around the deck 50 times is a little hooked up to me!? LOL OKAY, not hooked up all day walking around, fair enough, I get it...

Sorry if I sound so bitter. It's just I've spent £70 inc postage and packaging for an affect that shouldn't cost ANY MORE than £20. When items are priced up and over the £45 mark... you really expect something a bit special - this is NOT IT. Seriously... just another generic thread reel with some spanish guy's handling and 'hook up'. 65 QUID!! OH MY GOD, I could have bought FOB and SkyCap for that much!!

The worst thing is, because I've spent so much on this, I HAVE TO USE IT NOW, I must force myself to use it and get something from it. As for Dave and Craig's review... possibly it could be a 'worker' if the price tag was 1/3 of what it is... but for 65 quid - I just cannot, cannot recommend this to anyone.

===
Final words:
Anima... more like Enema....
.................................. better put somewhere else.
The Red Pill Magician

Sick & Twisted Creator of:
COiN ARTIST
Magicall
Revelation Gum
The Willy
Celebrity Playing Cards
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 10:19, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Ready for an honest review?
------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD. What have I done. I've just spent £65 on yet another piece of plastic on a thread reel. I feel sick.... really sick.....

For this amount of money, I was expecting something high-tech... something mechanical, something with batteries..., I don't know, a remote control... something flash. What I've actually got is something that must have cost £3 to make... There is absolutely NOTHING new here, nothing inventive - NOTHING high tech - NOTHING to justify the whopping price tag on this thing. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS £65?>??????? It should be £25 MAX.... I have been so stupid.... so so stupid... so naive.

The fact that the gimmick looks like a remote control is totally THE OPPOSITE. It might be disguised as a remote, but there is nothing remote, or control abount it. This is a glorified, generic t***** r***.... I'm just absolutely gutted by the price, and what you get.....! Here I was thinking HAUNTED was expensive for what you get... this has got to be the most unfair price tag ever, and yes, I was a total suck to fall for it.

I've been 'playing' with it for 2 hours, already got it down to a satisfactory level, but it's nothing special at all. And no, you cannot control the speed... In fact, the whole thing seems very clumsy... and, it is far, far too easy to flash the gimmick. AGAIN, maybe this takes practice, but I am posting this review based on just 2 hours. Like it or leave it. The DVD is quite annoying, there is nowhere near enough explanation on the moves, and, they are only from one angle facing the camera - so you end up having to do THE OPPOSITE....

As for the ad copy.... a bit misleading. It sates NO SET UP - what exactly classifies as 'no set up'?? By no set up - they obviously mean -NO PRE SET UP to the deck before the audience tough it... you still have to SET IT UP in your hands as you do the trick under a little misdirection (but obviously there is always something, si I'm probably being picky here) - Next... they state "you'll not be hooked up" - What the?? Not hooked up? I think having a big thread reel coming out of your pocket and wrapped around the deck 50 times is a little hooked up to me!? LOL OKAY, not hooked up all day walking around, fair enough, I get it...

Sorry if I sound so bitter. It's just I've spent £70 inc postage and packaging for an affect that shouldn't cost ANY MORE than £20. When items are priced up and over the £45 mark... you really expect something a bit special - this is NOT IT. Seriously... just another generic thread reel with some spanish guy's handling and 'hook up'. 65 QUID!! OH MY GOD, I could have bought FOB and SkyCap for that much!!

The worst thing is, because I've spent so much on this, I HAVE TO USE IT NOW, I must force myself to use it and get something from it. As for Dave and Craig's review... possibly it could be a 'worker' if the price tag was 1/3 of what it is... but for 65 quid - I just cannot, cannot recommend this to anyone.

===
Final words:
Anima... more like Enema....
.................................. better put somewhere else.
Thanks for the honest review and saving me some cash !! Sick and tired of false ads swindling us out of money by not being truthful.That is if what you say is true by the way lol.sorry you wasted your hard earned cash.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4178 Posts

Profile of emyers99
What's funny is that Petty and Penn gave it worker of the week and raved about it without mentioning the negatives you mention. And others that have handled or are familiar with the gimmick have also posted negative comments. I'm sure your post will get deleted but thanks for posting.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1530 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Thanks for the honest review
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 14:50, rasmus wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 14:42, nespressaw wrote:
They said you can perform it in any condition but they didn't say No Th**** so I will wait, because I'm 99% sure that it is not that type of material but I don't want th**** Smile

No Threa*, believe me:) or better ''michel''. a self contained gimmick that you bring in and out IMO.

so it does use thread then!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I summarized the claims here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/reply......=7814162
So far it seems like it hasn't lived to the expectations... (one review)
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
If this trick was 1/3 of the price I would say ''errr, yeh, it's quite interesting, okay go and give it a try if you're new to the haunted deck thingy malarky, it will probably go in my bottom drawer, but you might have fun with it'' - That's the best I could give you if it was a third of the price.

I REALLY want someone to come and justify the 6 billion pound price tag for a glorified piece of wound................
The Red Pill Magician

Sick & Twisted Creator of:
COiN ARTIST
Magicall
Revelation Gum
The Willy
Celebrity Playing Cards
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4178 Posts

Profile of emyers99
IF anyone still wants this, you can get it for 35% off at Hocus during their sale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ánima by Michel & Vernet Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL