The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 - Are the reactions you get impressive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
I recently got this from a friend who is a Magician and I am in love with the tool and how it works.

I am still afraid of going out and doing this to someone because its too simple in my opinion.

Guessing which hand a coin is in... doesn't sound impressive, although Derren Brown does it (not sure if he uses something similar).

For those of you who have this, are the reactions you get good? How many times do you "guess" before you end the routine?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Yes sir!

Now, just because something is simple, doesn't mean it won't get a great reaction. If your going for the which hand effect, then I'd suggest doing something before hand that uses something similar in presentation. (Or, you can do this before something such as a roulette routine. from experience, this also works great)I do a suggestion routine with two coins, now the routine it self is not a reputation maker but the way I present it helps sell the effects I perform before it and gives them an idea of what I'm about as a performing style. It's amazing on how it gets them talking to me afterwords and yet, it's something so simple. The key is presentation with these types of effects, deliver it with conviction and take your time to work it out, don't turn it into a "trick"!

I personally use SS along with my book test presentation, works great and is fun to do. I also wouldn't limit this to just a which hand effect either, think out side the box with this gadget. Get out there and start trying it, the more experience you get, the more you'll realize that in most cases, simple is best.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2012-12-31 10:16, Darren James wrote:
Yes sir!

Now, just because something is simple, doesn't mean it won't get a great reaction. If your going for the which hand effect, then I'd suggest doing something before hand that uses something similar in presentation. (Or, you can do this before something such as a roulette routine. from experience, this also works great)I do a suggestion routine with two coins, now the routine it self is not a reputation maker but the way I present it helps sell the effects I perform before it and gives them an idea of what I'm about as a performing style. It's amazing on how it gets them talking to me afterwords and yet, it's something so simple. The key is presentation with these types of effects, deliver it with conviction and take your time to work it out, don't turn it into a "trick"!

I personally use SS along with my book test presentation, works great and is fun to do. I also wouldn't limit this to just a which hand effect either, think out side the box with this gadget. Get out there and start trying it, the more experience you get, the more you'll realize that in most cases, simple is best.

Darren

Hey Darren,

Thanks for your thoughts. I will definitely try this out in the streets or at a few parties soon. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 2.5 - Are the reactions you get impressive? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL