The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » An Halim Monster DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Hi guys. I was looking at Seo magic, and I found An Ha Lim's Monster 1980 DVD set for 90 dollars. The people who got it straight from An, costed 75 dollars + 20 dollar shipping, but when I purchased, I thought that in stores it would cost something like 130 dollars. Weird.

RJH
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
If you were at the Blackpool Convention in the UK arecently, Seo magic were there and had this DVD on their stand.

I managed to pick one up for the equivalent of just under $70

Stuart Brown
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Interesting...

RJH
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
@ Stuartmagic - if your fingers work better than mine, I'll be even more depressed, Stuart Smile

Best wishes,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Hi Dave,

Missed you at Blackpool.

I will give the DVD my best shot. However, at the moment I have only got as far as managing to get the cellophane wrapper off - hope the card manipulation is easier Smile

Stuart.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Okay... Just googled Monster 1980 DVD by An Ha Lim.. Every link I get in to a magic store, the price is 75-85 dollars...

RJH
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Its a very good dvd, I bought it from an ha lim before it release, the instruction is very well and easy to follow.

you will love it.
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
indysmagic.net
View Profile
New user
Belgium
6 Posts

Profile of indysmagic.net
Hi everyone,

I just bought this double DVD and I have to admit that I'm really impressed also O_o !
Can someone advice me on the type of cards An Ha Lim is using in these DVDs ?
I could see some bicycle cards for some types of manipulations, but it looks like he is using thin ones for some others (like for the backpalm i.e.)

Thank you for your help Smile
Indy
"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - ISAAC NEWTON -
http://www.indysmagic.net
http://www.facebook.com/indysmagic
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
He uses Bicycle's (that have Colors) and then he uses manipulation cards. I'm not sure where you can get those cards, or what their name is. But if you want color manipulation cards, go to Seo Magic website. They have color million cards and then manipulation cards.
PS: What did you pay for the DVD?

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To my knowledge there aren't any colored face playing card decks. It looks like that An Halim just uses magic markers to color the faces of his playing cards.
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 02:02, Bill Hegbli wrote:
To my knowledge there aren't any colored face playing card decks. It looks like that An Halim just uses magic markers to color the faces of his playing cards.

The are some bicycle cards came in various colours...I am sure.
Fujur
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Fujur
Hi Bill,

You have mentioned about magic markers for cards. Do you know what kind of markers are those and where can I buy them?

I have tried painting cards with some markers but I would like to get a better result.

About playing cards, there are colored face playing cards, all I have seen are Bicycle. There were ones called inverted bicycle in green, pink and blue that were very beautiful but as I know there are not any more on the market at the moment.

There are others available on the market that are more expensive and have color on the face. There are red, yellow, blue, green and maybe more. You can see a green one here:

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, I know about they cards you referenced, but the lines and pips that should be black are white. That makes them hard to see from a distance.

As far as what Magic Marker, any permanent can be used. If you look very closely at the performers cards, you will see streak lines where the marker left a line. I found some really large broad markers, it only will take 3 swipes and a card is done.

They will not look pretty up close but from a stage setting 20 or 30 feet away, they will look okay, as in the videos. Don't let not having specially manufactured cards stop you from performing these effects. An Halim did not, and neither should anyone else.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
It is not any marker, you have to use highlighters used to underline text.
TMA convention is in couple of days in Taiwan and Anson Lee has prepared his new products for that convention including his color cards both in jumbo size and regular size. His new DVD with jumbo card manipulations will be marketed in August.

Best,
Bojan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Highlighter, that may help with the bleeding somewhat. I did not even think of them, thanks Bojanbarisic.
c4rlito
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of c4rlito
Wow I had no idea that this was even available,although Anson's techniques have been keeping me busy this is dedinatly getting ordered and sent to the ship now!
Best Regards,
Matthew McGurk
British Magical Champion
https://www.matthewmcgurk.com
https://www.mymagiccourse.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » An Halim Monster DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL