The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » An Halim Monster DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Happy New Year to all Magic Café members.
Here is a post that An Halim wanted to share with all of you, lovers of great card manipulations.

Hello everyone, this is An Ha Lim. Happy new year!
On this first day of the new year, I would like to introduce to you all something special. Today is a special day for me, having left only 27 days before my national services. After a period of rest before going off to the military, I recently started a project to publish a DVD with all my original techniques and professional tips from the 8 years of magic. To confess, up till now, I did not want to publish any lectures if possible. This was because I wanted to keep my techniques to myself, since I had worked so hard through hours of practice and thinking to make them as they are: revolutionary breakthroughs in Card Manipulation in the early 2000's
However, recently I saw a few Korean magicians publishing their ideas and tips through DVDs and even improving their skills through the process. They made me realize that I was overwhelmed with vain, narrow-minded thoughts.
To be more honest, I was actually afraid that amidst such fast changing trends, skills and systems, no one would remember me, a remnant of the past, after two years spent in the military. This was a thought that anyone who has craved for the love from the audience cannot escape from eventually.
Hence, I have decided to challenge my self directly facing my fears and leave a final record of my 20s.

This 2 DVD Set has been created under severe conditions and challenges.
Last August, I suffered an injury in my hand which is critical to a magician, something we must all avoid in the magic society. It wasn't just a fracture but a severe problem in the bones, that I was not able to lift anything properly let alone practice magic for 120 days. Luckily, I was able to avoid surgery and spent quite a while undergoing rehabilitation and finally reached a stage where I could perform my techniques again towards the end of November. I did not want to leave anything out from the DVDs because of my personal injuries and thankfully I was able to include everything that I had originally intended to in the DVDs.
I challenged my situation of limited time and resources under the sole belief that time is a relative concept and where there is will, there is a way. With my genius crew, who have helped me day and night, I have worked on the project and finally here we are.

The title of the DVD is ‘Monster[1980]’.
The term 'Monster' is the nickname that I heard the most from everyone when my act was first introduced to the world, in conventions all around the world. It also stands for my bold, intrepid personality and audacity.
1980 is the year that color TV was first introduced in South Korea (via Anam electronics). This year, a transition from black and white to color, was a year of shock and awe for Koreans and a revolutionary mark to a new era. I am confident that my act has also opened a new era for Card Manipulation as well.
The contents of 1CD_Root consists of traditional, classical basic skills and describes in detail how I have employed them, utilized them, and developed them in my act. I will introduce to you the very roots of my act in various angles.
Furthermore, in the part of 2CD_Origin, I have included my pure, original techniques. If you have ever seen such moves from anyone else, I am most certain that they have come from myself.
I have included in my lectures my knowledge that completely shook the world that was previously under a fixed idea of 'one hand, one card', the extreme techniques that brought a whole new era in the field of Card Manipulation that had previously been like the black and white TVs, and the techniques that I have never introduced to the public.
In 'Origin', I have also included an interview about stories and thoughts on my act.
Especially, I have included the history of the developing of my color card manipulation, one-hand multi card productions, how I came to think of them, and even my opinions on plagiarism and copycat acts that caused much controversy. Though copying someone could have been a gateway to new improvements and innovation, I thought that using someone's original idea without their consent or permission was like a crime. Hence, the subtitle to my interview after much dispute is called 'Disrespect'

Many colleagues and fellow magicians have introduced me ways that I could sell my DVDs. Many magic shops offered to deal my product in their shops and I would like to thank them.
But the reason why I have decided to sell these to you directly, is because it is my last project in the my 20s and I wanted to reach you all in person and thank you for loving my magic.
The price for the 1st editions is $75 + Shipping(international sales), a 40% discount from the intended price that will be on the shops in the future. I have no plans to sell them in magic shops for a while and when they are up on the shops, the intended price will be fully charged.
A limited number of 100 sets will be available for reservation from the 1st of January to the 13th. Anyone who wishes to buy them can send an e-mail to the following address - last_mean@naver.com - with your name, address and contact number and I will reply in person to each and all of you.
(*It just reservation, No selling now. I will upload more information date when I finish reservation.)
I am happy to have been able to perform magic in Korea until the end of my 20s.
I hope to meet you all again as a An Ha Lim in his 30s, an improved magician who can meet your demands and expectations. I wish with all my heart to hear great news in the Korean magic society even in the army.

Ps. And I want to say thank my nice friend, Sung ho Kim for providing me with wonderful place to shoot and Chi Min Ahn for delicate translating and proof reading. Without their help I would not be able to complete this project.

Thanks a lot!

http://youtu.be/5C0wW5QHIMc
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Sounds good. I would like to see a list of what it contains.

RJH
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Bojan, thanks for this, my details have been sent, although I will now never aspire to the new heights of card manipulation now created by the South Koreans ( An Ha Lim in particular ), I am most interested in their thought process and dedication.

I will most certainly look forward to receiving the package!

Best wishes,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Dave, could you make a review of it when it comes? And Bojan, if you order it now, will it be sent straight away?

RJH
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
No, as I understood An Ha Lim DVD will be finished in 7-10 days. DVD is ready but it is still in a factory now. He gave you his email so you can ask him directly any question you have.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I reservated it. I will be waiting for details.

RJH
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
I too am waiting for the details and am really looking forward to watching the video. A little over a year ago I did a 6 week long show tour of theaters throughout Finland with An Halim and quite often we shared a dressing room together. It was amazing to see him practice and prepare before every show. And got to listen to a lot of K-pop music. I'm not sure of the exact number, but he used approximately 500 cards in his act!!! That's quite a feat and he is a very talented man. I wish him the best in the South Korea Army.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
FINLAND? Was it Days of magic http://www.taikapaivat.fi/2013/index.html? **** if it was.. 2012 was my first year going to Days of magic... I just want to see An and you live someday..

RJH
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Today is the 8 of January, I haven't getted more info!? I'M FREAKING OUT!

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 12:34, RJH wrote:
Today is the 8 of January, I haven't getted more info!? I'M FREAKING OUT!

RJH

Bojan said 7 to 10 days, so that would be the 13th. Calm down, do your finger exercises.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
In Email, An says: '' In the 8th we will send you information. ''.

RJH
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
I haven't gotten purchasing info either.

-Leo
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Now I got it, in the 9th.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 00:04, RJH wrote:
Now I got it, in the 9th.

RJH

But it was the 8th when he sent it. It is yesterday in Korea, China, Japan, etc.
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
99 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 03:43, RJH wrote:
FINLAND? Was it Days of magic http://www.taikapaivat.fi/2013/index.html? **** if it was.. 2012 was my first year going to Days of magic... I just want to see An and you live someday..

RJH

Nope, An Ha Lim was in Finland for Varietee Magica.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 03:43, RJH wrote:

RJH

Riku is correct, in 2011 I was in the Varietee Magica in Finland with An Halim. I also performed in Days of Magic the same year, but An Halim was not there.

Levent
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
BTW. I got an Email from An Halim yesterday and I'm sending the payment to him now via Paypal
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I did the same today.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
$95.00 is a hefty price for instructional DVDs. I really thought those days were over. Last time I paid $75.00 for an explanation was Scott Cervine's VHS video tape of his act.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Bill you have to admit 75 $ was a fair price for Scott`s video tape Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » An Halim Monster DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL