The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mugician
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mugician
Can someone tell me what is a TT? I've seen this in a few threads and don't know what it is. I'll probably slap myself in the forehead and say Duh!! when I find out what it is.
Jesper Amstrup
View Profile
New user
Denmark
89 Posts

Profile of Jesper Amstrup
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=116

Don't slap yourself too hard. Smile

Jesper
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
Now you just have to learn about ID, ACR, DL, ITR, etc. Smile
oldguy
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of oldguy
I'll give you a hint. It's most famous for being used with a lit cigarette or small silk. Tom
thief74
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thief74
Lol, I never understood how you could get away with using a TT until someone showed me a trick using one.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2003-11-13 12:06, Johnnymysto wrote:
Now you just have to learn about ID, ACR, DL, ITR, etc. Smile

O.K. I know what the others are but what is a etc.? Smile
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Now, THAT'S funny!
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
It's also a great Car.
funnybusiness
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of funnybusiness
How can you vanish cigarette in a TT? I've mixed feelings about using a TT. I don't know whether I should use it in my routine. Before I got into magic, I remember one of my friends mentioned about using a TT to vanish an object, (he is a layperson.) Now I'm constantly thinking that a TT is a gimmick that is widely known to laypeople. So it wouldn't be a good idea to use it, as people might spot it. What do you think? Smile
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
I'm pretty sure Mugicain is a 800+ penguin forum poster and probably already knows what at TT is... Building the post count for secret sessions... Looks like he made it.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Funnybusiness, I've performed hundreds of tricks for my friends and family and had always steered clear of the TT. One day they were pestering me for a new trick they hadn't seen before so I vanished a silk. They loved it. They all thought it was the best trick they had seen me do. So never be put off performing a trick that you think might be a bit weak if there's a chance your audience will think it is strong. The TT is becoming slightly known in the lay community but as with any trick, those that know the secret won't be stunned by it, but most audiences will keep the secret to themselves. Most audience members realize that they're not going to impress anybody by shouting out your secrets.

A lot of people know about stripper decks but that shouldn't stop you using one if you can use it well.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
True, as all magic gets more and more exposed,
magicians tend to get better and better at stealing, palming, ditching, misdirect and so on.
Magic does not need the exposure, but it needs the challenge in some way......

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I've used the TT in front of people who know it and they didn't know I was using it.

Creativity is key here.

Sure the exposure keeps us away from the common TT routines, but there are many many ways to use this wonderful tool and going in front of a mirror or recording yourself performing various experiments will bring you to the discovery of them too.

I still use this tool today and will always, regardless of exposure. Think about it's varied uses and you'll soon agree.

:comply:
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
I think it was Al Baker who said you could use a chrome-plated one and people wouldn't notice, if you used it right.
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
While I've vanished a silk for people and nobody has figured it out, I'm having trouble with how to work one into a routine. Just vanishing the silk seems kind of pointless in the middle of a routine, but I don't know any good way to dig into a pocket for the TT as part of a routine, and get it back there when I'm done, AND have the trick look like part of a longer routine.

Suggestions?

Eric.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Eric,

I pull an invisible silk out of the air, and make it vanish. I look around for it, and find it in my pocket. I grab the TT, pull the invisible silk out of the air again and put it in my fist where it becomes visible. I wave it, load back in the TT, make it vanish and say that it's back in my pocket. I reach in ditch the TT, and not finding it in that pocket, I look in my other pocket: nothing. The TT is gone, and I move on. Just an idea.

Pete
Vanished Zauberer
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Vanished Zauberer
I put on the TT and then say someting about how it can easily disappear, and stuff it into my hand. Then I say that there are little pieces floating around in the air and they can stick to my tounge. Then I pull it out of my mouth, and then stuff in into my shirt were it disappears. I pull it out of my pocket were the TT is ditched. Hope it helps Smile
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you you realize you haven't even fallen asleep"

MagicTy
www.magicty.iwarp.com
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Don't do TT work with silk if you don't feel that it fits your personality.
Vanish something else, or re-apear something you also use for another trick.
Imagination is the key..
Jack Smile
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I like the silk vanish a lot, but I agree with Jack. I like to vanish a dollar bill instead of a silk, because it fits better into my routines, which are mostly coin work.

I do a bill switch, switch back and then a complete vanish.
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I perform a routine about a "Magic Hole". I use an 18" silk which magically appears from a rolled up sheet of paper.

I tie the silk in a knot, and the knot disappears "through the magic hole".

Then I pass a coin "through the magic hole".

And finally (using a TT) I produce a silk streamer "out of the magic hole".

Sometimes, instead of a streamer, I will produce a long loop of string. I display the string so people can see it is large loop. Looking through the loop I ask the audience if they know what it is. They usually will say, "string" or something. I correct them with a wink and say it is The Magic Hole! I then use it perform several quick string figures (think Cat's Cradle).

I use a Vernet Jumbo or Giant TT in order to hold a larger load. After passing the coin through the silk, I put the coin in my pocket and slip on the loaded TT. after producing the streamer or string loop from the silk I leave the TT in the silk and put it away in my pocket or case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL