The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Repair//By Alan Rorrison Back by popular demand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, rowland wrote:
It's only irrelevant after the s****h has taken place or after you have s****n something away.

that's not what I mean
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
Quote:
It's only irrelevant after the s****h has taken place or after you have s****n something away.

that's not what I mean

Perhaps you could explain then.
The most relevant thing in a tnr card trick has got to be the card. In fact it's probably the one card trick where you have to let the spec examine the card. The clean up has to be perfect for a trick like this to work and I am sure being the pro that he is this has been taken care of by Alan in this routine but you can't say the card is irrelevant.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I perform Torched & restored but this looks much better Wow ! How much is this U.S. currency ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2016, rowland wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's not what I mean

The most relevant thing in a tnr card trick has got to be the card. In fact it's probably the one card trick where you have to let the spec examine the card. The clean up has to be perfect for a trick like this to work and I am sure being the pro that he is this has been taken care of by Alan in this routine but you can't say the card is irrelevant.

i think in the case of this trick its the presentation take a look ate the guy on britains got talent doing torched and restored nobody cared about the card the card should be a vehicle to pass on a bigger message
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2016, tophatter wrote:
I perform Torched & restored but this looks much better Wow ! How much is this U.S. currency ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Well I think he has released this on penguin for $6.95...but on his own site it is £7 which is approximately $10.10

Sleepy
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's not what I mean

i think in the case of this trick its the presentation take a look ate the guy on britains got talent doing torched and restored nobody cared about the card the card should be a vehicle to pass on a bigger message

Disagree. The most obvious explanation for s TnR is, the pieces are sticky and stick back together. In this effect well, you can't disapprove that notion without a switch of the entire card.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's not what I mean

But we are doing this close up. If you think people are going to watch you tear their card up,then restore it and then not want to examine it you are fooling yourself. Do you really think when people see an illusion on stage they wouldn't love to get on stage to examine it. Your example of bgt was pointless of course nobody is going to examine it but go and do it for a group of people and someone will want to see it.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Huh ... Even if they want to see it a simple switch is enough isn't it ? It's fairly simple to execute isn't it Smile Easy , and chill guys ... I actually quite like the looks of this and thinks that it's nice for a Instagram or promo shot . But in real life , maybe not the most preferred TNT , I prefer a visual but most importantly , a quick restoration . I simply don't have that much time to spend on a trick slowly at a table . However this will look very good on other occasion as a slow , smoothing and calm , yet powerful restoration . It's like a slow kill .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
I have to say that every single time I have done this, people have asked to see the card. It's never been a problem because of the change. It's the same as ringing in or out ANY other gimmick. Simple.

That said I recently tried handing out a creased duplicate and that seemed to elicit a stronger belief in the effect. I think the original way was almost too perfect.I will have to play with it more though.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's not what I mean

But we are doing this close up. If you think people are going to watch you tear their card up,then restore it and then not want to examine it you are fooling yourself. Do you really think when people see an illusion on stage they wouldn't love to get on stage to examine it. Your example of bgt was pointless of course nobody is going to examine it but go and do it for a group of people and someone will want to see it.

i see your point but what I'm saying is that if you tell a story alongside the effect you will have more than enough time afterwards to do a switch
they will want to but they will be engrossed for long enough to switch
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I've never had it be an issue. The as it h of the gimmick happens as a phase of the restoration. So as soon as the restoration is finished the can inspect the card
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Repair//By Alan Rorrison Back by popular demand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL