The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unsolicited merchandise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I received a similar DVD once, and I returned it with a note asking to be removed from their mailing list. The DVD was of interest, but I didn't want it enough to pay for it. The following year I received another DVD from them with the same result. When I received another one the following year, I didn't return it, and I haven't received another one since.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was reading the newspaper the other day, because I got up before my neighbor, and they had a story about something like this.

It occurs to me how happy I am with the efforts I make to stay off the advertising grid as much as possible. Obviously it isn't total commitment to the bit on my part, but I avoid most things that would end me up on most lists. Or at least as many as I can realistically avoid.

Reading the stories makes the time somehow seem worthwhile.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 21:26, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If and when they call, you should suggest that they send someone to pick it up.

Better yet, if and when they call you, try nd sell them something.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 01:42, acesover wrote:

Better yet, if and when they call you, try nd sell them something.

HA! "Here is your CD. Thank you for the opportunity to receive more, but I must decline your offer. Enclosed please find a CD that I produced. If you like it, keep it and I will send you one a week for the low price of..."
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
@Danny... I am just happy to stay off most people's S***list.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I got unsolicited diabetes stuff once, diabetic candy bars, drink mixes, etc. and a DVD. I was told to return it, I really didn't pay attention to it and tossed it in the garbage and recycling. A month later I was suddenly billed for the stuff to my credit card and received more stuff. I called the credit card company to cancel the payment as I didn't authorize it. I called the company that sent me the stuff and they were standing by their guns that I owed them the money. I called the credit card company back and they immediatey treated it like a fraudlent purchase. The company that sent me the stuff then called me and apologized for the misuderstanding and told me to not worry about the charges and to keep the stuff.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Is this like that thing where a bank will mistakenly deposit $100,000 into an account, and then the accidental recipient gets busted if they try to spend then money? I'd be rather annoyed if the company sent a follow up letter like that.

You could be in for some serious prison time here, Michael. I'd have my affairs in order if I were you. I see a chain gang initiation in your future. Godspeed.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 16:08, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Is this like that thing where a bank will mistakenly deposit $100,000 into an account, and then the accidental recipient gets busted if they try to spend then money?

A few days ago Yahoo! had a story about a woman in Britain who had automatically transferred ₤1,000 per month to what she thought was her husband's account, but she missed it by one digit. The recipient evidently withdrew about ₤42,000 from the account (periodically, over the years), and British law will let the woman recover only the most recent ₤1,000 transfer. I cannot find the original article, alas.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 15:25, Dreadnought wrote:
The company . . . apologized for the misuderstanding . . . .

Well . . . at least it was just a misunderstanding.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 17:03, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
Is this like that thing where a bank will mistakenly deposit $100,000 into an account, and then the accidental recipient gets busted if they try to spend then money?

A few days ago Yahoo! had a story about a woman in Britain who had automatically transferred ₤1,000 per month to what she thought was her husband's account, but she missed it by one digit. The recipient evidently withdrew about ₤42,000 from the account (periodically, over the years), and British law will let the woman recover only the most recent ₤1,000 transfer. I cannot find the original article, alas.

Makes you wonder what the husband was off doing and how he was able to afford doing it, if all of this money was ending up somewhere else.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:

You could be in for some serious prison time here, Michael. I'd have my affairs in order if I were you. I see a chain gang initiation in your future. Godspeed.

Well, maybe they'll have some cool music like in "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou".
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The same exact thing happened to me with a mail order bride. I didn't order her and felt no obligation to send her back.

Then she started to tell me her dreams and goals, so I sent her back.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 14:58, Zombie Magic wrote:
The same exact thing happened to me with a mail order bride. I didn't order her and felt no obligation to send her back.

Then she started to tell me her dreams and goals, so I sent her back.

Early Post of The Year nominee.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Agreed! That's really funny!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 01:23, Dannydoyle wrote:
I was reading the newspaper the other day, because I got up before my neighbor...

:)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Well, it's been about a month since I was last contacted by these fine folks, and just like clockwork, I get another letter today. So, to amuse myself, I read it, and discover, after nearly two pages of them trying to make me feel like a chump for not either paying for the unsolicited (and unwanted DVD), or sending it back to them, there is a sentence within a service guarantee segment that says:

"You are under no obligation to participate in the program, because you didn't order the DVD, you don't have to participate or send it back."

This is a sorry way to do business.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unsolicited merchandise (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL