The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Truly Inspiring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
I think we should all support female magicians as we need more of them! It truly is a whole 'nother experience watching a female perform Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=J-zKnFUolvo
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
I second that notion! Women have such an elegant approach to magic. Beautiful to behold.

Michael
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
If this would be live. I would feel uncomfortable watching.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I enjoyed it. Don't know why anyone would feel uncomfortable.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Putting the magic to the side, its simpy entertaining watching her! She just grabs your attention. Michael, that's exatly the perfect word for this: Beautiful.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Awesome performance!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I very much liked the routine for this young lady is not ashamed of using her attractive feminity. There are many very nice moves that go through when they would seem ... bizarre in masculine hands.
The magic is there all along and I love to admit that I got fooled by the appearance of the jumbo coin.

Congratulations. Irrespective of gender, nationality or age: this is well routined personal magic cleverly using the tools of the trade in an entertaining way.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Thanks for the link,nice magic.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
FYI, Ekaterina had a guest lecture spot at last year's IMX convention.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There is a feminine grace that she is employing to a tee...and it works. The little nods, flips of her hair, hip movements...even the way she moves her hands and wrists are things a male magician could - most likely - not get away with. And, she's unconventionally beautiful, which - sexist or not - certainly doesn't hurt.

I love her card manipulation video on her web site. Seems she knows her way around a Balisong knife as well...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 12:21, Wizard of Oz wrote:
There is a feminine grace that she is employing to a tee...and it works. The little nods, flips of her hair, hip movements...even the way she moves her hands and wrists are things a male magician could - most likely - not get away with. And, she's unconventionally beautiful, which - sexist or not - certainly doesn't hurt.

I love her card manipulation video on her web site. Seems she knows her way around a Balisong knife as well...

Wizard, you are sooo RIGHT! And that's what makes her routine so special!
SmileAndNod
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of SmileAndNod
This may be an unpopular opinion, but it seems to me she is being given a free pass for sloppy sleights due to being female. Every time I see something of hers all I see is praise when most of what she does is sub-par.

I'm all for female magicians, but I will judge them the exact same way I judge male magicians...
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
It's true that some of her moves were a bit slipshod, and I think she does a bit too much "hand washing" but other bits were pretty fab.

I think shortening the routine a bit would solve the hand washing problem. but also, I'll bet that at least some of the sloppy bits wouldn't be as noticeable if one was watching her live, instead of in a relatively tiny little box on a screen. she definitely has some panache and, I confess, the little wave and smile at the end was sweet as punch.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"but it seems to me she is being given a free pass for sloppy sleights due to being female." then demonstrate better.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Movie critics don't have to be actors to know bad acting. Same thing applies here.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 22:02, howlinhobbit wrote:
... the little wave and smile at the end was sweet as punch.

Funny, I tried that and it didn't work for me at all...
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
" Movie critics don't have to be actors to know bad acting. Same thing applies here." True and that is why I do not listen to movie critics, I have trouble with someone who does not have the talent or coaching ability criticizing others.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Paul Wilson does great coin work but from a layman's point of view which routine would they prefer to watch, the above mentioned routine or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3HCxCpHrcI. I may be wrong but I think the Ekaterina would win out.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 11:34, tboehnlein wrote:
True and that is why I do not listen to movie critics, I have trouble with someone who does not have the talent or coaching ability criticizing others.

That's where we differ. It's commonly accepted that there are expert critics who don't actually *do*

Here's another example: I don't have to be a gourmet chef to know what tastes good. Likewise, I don't have to know every move a magician does to know if it looks "magical" or "entertaining" or to spot if something was sloppily executed.
SmileAndNod
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of SmileAndNod
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 23:00, tboehnlein wrote:
"but it seems to me she is being given a free pass for sloppy sleights due to being female." then demonstrate better.

If you want to make this about me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLKh3vil_......&index=1

It's still rougher than I'd like to show, but this is currently where I'm at.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Truly Inspiring (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL