We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Point and transfer help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
Im learning this move for a coins across routine.(mr clean coins across by jay sankey)
And my practice friend is telling me he can see the move everytime?
Ive tried doing it quicker and still cant make it invisable.

Is this just one of those move that you have too misdirect? Or can it be burnt?
Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4860 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I do it all the time! I think it can be Burnt, But it needs body motion! For the Right handed Start with the body turned to the Left And turn to right as you do the point pass! Ok hope this helps!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I do this all the time too, and the rhythmic turning of the hands up and down simultaneously as you point covers the action behind the movement. It does take some practice but is not a difficult move to pull off once you understand it better.

Behind the basics of this move, The Pointing Transfer, I've been able to establish greater moves like my 10 Switch and Clean Hands applications. I use them both regularly and still very much like doing the pointing transfer as well. When done correctly, it is a very deceptive move as Jay Sankey popularized in his masterful, Mr. Clean Coins Across.

Better understanding and proper application, along with good practice will smooth it out for you much more than quickening up the action. Speeding through it can cause suspicion. When done correctly, the action is smooth and graceful making the "pointing" look like a normal, logical movement. Hope this helps. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2946 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I find that with a coins across of this nature it's best to keep the hands low, less chance of flashing. Daryl has a set of lecture notes that includes a coins across like this but there's no pointing, available on his website I believe.
I j
leko
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
202 Posts

Profile of leko
It helped ME to perform the move as follows:
After pointing to the two coins, close the hand while bringing it eight to ten inches upwards, pause for half a second and THEN do the move.
Hope this helps.
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
Very helpfull thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Point and transfer help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL