The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » What Book Will You Purchase Next??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I was just wondering what books some of you might be thinking about getting the next time you make a purchase?

What's next on your "must-buy" list?
Drive Carefully
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Possibly Phil Goldstein's Redivider. Smile
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Revolutionary Card Technique—Marlo. I'm working on stuff from Regal, Jennings and Dingle, so I have more than enough for now.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I have more than enough material as well for a lifetime too but I can't help wanting more books! I believe Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique might be next on my list as well.
Drive Carefully
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Oh, I have plenty of books. I just keep reading and buying them constantly. I hope you guys like RCT. I certainly do.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
I'm looking for Ackerman material, specifically Effects From the Magic Mafia. I found The Esoterist and already own Here's My Card. I haven't purchased Las Vegas Kardma yet, but it is readily available.

However, since the Ackerman books are hard as hell to find, I'll probably be picking up the second Elmsley book or the Walton books next.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I'm waiting for the release of Juan Tamariz's books that are (hopefully) coming out next year from Hermetic Press.

Also, I'm waiting for John Bannon's new book (whatever the name will be on that one). Those books are on my "must-have" list.

Cameron, go for the Elmsly book. If you liked volume one, you will love volume two. And Stephen Minch is the best magical writer there is, hands down.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Bannon's new book is titled Dear Mister Fantasy and should be out early next year, hopefully. Smile
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Knocks on wood...
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
Have Juan Tamariz' books ever been released in English? I think those books may have jumped to the top of my "to-buy" list...

Oh...either those or Darwin Ortiz's Strong Magic. I have so far been unable to track down a copy but I hear it's about to be reprinted. It's the next logical step in my magical development. I need to work on my presentation big time.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
To my knowlege Juan Tamariz has three books written in English, maybe more. All those, and Ortiz's Stong Magic are hard to find these days but they are all worth your attention.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
  • Bannon's New Book
  • Doug Conn's Tricks of My Trade
~joeKing
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Actually, Strong Magic is definitely on my list--waiting on the reprint. I'm also interested in Jennings 67.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-11 19:32, Peo Olsson wrote:

****And Stephen Minch is the best magical writer there is, hands down.

Peo

Peo,

I'm not certain that this premise is provable but it is hard to argue against it. (grin)

Within my areas of magic interest, my tendency is to buy sight unseen anything that has been written or published by Stephen or Hermetic Press. I have never been disappointed with anything written or published by him.

He writes clearly, succinctly and entertainingly. Plus, his magic knowledge is vast and comprehensive. An unbeatable combination.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2003-11-11 22:58, Turk wrote:
Within my areas of magic interest, my tendency is to buy sight unseen anything that has been written or published by Stephen or Hermetic Press. I have never been disappointed with anything written or published by him.

He writes clearly, succinctly and entertainingly. Plus, his magic knowledge is vast and comprehensive. An unbeatable combination.

Mike

Amen to that.
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
I'm certainly looking forward to Luke Jermay's new book. Roll on Mid- December!
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Collected Works of Elmsley Vol. 2 - I just received Vol. 1 today, and I will be getting Vol. 2 sooner or later.

Complete Works of Derek Dingle - This book should keep me busy for the rest of my life. Smile
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Please. Don't do anything to encourage me. I've spent enough. Smile
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hey Peo, is the Tamariz book the one on the memorized deck?
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
95 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
For me, Ortiz's Cardshark reprint and Bannon's Dear Mr. Fantasy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » What Book Will You Purchase Next??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL