The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Carrying cases/bags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I am looking for input on a device/bag/case to carry 12 swords and 8 pieces from two sword stands to and from the event. What do you recommend?

I am looking on advice for carrying item to safely transport the pieces items of a chair suspension.

Any thoughts?
Thatoldblackmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Thatoldblackmagic
Plywood crates with dividers + foam inside
Scotland's first winner of the Edinburgh International Magic Festival's first place award. ~ Allen Tipton's magic Student. ~ Magic Historian and Collector ~ Built magic for Scotland's top Pantomimes ,Cats ,The Wizard of Oz and a few other shows. ~ As seen on TV theatre and film Smile Aged 17
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
How long are the swords? What is the length of the longest part on the stand? How wide are the peices? Flying or driving to destination?

Stuart
Stuart Foreman
ya4davecox
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
124 Posts

Profile of ya4davecox
They make great bags to carry golf clubs. Get a case for a smaller set, and your swords should fit great!
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Keyboard cases make a nice carrying case for the chair suspension. Something along the lines of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Gear-76-......0&sr=1-4

Check the online auction site for other models.

John
RayLum
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of RayLum
If you guys need any custom carrying bags made (made from the specs of your props) from moving blankets, let me know. We make custom bags for smaller props so you can throw it in your ATA cases without damage. We are the official tailors for Illusion Projects here in Las Vegas.
Lum Entertainment Group presents Illusionist Ray Lum
KMD - Kustom Magic Design
www.kmdfabrication.com
www.illusionistraylum.com
Email: Ray@illusionistraylum.com
Las Vegas, NV
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
I have picked up fairly inexpensive plastic totes that lock and have wheels for easy transport from Home Depot and Lowes:

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organiz......yh7as1OA

You could almost use it if you had to fly as well - just line with some foam from your local fabric store.

Stu
Stuart Foreman
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 09:52, seforeman wrote:
I have picked up fairly inexpensive plastic totes that lock and have wheels for easy transport from Home Depot and Lowes:

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organiz......yh7as1OA

You could almost use it if you had to fly as well - just line with some foam from your local fabric store.

Stu

The Plano Sportsman Trunk is what I use and they work great; I use two and they hold my whole show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Carrying cases/bags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL