The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Blast from the Past - Mb's Short Pockets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8662 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's been a while but I happened back across what has become now an oldie-but-goodie for me. Smile It's the first package I ever shared with the magic community and y'know, I still think it's the best package of effects I ever put out. Why? Well, because it sorta led me to everything else I've come to do. Each of the 5 effects included continued to grow for me and showed me the way as to things.

That "MB Transpo" grew into one of my most favorite effects when it later morphed into "ReVisiTed", which believe it or not I did today in a crowded barbershop for a kid in the chair that the barbers said never smiles. Well, after I hit him with the MB Transpo and finished it up with a little something I do called the Ringa-Dinga, Smile well let's say that the kid has some really pretty teeth, Smile seen through the biggest smile that barbershop has ever seen from him. Smile His dad said he would put me on speed dial. Smile

I remember when I first put Short Pockets together...The video wasn't the best quality but I gave it my best try from my computer and dinky camcorder, tried to put it together the best I could and tied it in as neat a bow as I could and put it out there on Vinny's site - Thanks Vin. Smile, Surprisingly, people really liked it and so I began and here I am still enjoying a journey that really started when I was a kid. Smile I've really loved sharing it, that's the greatest magic of it all really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=end......fClQV_94

Man, I still love this. It still blows me away to watch it. Smile I guess it could've been done better with greater production, etc., but for what it was then, I still love it and think it's still pretty good now. Smile Thank you all for loving it too. Still and always exclusively available at Vinny's website -- http://www.VinnyMarini.com
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
jayres
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jayres
Great stuff Mb. Thanks for sharing.
Jay
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
As then as is now.your magic is powerful
hard hitting stuff my friend.
todd
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
And you'll never let anyone forget you're selling...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8662 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not really, much more so to mention the wonderful venue Vinny afforded me to show what I could do on his website. A place where there's loads of wonderful magic, that included the wonderful work from some other upstarts you might've heard of now, like Tim Feher, Mano Tejeda, Eric Jones, Rannie Raymundo, Radek Makar, Bill Perkins and of course The Godfather himself. Smile And yeah, we all have sold our work and always at a low cost, some of us still do it that way so that more folks can immediately through downloads afford good magic. So yeah, no shame in my game, and the magic speaks for itself, that I hear from a worldwide audience more so than not. So, how about you, what have you done for others or shared with the craft here? I'm just sayin'. Smile
"Mule Henderson," huh??? Yeah, RIGHT! Smile

Anyway, thanks for all the fine comments. That is to have in some small way to have succeeded through giving and helping others. I'm happy and very proud of that. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10706 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion no matter how old you think this is it is still real world magic up close and in your face practally angle free.. doesn't get any better IMHO
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-05 21:27, Mb217 wrote:
Not really, much more so to mention the wonderful venue Vinny afforded me to show what I could do on his website. A place where there's loads of wonderful magic, that included the wonderful work from some other upstarts you might've heard of now, like Tim Feher, Mano Tejeda, Eric Jones, Rannie Raymundo, Radek Makar, Bill Perkins and of course The Godfather himself. Smile And yeah, we all have sold our work and always at a low cost, some of us still do it that way so that more folks can immediately through downloads afford good magic. So yeah, no shame in my game, and the magic speaks for itself, that I hear from a worldwide audience more so than not. So, how about you, what have you done for others or shared with the craft here? I'm just sayin'. Smile
"Mule Henderson," huh??? Yeah, RIGHT! Smile

Anyway, thanks for all the fine comments. That is to have in some small way to have succeeded through giving and helping others. I'm happy and very proud of that. Smile

If you'd like to actually keep tally.Smile, I think I've offered many people some good advice.Smile. It's all out there for you to see Marion.Smile. I'm just sayin'. Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8662 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, then let the "many people" tell you (and us all) how good all your advice is and stop telling yourself. Smile Let the proof be in the pudding if it's as good as you say. Advice ain't all that magical but at least it's something, if truly meant in earnest and provides someone a better way. Anyway, so what did you think of Short Pockets? Smile

Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Honestly, I bought it right when you put it out back then. I've got nothing bad to say, no matter how you react to me. I thought it was solid, but over the years I just see how you've stretched out one little move and keep pointing back to it. Smile You've definitely put the work into it, don't get me wrong. SmileBut why not put all this work together and make a real product? You come across as a lucky hobbyist Smile who got the chance to put out a video and make some money, then you keep advertising your videos in 95% of your posts.

Why not move on? Or can you? Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8662 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 22:02, Mule Henderson wrote:
Honestly, I bought it right when you put it out back then. I've got nothing bad to say, no matter how you react to me. I thought it was solid...

Thank you for your patronage and glad you enjoyed it. That was my goal, for people to appreciate and enjoy it. Lucky me...Thank you. Smile

Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

So, you don't like critiques? Thanks for the partial quote and only taking what you want to hear Smile very classy for a "VIP" Wannabe
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
That was absolutely fantastic Marion….I totally enjoyed it……You truly are entertaining…….Your sleight of hand looks like pure magic!!!!!!

Mickey
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Who else can we pull out of the woodwork? Smile Mano? Octopussy Sun?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2924 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Short Pockets is a great collection of great magic.
I j
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8685 Posts

Profile of funsway
It sure is difficult to see where you are coming form, Mule -- but it doesn't seem intended to enhance magic, to teach anything or to inspire others. You words are not "a critique" of anything.

If you really think that the dozens of effects Mb has offered the magic community are simply refinements of one move or approach, then you are missing out on most of what magic has to offer.

The effects in Short Pockets, for example, are building blocks upon which any performer can built his own effects and routines. His gift is inspiration -- backed by the daily performance of his effects in every possible venue.

Each performance fuels more creativity. I can't perform some of his effects because of crippled hands, but direct communication with Marion has allowed my to create effects I can do.

So, Mule -- what effects have your created based on Mb's moves and sleights?

Why do you believe that putting out a video would be "moving on?"

But you are right about one thing -- magic is about selling. Selling yourself. Selling the value of astonishment. Selling hope over depression.

Giving away effects is one form of selling. Charging a fee is another. Inspiring others is another form. Putting others down is another.

What are you selling?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-05 22:37, funsway wrote:
It sure is difficult to see where you are coming form, Mule -- but it doesn't seem intended to enhance magic, to teach anything or to inspire others. You words are not "a critique" of anything.

If you really think that the dozens of effects Mb has offered the magic community are simply refinements of one move or approach, then you are missing out on most of what magic has to offer.

The effects in Short Pockets, for example, are building blocks upon which any performer can built his own effects and routines. His gift is inspiration -- backed by the daily performance of his effects in every possible venue.

Each performance fuels more creativity. I can't perform some of his effects because of crippled hands, but direct communication with Marion has allowed my to create effects I can do.

So, Mule -- what effects have your created based on Mb's moves and sleights?

Why do you believe that putting out a video would be "moving on?"

But you are right about one thing -- magic is about selling. Selling yourself. Selling the value of astonishment. Selling hope over depression.

Giving away effects is one form of selling. Charging a fee is another. Inspiring others is another form. Putting others down is another.

What are you selling?

Thanks for your questions Funsway. I definitely respect your contributions to the forum as a whole. You've got something to offer in just about every thread here, whether it's cards, coins, or mentalism.

What may be off putting are my responses to Marion's attempts at selecting my quotes as he pleases which paints a different picture of me. I was honestly trying to give him a critique on his methods of continually advertising his products in just about every post he makes. And this post seems to be just for the fun of doing so.

I have not given a bad critique of his work. In fact, I have purchased Short Pockets and the first Crimp Change video.

As to your questions:

1. I've come up with a 4 phase C/S routine
2. I did not suggest that making a video would be "moving on" I was suggesting that he should move on from the Crimp to some other ideas! Like Tim Feher for example, a colleague of his.
3. I don't sell anything. I am only offering a different perspective for others to analyze for themselves.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8685 Posts

Profile of funsway
Thanks for the quick response. I'm just confused, I guess ...

on another thread you posted "People don't know your level of experience, so a high post count generally looks like you are experienced; a low post count looks like you are new, therefore inexperienced. From what I've seen though it just might represent the amount of free time some loser has instead of practicing or actually making a little cash using his 'superior' knowledge of magic"

Thus, it would seem you are favor of someone "making a little cash" from sharing his magic ideas -- but here you put Mb down for doing that.

From the first part of this quote it does appear that you are selling the idea that your low count isn't a measure of your worth and experience -- and many of your other posts indicate more than a novice experience with magic.

Why don't you offer you "4 phase C/S routine" to others? Then we can critique its value -- and the value of your opinions as well.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Well, now you're taking things out of their context.

If you read that whole thread I was commenting on people's responses to another individual. I was giving him advice. I was not speaking for myself. That fact being, you can't help what people glean from your Avatar or post count, it's the content within your post. Therefore, the length of time you've been here and the reputation you've built upon providing others with helpful information shows your experience. A high post count plus good reputation equals credibility.

I am in favor of making a little cash from selling ideas. That is the root of my advice to Marion. Why not compile everything into a DVD that is comprehensive on the Crimp Change and his other outlying effects like Grandpas Coins? Because it seems to me that he is continually pointing people towards his products.

As for me putting out my rendition of C/S... That's not my goal. I am but a meager bar worker and happy with what I'm doing. I make money from my magic, that was the point of the other thread; not necessarily putting out videos or DVDs.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3149 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Mule, reading your post around the Café, I gather you have had a name change and actually used a different name in the past. If I am off base, I apologize in advance as I could be wrong?
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
I seriously think so too rizzo.your post on this thread
really seems to totally critisize mb.come on 95% of his post
are to sell his product.i don't think so.and calling him a vip wannabe.
ugh I think he is a vip.check his avatar.mb has help me many times for
a effect I wanted to learn or a sleight I didn't know how to do.and he did
it for nothing.spending his time to make me a video so I could understand
it easier.if I didn't know better I see some jealousness here.im not going to bash
you on this.i think you can see it clearly yourself.but I would say that 95% of
your post causes disruption in a thread.
todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Blast from the Past - Mb's Short Pockets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL