The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the name of this production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
182 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
Hi everyone - Does anyone know the name of this production?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1MWEoS6714

I think I may like to learn it: I'm working on my own version of Miser's Dream and would like to know if this has a home...
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Fickle Nickle?
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Well, it's just a guess, but I'm thinking he is using a loop.
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

I'm not sure about the loop. Unless he's filming at some weird angle where gravity is actually pulling it behind his hand instead of his fingers... otherwise he couldn't do that finger spread between productions...
Dirtytrix
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dirtytrix
Didn't take long to work out whats going on to be honest. The hand is moving to top of the shot, leaving any number of possibilities. Now I've pointed that out I'm sure you can work out the rest. Even if this was a legit and clean production, it's been filmed so poorly that you just can't rule out the possibility that the coin is coming from out of shot. There isn't a single, clean, production done where you couldn't state otherwise, and since this has been filmed looking at the floor so that the front of the performer is out of shot it would seem to back that up.

This is about as "best coin production" as the trillion dollar coin that the US mint is about to produce. ;-)

Sorry for spoiling it for you, but you won't be performing this close up, only for folk on youtube. ;-)

Phil
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Looks like he is using one of two possible devices from "The Art of Coin Manipulation" by T. Nelson Downs, Chapter 5: Mechanical Devices for Performing The Miser's Dream. Most likely the "Coin with Wire Loop" shown in Fig. 69 and 70. (Not an IET loop, btw)

Thank you.

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8638 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice how he makes it appear, suspicious how he vanishes it. Looks like FN to me. Smile

Now this is some nicer stuff from this genre, IMHO, and from a real worker and genius at that. Smile If you want to think about something, think about this. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbdwl9F_3yQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBGIMvwEHvE
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
@Mb
its looks like optical illusion ... lol
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
To me it looks like a downs palm production done well (i love the mobile thumb)...dont like how the hand moves out of frame though!
Thanks for sharing
Evan
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Its amazing what a piece of tape can do. I cant remember the book I seen this in. I have it just need to find it to give reference. Sorry I'm a little rusty on sources.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Mb - those were beautiful. I have no idea if they'd work in my routine or not, but as a coin guy I really want to learn those. I've only got Bobo's, and the links named the move as Tabary's move. Any advice where I could learn that?

Thanks in advance.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
My comment was for the original video. Not the Tarbary links MB posted. Don't want you guys to think I lost it....lol
Anyway Bill Serven "Magic tax" routine has the tape idea I was referring too. Would be used for parole or stage work.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Dirtytrix
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dirtytrix
Sorry guys, but due to the really poor nature of the recording I don't think you can pin this down to anything all the time the hand goes out of shot - like so many times in magic, I think we're all thinking a little too hard on this one and as we all know its generally the most obvious things that get overlooked. ;-)

Don't beat yourselves up over it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the name of this production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL