The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypno-Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Happy New Year, everyone.

This place has been as dead as my grandmother for a long time, but I am still going to take a chance. Last Autumn a college asked me for something different. I gave them Hypno-Circus. I came on dressed as a ring-master, and gave the show a circus slant. I quite liked the result, and am now going to put the show on the road, as an attempt to revive the hypnosis format in Ireland (where it is considered old-hat).

My poster is very circus (I think) and I am going to open with juggling, perhaps a strait-jacket escape from a unicycle, bits of clowney fun. Then I bring on the clowns (the volunteers) and the fun begins. What do you think? Any suggestions? Both marketing and material suggestions are welcome.

Lets make this forum a fun place to swap ideas about STAGE SHOWS again.

All the best, Tony
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
897 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Sounds similar to 'Rajan and his evil hypnotists'-CH4 that had a circus feel to it, but with a darker tone than your show appears to have, great fun and an interesting slant on things.
it would look pretty mad if the volunteers on stage wore some clown apparell - wigs,nose,shoes (maybe) - would help them get into character while providing a strange vision to the audience (hypnotised clowns)
just a thought, good luck with it.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I like that idea!
SleepNow
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SleepNow
Ormond McGill did mid-night spook shows for years. He was known as the Hypnotist Dr. Zomb.

If you do the Circus with the hypnosis, I think you should do the hypnosis before you do the juggling and straight-jacket escape.

Doing the fun circus stuff first might lessen your credibility as a hypnotist.

Sounds like a fun show.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
897 Posts

Profile of catweazle
If you were an 'evil' ringmaster, you could cast your spell over the clowns and control them with a clown string puppet i.e get them to copy the string puppet.

just sayin Smile
Pomdini
View Profile
New user
Some magical day I'll have more than
64 Posts

Profile of Pomdini
How about ventriloquism? Could be fun to create a dummy or two. I remember Derren Brown having a subject slowly become the dummy in one of his Trick or Treat shows, it was quite a dark performance as I remember, I'm sure you could keep it light and fun though.
“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”-Milton Erickson
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Pomdini, I like that. I will give that serious consideration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypno-Circus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.52 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL