The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Going Further (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 01:53, Mule Henderson wrote:
Just want to keep this on track...

What thing this past year moved you forward?

I just want to be like you Mule, then maybe...... I can come out of the woodwork. Smile
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Good to hear from you Mano.

So, what have you been busy with lately? what new coin ideas have you been working on? Reading anything good?

I'm sure you'd have some great input.
SmileAndNod
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of SmileAndNod
Covert Coins by Charlie Justice and specifically his F.L.O.P.

Also working on a Miser's Dream (which is my favorite magic routine) to use for busking.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2917 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I was just reading over and playing with Gary Kurtz' Penny Lane from The Collected Almanac. Got me all happy about magic.
I j
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 06:03, Merc Man wrote:
I've always wanted to perform a Misers Dream routine in a close-up situation. I'm currently studying the Pat Page routine from his excellent book 'Magic Page by Page' which can be adapted for a walk around situation.

The only thing I need to change is the receptacle to throw the coins into. Herein lies a problem. I think one of the attractions of the routine is the noise created throwing the coins into the champagne bucket. Diners, or adjacent tables, don't want to have their meals disturbed by the constant clanking!

Any ideas guys (other than just putting the coins on your pocket)!

Hi Barry.

Try a milk shake cup! http://www.globeequipment.com/content/images/64e_1.jpg

Hey, have you seen David Regal's "Clink!"? Even if the idea of using a glass doesn’t work for you, the gimmicks and how they are used might work.

Jim
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 01:16, J-Mac wrote:
Staying within the CSB arena here, Jeremy Pei's DVD "Ultimate CSB Magic" got me to stop performing just the basic CSB routine and start using the gimmick in ways I hadn't considered before. Any fans of CSB and visual coin magic should watch this DVD.

Jim

Thanks for the reference, will check it out. I'm in serious need of a CSB update lol
Evan
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 19:47, Mule Henderson wrote:
Good to hear from you Mano.

So, what have you been busy with lately? what new coin ideas have you been working on? Reading anything good?

I'm sure you'd have some great input.

Hi Mule,

Thanks man.

I have been busy doing tricking and parkour, they have stolen the passion I had for magic.

My journey in the art of magic has been a roller coaster, for the past 6+ years I was 100% focused on trying to get published some of my close up magic,but with no luck, and at the same time completely neglected the fun part, to me, which is performing out there for lay people, and I honestly was getting bored with magic for that reason.So I put a stop to that for the time being. Now my focus is to regain my performing abilities and get some work/gigs.

Regarding coin ideas. I put a stop to that as well.I apologize if I sound conceited,i have so much work on coin magic, that I do not know if I ever gonna be able to go through them all in my lifetime.

I'm reading a book called Aspire by Kevin Hall,a wonderful book,i love it.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Well, I'm sure you'd be able to do ebooks with all the stuff you've got. Have you explored that any?

But yeah, I understand about just getting out there for paid gigs. I think that's the most fun.

And what's that book about? Just a general self-motivation type of book? I think a lot of outside info can help everyone's magic.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
No really, but I'd prefer paper books. Yes, the book is one of those self-motivation book, I have so many of them Smile, but this one is the best of all.

Stay well.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2642 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
I've always wanted to perform a Misers Dream routine in a close-up situation. I'm currently studying the Pat Page routine from his excellent book 'Magic Page by Page' which can be adapted for a walk around situation - so I think it qualifies for this thread as I started in 2012 but it's also a 2013 'work in progress'. Smile

The only thing I need to change is the receptacle to throw the coins into. Herein lies a problem. I think one of the attractions of the routine is the noise created throwing the coins into the champagne bucket. Diners, or adjacent tables, don't want to have their meals disturbed by the constant clanking!

Any ideas guys (other than just putting the coins on your pocket)!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1675 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Merc, didn't like my suggestion at all huh ?
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Yeah, I noticed the same exact post appeared again. I figured it was some kind of error.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
What's up Barry? We been brainstorming for ya mate! Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Personally, I believe that double and triple posts are the result of "session saver" features in modern browsers. If your session saver, which saves all the tabs that were open when you last closed the browser, is set to automatically reload those tabs, it often resends the last post you made.

My thoughts on the issue anyway.

Jim
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Well, anywhoo...

J-Mac, I know you're an avid collector of Lassen and Schoolcraft stuff. What have you been playing with these days. What particular routine or move are you working on?
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2642 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Sorry guys - I haven't a clue how that got reposted. Smile

It must have something to do with this new iPad that I'm using. It's got this wonderful habit of auto-correcting words as well - by putting something completely different, seemingly AFTER you've already amended and re-checked it!

Obviously, I'm more than happy to receive your ideas; not to mention extremely grateful whenever people take time to type their suggestions. Going to try these over the weekend.
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-01-11 00:27, Mule Henderson wrote:
Well, anywhoo...

J-Mac, I know you're an avid collector of Lassen and Schoolcraft stuff. What have you been playing with these days. What particular routine or move are you working on?

Ha! Making me laugh!

More like I am an avid wannabe collector of that stuff! Wait a minute... I do have a few of Lassen's clad items now, and to be honest they are very nice! But alas, no custom or silver items. Can't quite afford that stuff.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Merc, my iPad was very frustrating, too... till I finally threw it across the room. Now it doesn’t work at all, and I couldn't be happier with it! Smile

Jim
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Going Further (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL