We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My humble opinion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The people of Spooky rock.
We have some of the greatest creative minds here.
We see wonderful art produced
We seem to be the antithesis of the Penny Forum in that we pretty much welcome and support each other
We incorporate all forms of the mystery arts
I have seen things coming from Outlaw, Alchemy Moon, Lebanon Circle and other individuals that will knock the socks out of us
I am happy to work with academics in the field like Todd and gang
I am happy to share with people like Steve Murray and others who actually like my stuff too
I am happy to share ideas for the future with colleagues such as Brian, Chris G, Cody and more...
It's nice to see old friends like Autumn Morning Star return to the dark side
It's great to see KOTAH and other poets continue unchecked in their creativity
I am overjoyed to be here and at the now
Oh yes - I am savoring cognac in front of a fire and feeling spirited...

But I believe 2013 is again a wonderful year for us all

Happy new year! Dec 21 2012 destroyed the world? I think it was just the end of the old age and the beginning of the new bizarre era

Hip hip hooray

and a merry Ia!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Nicely said. A merry 2013 for everybody.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Where is the dang like button when you need it hahaha. I couldn't agree more. I am very excited to see what this year holds for us.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Well said! We have such a great group of supportive people here who are extremely talented. I love the creative dialog and ideas.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Great words ... and so true!
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Great words, well said.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 18:33, Dr Spektor wrote:
The people of Spooky rock.
We have some of the greatest creative minds here.
We see wonderful art produced
We seem to be the antithesis of the Penny Forum in that we pretty much welcome and support each other
We incorporate all forms of the mystery arts
I have seen things coming from Outlaw, Alchemy Moon, Lebanon Circle and other individuals that will knock the socks out of us
I am happy to work with academics in the field like Todd and gang
I am happy to share with people like Steve Murray and others who actually like my stuff too
I am happy to share ideas for the future with colleagues such as Brian, Chris G, Cody and more...
Its nice to see old friends like Autumn Morning Star return to the dark side
Its great to see KOTAH and other poets continue unchecked in their creativity
I am overjoyed to be here and at the now
Oh yes - I am savoring cognac in front of a fire and feeling spirited...

But I believe 2013 is again a wonderful year for us all

Happy new year! Dec 21 2012 destroyed the world? I think it was just the end of the old age and the beginning of the new bizarre era

Hip hip hooray

and a merry Ia!

Well put Dr. You're one of my favorite people here! AND YES! We DO rock!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1768 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Agreed! This forum is the true spirit of Magicians Helping Magicians! Thanks for bringing it into our consciousness!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Well said, good Doctor....
...and you mean there are other places on the Magic Café other than Spooky?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
GROUP HUG !

This post made me feel, all 'Tingly'! Smile

"Long Live Spooky!"

And, Dr Spektor I raise my Skull Crystal Head glass(full), to you!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
A real pleasure to read. For my part, and something I posted in another venue, I am always amazed and impressed by the way this particular approach to the magical arts provides such a supportive network. I have now been welcomed with open arms in two very different cities ( Seattle and Mexico City) where I have been hosted, treated, and feted by long time committed practitioners. My recent visit to Mexico City was extraordinary and I learned about so many new and exciting things taking place in our field. In my own way, I returned this spirit to a special visitor to London two weeks ago along with a couple of masters of deception for whole day of discussion and innovation. 2013, in following Pinchbeck, is the beginning of a new era, a shift in consciousness if you will (certainly for me anyway)....

And yes Dr, I will really try to get to your neck of the woods some day!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Dr Spektor you have inspired us all with your frosty North insights.
I am certain we all thank you deeply.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Dr Spektor,

if you ever get to the north west usa, please do look me up brother ill tip many a pint with you!
and that goes for any of you here. let the new era take us farther then all others combined!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I have heard of the Magic Circle - but a Magic Circle....... No, No... stop it right there young man!

But in all seriousness Dr S is 101% right here.
Many of us graduated from the bear pit of the Pennies forum and many of us would not go back there for all the pennies in heaven.
What we have here which should be fiercely guarded is a lack of the egocentric opinionated arrogance that seems to be the oxygen of mentalists.
I *do* think that Outlaw, Lebanon, Prof BC, Lucien, Dr Todd, the good DrS himself and YOU constitute the cutting edge of thinking in our art. This in itself may seem like a arrogant statement - but really, is there any other branch of the art which is exploring the fringes of performance in the same way as people in the Bizarre community are? I do not see any other branch of magic with a concern in restoring our once great art from it's previously debased state - no other branch which attempts to replace trickery with genuine numinosity.
We too are evolving - I have seen a great deal of development of thinking in the area of this field of magic in the time I have frequented this forum.
There is a genuine feeling of trust and sharing here that we should fight vigorously to maintain. The reality of the situation is that there is an uncomfortable tolerance between dealers here - how could it be otherwise, as we are all competing for the same small market. However, there is also a unwritten 'gentleman's code'. Lines that we do not step over, that are actually built upon a strange sort of mutual respect and an understanding that all of the creators contribute to the advancement of the art. This too has a fragile preciousness.
I do think we deserve the group hug, even if I am strictly a non-tactile person!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4406 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Very nice meaningful words. Mmm now if only I had an open log fire. I have a fine Brandy, oh well I will have a brandy later and look forward to being more creative and reading some fantastic ideas from some very talented folk on here, so I raise my glass and cheer's to all on here.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Dr. Spektor:
I am honored to be counted among this great group of blood-sucking fiends who are remarkably supportive of each other. I was just doing research in a magic forum (not the Magic Café') and I actually had to leave the forum because it was so angry. I did not even make a post. The guys were just verbally beating each other up and wasting so much time and energy. Spooky is very supportive and lacks that 'angry arrogance' that is often found in other forums.

I find this bonded group of wicked spooks BLOODY refreshing, like a long drink from a deep dark well full of rabid vampire bats. Smile Love you guys!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Thank you Dr. and all of you who frequent Spooky. We've been entertained, enlightened, amused, challenged, and heard some deep thoughts expressed here. I've had many sparks formed in my head which led to good ideas from reading posts here. I've also rejected some bad ideas too. A round of applause and a hip-hip-hurray to Spooky: bizarrists helping bizarrists!
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1015 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Spooky has always been my favorite hangout on the Café, for all the reasons you mentioned and more. The one place were everyone understands that magic is at it best when it is treated as an art form. Group hug.
Bob
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Dr, Now that I've relocated from NYC to Buffalo on the Canadian border, we must plan a deliciously evil event.
Great words my friend.

SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Indeed - in fact I have an idea if I get a moments respite to organise the black pilgrimage ....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My humble opinion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL